Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Damn trading bots  (Read 1552 times)
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:16:05 PM

I put in a single buy order on bitstamp and got flooded with micro-transactions. This is what happens when there are no temporary trading fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:41:46 PM

Bots don't necessarily make the market any less efficient though. Albeit a bit of a pain to easily analyze whats going on with all the random transactions.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:56:18 AM

Wow, look at how high the price was.  Think we'll ever see that again?

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:59:03 AM

Bots don't necessarily make the market any less efficient though. Albeit a bit of a pain to easily analyze whats going on with all the random transactions.

True enough but it does tend to create a lot of bloat
Just a bunch of the same order at tiny amounts filling the orderbook and what not

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:04:09 AM

Wow, look at how high the price was.  Think we'll ever see that again?

I don't get your comment. The price right now is only about $10 away from the buy price. The price he bought at doesn't seem high compared to the current price at all!?

Just a bunch of the same order at tiny amounts filling the orderbook and what not

It would be nice if they could collapse all those tiny payments to an aggregate for the actual buy order. Just, you know, in case you don't want to see all that bloat but do want to see your buy order.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:07:18 AM

It would be nice if they could collapse all those tiny payments to an aggregate for the actual buy order. Just, you know, in case you don't want to see all that bloat but do want to see your buy order.

That would make a lot of sense they can put the order internally in their systems and have all those tiny amounts sum up into one larger amount
Example 1 BTC total would consist of all those 0.02's added together so people can see the real orderbook set at a different price.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 08:36:54 AM

Yes, it's so hard to track your own trading when it's bloated with these transactions. They need to have options to display single trades you execute as an average rate, and sum of fiat and BTC.

No trading fee on bitstamp is only good for 1 more day.

BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:23:13 PM

I've played with a micro roll bot in php; basically it makes orders on both sides looking for small profits per trade. It's not good when the market is moving too quickly, but does well when there's a trend with less extreme fluctuations.
darkmind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:07:29 PM

I've played with a micro roll bot in php; basically it makes orders on both sides looking for small profits per trade. It's not good when the market is moving too quickly, but does well when there's a trend with less extreme fluctuations.

I made some bots in the past but got to the point that bots suck to make profit. bots are only useful for doing mass buys and mass sells, thats the only useful thing I think they offer

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:47:37 PM

I'm not sure if it is just 1 person or a group running these bots.

But these $5 $6 orders have been popping up and filling the orderbook for quite some time now.

Has not much to do with having zero fee's at the moment, they have been there also in 2014.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:22:49 PM

I'm not sure if it is just 1 person or a group running these bots.

But these $5 $6 orders have been popping up and filling the orderbook for quite some time now.

Has not much to do with having zero fee's at the moment, they have been there also in 2014.

It's most likely to be one person and if there is no trading fees at the time, more people will hope on the bot train.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2142
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:03:02 AM

I check the time when this thread posted repeatedly, finally I understand the meaning

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 06:31:54 AM

I check the time when this thread posted repeatedly, finally I understand the meaning

In early January, Bitstamp lost 18,000 BTC, so they shut everything down for a couple days. When they went back online, they offered no trading fees for a while as an incentive to use their site again. No trading fees means you or a bot can take advantage of micro movements in the rates, hence more prone to a flood of micro transactions.

That's what prompted me to post the thread. Their fee structure is back again at this time. If you want no trading fees, look into btchina.

Gebbit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 08:14:06 AM

you might try gebbit.com there are no annoying bots there and the spread is tiny. The only bot which is allowed to operate has a deal with the site and must maintain a small spread. Also limit orders are not charged a fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: