Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:15:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Exchanges With Finite Open Time & a Finite Closing Time  (Read 544 times)
stellar1 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:01:56 PM

Hi Everyone

Please let me know if there are any BTC exchanges with a finite opening time and a finite closing time as almost all exchanges in the fiat economy do. Even the forex exchanges close down for the weekend. But at least the largest BTC exchanges I have looked at are stated to be 24x7x365.

Please list all BTC exchanges that have a well defined trading session; whether for 23 hours a day or 5 days a week.

I am also interested to know the holidays list of these exchanges.

Thanks for your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abstream

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:45:50 PM

Hi Everyone

Please let me know if there are any BTC exchanges with a finite opening time and a finite closing time as almost all exchanges in the fiat economy do. Even the forex exchanges close down for the weekend. But at least the largest BTC exchanges I have looked at are stated to be 24x7x365.

Please list all BTC exchanges that have a well defined trading session; whether for 23 hours a day or 5 days a week.

Thanks for your help.

Usually you would be looking at forex platforms that started to accept bitcoin, e.g

http://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/range-of-markets/bitcoin - 24hours/day but 5 days/week

I have not checked those, but anything that have 20+ fiat currency shall close at some point:
https://www.instaforex.com/bitcoin_trading.php

also, look for metatrader forex platform - i think the latest version is integrated with bitcoin(btc-e) and it shall have finite working time(just guessing)
stellar1 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:26:35 AM

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your help.

Usually you would be looking at forex platforms that started to accept bitcoin, e.g

http://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/range-of-markets/bitcoin - 24hours/day but 5 days/week

I have not checked those, but anything that have 20+ fiat currency shall close at some point:
https://www.instaforex.com/bitcoin_trading.php

also, look for metatrader forex platform - i think the latest version is integrated with bitcoin(btc-e) and it shall have finite working time(just guessing)

Thanks for the info. Yes forex exchanges accepting altcoin are an alternative. But apart from the top 2 forex platforms most are market makers & kerbside exchanges. I am no buyer of cheap Chinese stuff but BTC China is wonderful just because of its volume. I think there is another Chinese exchange doing very well. Except for the 24x7x365 feature.

Are there any high volume exchanges with a well defined opening time & closing time ?

Something running 24x7x365 except maintenance downtime is impossible for my trading system to handle, and I guess it should be for most probability based mathematical models out there. The only systems that would probably work are charts based and to repeat my favorite phrase : a chart is always made after the last tick has arrived; a probability model usually stays a few steps ahead.

Thanks
Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:29:21 AM

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your help.
Most of exchange run for 24x7x365.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: