Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:16:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies  (Read 563876 times)
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:41:53 PM

The premine is a real killer here. Technically it may be 0.5%, but after a month it is still nearly 10%. It would be completely insane to buy that coin once it hits an exchange.

EMC2 has some kind of mining tax. I wonder why it isnt possible to have a really tiny premine and then add this kind of tax. I am not familliar with the details, but it cant be that comlicated, can it?

I like that tax idea better than an initial bulk premine as well.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tobler (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 111

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 12:17:42 AM

any info on aprox launch time?

I doubt it will be out anytime this week. They are switching algos. If they can do that in less than a week, I would be impressed.

Yes it will take time to switch algos and test. We will launch as soon as we're ready (no ninja, you will have some time if you want to mine at launch). I expect less than a week, that way fartbags will be impressed  Grin.

Update will be posted on this thread.

GeoCoin - Bringing GIS Technologies to the blockchain!
Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 12:27:51 AM

The premine is a real killer here. Technically it may be 0.5%, but after a month it is still nearly 10%. It would be completely insane to buy that coin once it hits an exchange.

EMC2 has some kind of mining tax. I wonder why it isnt possible to have a really tiny premine and then add this kind of tax. I am not familliar with the details, but it cant be that comlicated, can it?

We had to do it so our developers can be paid a little for a lot of work. It is really good for the developers to have some coins because they will work really hard to make those coins valuable. After only 1 month 90% of the coins will be distributed through qubit mining which should allow for a nice distribution. Our vision is long term, many years. I don't really like the idea of taxing people to mine the coin, although I think it would be a suitable solution. If you are uncomfortable with it, wait until you see what we are using the premine for (our developments) before investing or mining.

Thanks

kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:42:26 AM

@Dev, when you decide on a launch time, please PM me
timedelay

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:58:51 AM

DEV,to gain trust ,you'd better get every feature done when you get the premined coin.
Agree ?
weifa

Activity: 776
Merit: 308

GeoCoin Developer - GIS Technologist

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:36:34 AM

It's nice to see a dev that is open to the communities suggestions!! Good choice on switching algos to Qubit, look forward to the upcoming launch.  Grin
deemington

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:39:57 AM

+1 for Qubit  Smiley

Nvidia ftw

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:46:55 AM

Qubit is a good rare algo.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=688311.0 << CDT has been a great coin for me to mine over the past 4 months. CDT is Qubit and has never been abused by anyone.
I bought Trees valued at $4,500 USD with my CDT and have received a certificate from the farmer declaring my ownership.

I wish all coins could work out as good as CDT. Qubit is an excellent choice to switch to.

I hope this coin works out and doesn't get abused by big investors/miners.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:40:00 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=688311.0 << CDT has been a great coin for me to mine over the past 4 months. CDT is Qubit and has never been abused by anyone.
I bought Trees valued at $4,500 USD with my CDT and have received a certificate from the farmer declaring my ownership.

I wish all coins could work out as good as CDT. Qubit is an excellent choice to switch to.

What exactly is Qubit algo? Could someone help me out with where you might be able to rent rigs for this algo or if not what type of miner I need to have set up and where to find out how to set one up, I would really appreciate that Smiley Thanks Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

jamo4000

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 07:49:27 AM

What exactly is Qubit algo? Could someone help me out with where you might be able to rent rigs for this algo or if not what type of miner I need to have set up and where to find out how to set one up, I would really appreciate that Smiley Thanks Wink

+1

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
zukko

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:14:07 AM

So its time to launch.
And where is the wallet ?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 09:49:17 AM

Hey Noob Smiley

Qubit is a "old" algo. Its a bit neglected but was quite well established and several coins (CDT, Myriad, Unitus) have been supporting it.

Qubit is probably the fairest algo for home-miners as there are currently no rentals available for Qubit nor do I know of any kind of FPGA or "special kernels" supporting it.

I have had already several Qubit pools up, if you wanna try things out you can have a look at Suprnova's CDT pool for example, it will use the same settings as GEO will when it launches so your settings will be compatible.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
mellon
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1002

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:22:48 AM

+1 Qubit algo - nice choice Dev))) Wink

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
.steepcoinproject@gmail.com.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:28:31 AM

Hey Noob Smiley

Qubit is a "old" algo. Its a bit neglected but was quite well established and several coins (CDT, Myriad, Unitus) have been supporting it.

Qubit is probably the fairest algo for home-miners as there are currently no rentals available for Qubit nor do I know of any kind of FPGA or "special kernels" supporting it.

I have had already several Qubit pools up, if you wanna try things out you can have a look at Suprnova's CDT pool for example, it will use the same settings as GEO will when it launches so your settings will be compatible.
Sweet thanks bro I'll check that out and probably see you there Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:31:53 AM

+1 Qubit algo - nice choice Dev))) Wink

Yes, I like it too !
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:41:55 AM

So. Launchtimer update ? Smiley
crush

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:50:38 PM

Hey Noob Smiley

Qubit is something like the grandfather of chained algos. X11 was developed from it for example. Good algo.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
anhpt192

Activity: 628

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:39:17 PM

dev, is this coin launched ontime?
any pool announced yet?
Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 05:40:24 PM

We will post all the mining information here before launch. It is straight forward.

Tobler (OP)

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 05:49:03 PM

dev, is this coin launched ontime?
any pool announced yet?

No, we delayed launch to switch to the rare and fair Qubit mining algorithm. We will launch within a few days, update will be posted here.

Thankfully, ocminer has announced he will be supporting this coin with his pool.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: