Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Still looking for investors for BTCChess.com  (Read 2259 times)
drknow012 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Fairy Tale + Fact = Unregulated Virtual Currency!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 07:34:26 PM

I'm still looking for anyone who might be interested in helping with the chess project i've been working on. The site is working flawlessly, and there is still room for development, but i would like to keep it the way it is right now. It's simple, and easy to use. Now all I need are investors to help get it off the ground. I want to advertise everywhere! I've been working with Bitcoinadvertising.com and I'm noticing alot of the clicks are coming from China. In light of this, i re-wrote the site in mandarin (fantasypublishings.com/cn

So, i'm asking, does anyone think this is a good idea? Good enough to go into a partnership with me? Everything is negotiable, and I will work hard to make this work.

Take a look at the site here: btcchess.com or if you don't want to use the redirect url, you can access it directly from this domain fantasypublishings.com

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

Donations and Investors: 1F6yYdQ7rWVaH9Nqv7gbBw5FbZUuhL9smh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AbsoluteZero

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 09:52:09 PM

People play there to win BTC?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 10:04:59 PM

A widely used method of "investing" advertising / marketing / visitors / hits into websites is an approach known as an "affiliate program". Maybe google it and consider whether it might be a way to get "partners" who will provide what you are looking for in return for compensation computed on the basis of hits, visits, signups, sales, recurring sales or whatever you find most appropriate or easiest to add code for.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 11:03:21 PM

I've been working with Bitcoinadvertising.com and I'm noticing alot of the clicks are coming from China. In light of this, i re-wrote the site in mandarin

Your kidding right?  You didn't think it was suspicious that your English ad is so popular in China.  China where avg wage is a tiny fraction of the US and the purchasing power of a BTC is very high.  So high that someone could make good money just spam clicking on ads all day long.

No?  None of that occured to you.  If you used a custom landing page and some analysis software (google analytics) you likely will find that all these "interested" Chinese visitors view 1 page and spend <30 seconds on the site.
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:35:46 AM

I've been working with Bitcoinadvertising.com and I'm noticing alot of the clicks are coming from China. In light of this, i re-wrote the site in mandarin

Your kidding right?  You didn't think it was suspicious that your English ad is so popular in China.  China where avg wage is a tiny fraction of the US and the purchasing power of a BTC is very high.  So high that someone could make good money just spam clicking on ads all day long.

No?  None of that occured to you.  If you used a custom landing page and some analysis software (google analytics) you likely will find that all these "interested" Chinese visitors view 1 page and spend <30 seconds on the site.

-.-

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:42:40 AM

well that's the idea... but it's still technically in beta. I'm trying to get it off the ground, so you won't really find any opponents yet. and bitcoinadvertising.com is proving to be a disappointment. i'm still working at it though, i think it's a good idea

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:44:18 AM

A widely used method of "investing" advertising / marketing / visitors / hits into websites is an approach known as an "affiliate program". Maybe google it and consider whether it might be a way to get "partners" who will provide what you are looking for in return for compensation computed on the basis of hits, visits, signups, sales, recurring sales or whatever you find most appropriate or easiest to add code for.

-MarkM-

i know that dude, read my sig  Tongue

ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:16:53 PM

interesting concept, do you have a Business Plan???

BlockChain Capital
SMcMorgan

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 03:54:35 AM

well that's the idea... but it's still technically in beta. I'm trying to get it off the ground, so you won't really find any opponents yet. and bitcoinadvertising.com is proving to be a disappointment. i'm still working at it though, i think it's a good idea

What's to stop someone from using a chess bot to choose all of their moves for them, giving them a huge advantage over human players? There are some pretty powerful chess engines that are commercially available, and capable of beating the best players in the world. Not to poke holes in what I think is a pretty awesome idea for a site, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll think of this possibility.
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 10:25:46 AM

I like it, hopefully if it get more popular you can have real time games.
AbsoluteZero

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 07:31:42 PM

What's to stop someone from using a chess bot to choose all of their moves for them, giving them a huge advantage over human players? There are some pretty powerful chess engines that are commercially available, and capable of beating the best players in the world. Not to poke holes in what I think is a pretty awesome idea for a site, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll think of this possibility.

+1

I bet my bot can beat your bot

Grin
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 07:35:05 PM

We need a bot that can run on a large number of GPU's concurrently. Then we will play if prizes are large enough.

-
kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 08:34:45 PM

"Robot Wars" would be nice - who has the best chess bot? Implementing Go would be fine since bots can't beat anyone that knows how to play a bit. Also the rules are simple and at least the non-japanese players are nerdy so they might dig Bitcoin
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 09:42:23 PM

well, sorry to say this, but i've been pretty side-tracked with another project. The site is currently down and i don't know how long it will to fix it. there's a problem with the wallet management api, and i haven't looked into it yet. but as to your concern about the chess "cheating", if you read some of my other posts, you'll see this issue has been "some-what" resolved. What i did is re-programmed the chess engine to modify the movement of a singular piece, the knight. it now moves 3 and 1 instead of 2 and 1. this stops chess engines from working, because they're programmed to work with knights that move 2 and 1, not 3. i think it works pretty good, but it's not perfect. i do like the idea of "bot wars" though, that's acctually what i thought would happen in the first place when i came up with the idea. lol ^^

keep the suggestions coming. this idea has gotten a good respose from the community so far.

and as far as a business plan goes, it's very VERY simple. The affiliate program allows for investors to get a return on their investment, but any other investment capitol will go directly into the advertisement campaign. i use bitcoinadvertising.com because it only advertises on bitcoin related sites, and they're cheap! any more idea though, i'm all ears. kthxbai4now^^

unclemantis

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:17:42 PM

http://www.website-unavailable.com/main?wc=EWJoHhd6Bx9fBhVuBAkE&url=btcchess.com&w=1440&h=809&ifc=0

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: