Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 10:26:18 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lendmecoin.com Released!! Now in Beta testing!  (Read 1301 times)
bombartier357

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 02:28:59 AM

Just an oversight.  I will fix it now, but I am using sha1 encryption for password storage.

use bcrypt it is the only hashing function I would use (it is impossible to have enough computer power to crack if used correctly), also you need at least a password salt something random. Get rid of the facebook stuff, there is so many other ways to do it person verification.

What do you recommend for person verification?

you can always do text verification, like send a text with a random string, and have that be able to be entered on the site. you can do something where they have to spend a certain amount of time on the site before making a transaction. Have people enter in their bitcoin username and you send them a pm and have them pm you back. I mean just think there are a lot of ways

That is certainly an idea.  The facebook thing actually has nothing to do with facebook.  If you are logged into facebook it automatically fills in the data for you.  That is the only relation between the two.  Is that a problem?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 02:35:07 AM

your going to sit there and be like the only relation is that it autofills in your facebook info, IT IS FACEBOOK they want users like me who will never get a facebook js you know facebook sees the data.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
bombartier357

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 02:40:15 AM

your going to sit there and be like the only relation is that it autofills in your facebook info, IT IS FACEBOOK they want users like me who will never get a facebook js you know facebook sees the data.

Well yeah Facebook sees it.  I wanted something user friendly and familiar to people.  If it is such a huge problem I can change it to a different verification system...

Does anyone else feel the same way?  Or is this an isolated incident?  I really do appreciate the feedback Gweedo, this is exactly what I need.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 700

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 02:47:32 AM

I dont sign in to my bank using facebook connect  Smiley

bombartier357

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 03:04:47 AM

Alright, I will switch it off facebook this weekend.  I work a lot so I should have it done by the end of the week.
unclemantis

Activity: 98

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:39:51 AM

Alright, I will switch it off facebook this weekend.  I work a lot so I should have it done by the end of the week.

I got your PM and I replied.

I am currently unemployed so I have more time than most. I do get contract jobs here and there and I am trying to get a stable 9to5 job but for now I got some time to put into your project.

Let me know.

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.