Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading e-books  (Read 971 times)
divergenta (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 11:36:58 AM

I have a small problem and it's that I can't read e-books on my laptop or my monitor. Well I CAN of course do it if I really need to do it but I often get a little headache or a mushy feeling in my head + tiredness  and I can seldom read more than maybe 30 pages in a row before I get mushy and tired.

Printing out books to paper is out of the question since it would probably cost as much as if I bought the book in a store or online.
So is buying a ipad, becuase of the price.

I want some kind of solution to this problem. What I want is a flat computer "pad" that can read pdf-files, nothing more, nothing less. No wifi or 3g required it would be ideal just to plugin a usb stick and save some pdf-files on the reading pad, just like that.

The Kindle pad seems kind of nice but as I have understood it you have to buy all the books from amazon with it and if that's the case it misses my point which is that I just want to be able to read my pdf-files in a comfortable way.

I guess I'm not the only one having this problem. And I would be very happy and grateful for any advise or suggestions.
The thing is that I would of course want to buy an Ipad or a Android tablet but I don't have the money and therefor I'm looking for a poor mans alternative which is simply built to read e-books.

Does this exist or do I have to modify my old eee 701 to do the job?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuba_10

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:20:31 PM

I have a decent Prestigio Libretto PER5062B. It's not plain, it has WiFi and touchscreen. Got it for about $250. Very good at reading pdf, it can stack the pages one on the top of another. Also includes mp3 player. Not sure though if it's obtainable outside Central Europe and Germany.

EN<->PL, GER->EN, GER->PL TRANSLATIONS? Send a PM, will do it cheaper than others!
If someone gets kind: 1CtV2wKbQGFe1sfVPDYGroGSxehNfd1bHN
BITCOIN-Trader

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 12:24:47 PM

Hi,
I have an iPad, and it's not an option if you're reading that much! After reading 20-25 page on the iPad I also get headache and my eyes start to feel very dry.

I also had an eBook reader, the Sony PRS-505, it was ok as long as you have the ebooks in the .rtf format, because in that case you can zoom if you need to. Reading PDF file was a pain in the ass sometimes, sometimes the text was so small, that I prefered to read it on the PC or print it.

In my opinion the best solution is still pro buy a book or to print the ebook, for me there is still nothing comparable.

-BITCOIN-Trader
printingpressusa

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:07:00 PM

I have a small problem and it's that I can't read e-books on my laptop or my monitor. Well, I CAN, of course, do it if I really need to do it but I often get a little headache or a mushy feeling in my head + tiredness and I can seldom read more than maybe 30 pages in a row before I get mushy and tired.

Printing out books to paper is out of the question since it would probably cost as much as if I bought the book in a store or online.
So is buying an iPad, because of the price.

I want some kind of solution to this problem. What I want is a flat computer "pad" that can read pdf-files, nothing more, nothing less. No wifi or 3g required it would be ideal just to plug in a USB stick and save some pdf-files on the reading pad, just like that.

The Kindle pad seems kind of nice but as I have understood if you have to buy all the books from Amazon with it and if that's the case it misses my point which is that I just want to be able to read my pdf-files in a comfortable way.

I guess I'm not the only one having this problem. And I would be very happy and grateful for any advice or suggestions.
The thing is that I would, of course, want to buy an Ipad or an Android tablet but I don't have the money and therefore I'm looking for a poor man's alternative which is simply built to read e-books.

Does this exist or do I have to modify my old Eee 701 to do the job?

Answer
ok you should upload new updated adobe reader than you can look pdf.
if u want print e books and publishing so join our company sunny print and get 30% to 70% discount

cheap book printing and binding

anazinovjeva

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:44:44 PM

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and it's pretty similar to printed books, more convenient as well. You don't have to buy books from Amazon, you can just download them, convert them with Calibre and transfer to your Kindle via usb or Send-to-Kindle thing using e-mail. But reading pdf on e-books is a pain. If what you are reading is fiction then you can just convert it to mobi and read it on kindle, but it would be better to buy a cheap tablet for technical literature with pictures and stuff that you have to zoom in to see often.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: