Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:20:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WorldWideBTC scammer  (Read 1153 times)
RockMinerOops (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:48:48 AM

Sent WorldwideBTC 550.00 BoA transfer.

He claimed for days that is was not cleared, whn I know it was cleared that same day.  Refuses to pay.

Stay away.  I will be filing a report through my wife's office, if he slipped in any way, he will be caught.  If not, good scam asshole.

Ref:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919127.new#new
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:51:18 AM

He claimed for days that is was not cleared, whn I know it was cleared that same day.  Refuses to pay.

Stay away.  I will be filing a report through my wife's office, if he slipped in any way, he will be caught.  If not, good scam asshole.

Ref:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919127.new#new

I REALLY want you to prove that I'm the controller of that account, and that the controller of that account and the person who uses this forum account are the same.

No, really. I really want you to do that beyond reasonable doubt.

Also, I don't owe you anything. You keep asking me to "pay you". Pay you what? What have you done for me that warrants payment?
RockMinerOops (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:55:17 AM

So, you didnt PM me a bank account and info to send $550.00 to?
RockMinerOops (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:56:44 AM

http://gyazo.com/b60476a1a631dbd2ee298f08f2b67f41
RockMinerOops (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:58:54 AM

Guess you didn't confirm receipt either...oh wait, you did.

http://gyazo.com/83c8d7ebc09707d7c62f27d30ce84608

And just as a heads up....although Theymos won't give out users IP's to random requests, he will for a police or court order, his own words.  He can expect that request shortly.
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:59:52 AM

So, you didnt PM me a bank account and info to send $550.00 to?

You didn't address what I had said.

I REALLY want you to prove that I'm the controller of that account, and that the controller of that account and the person who uses this forum account are the same.

SOMEONE sends you SOME info and you send money to it. How is that my problem? Can you prove that the owner of that account and the person who PMed you are the same person? I dunno. Lots of roommates around. Might have left a browser window open at the library (while I was teaching blind children to read). Could have muttered out login details in my sleep with a hooker. You never know!

Also, let's say you send money to an account, hypothetically. Prove that you never received bitcoins.

I'm DYING to see this.

See, around here it works like this - You say "HEY I NEVER RECEIVED THE COINS", then people say "Hey you. Prove you sent those coins or you're a scammer!"

In the REAL WORLD, you say "HEY, I NEVER RECEIVED THOSE COINS", then the legal system says "...He's innocent until you prove otherwise.".

Prove that...

1: The person who was in contact with you is me.

2: The account belongs to me.

3: The entire situation was set up and executed by me (As a human being and US citizen, not as an internet persona).

4: You received nothing in return for your money.

If you can do any of those things, I'll mail you a wad of bills.
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:00:12 AM

He's asking you to prove that he is the same person who is attached to that bank account. That is essentially impossible for you to prove without a security mistake on WorldWideBTC's part.

Take your ego out of the situation and make the right decision.

WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:00:35 AM

And just as a heads up....although Theymos won't give out users IP's to random requests, he will for a police or court order, his own words.  He can expect that request shortly.

Who is that? WHO IS THAT PERSON SENDING YOU THE PM?

Is it me? What's happening here! I've been hornswoggled. Bamboozled. This is villainy, I say!
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:01:40 AM

And just as a heads up....although Theymos won't give out users IP's to random requests, he will for a police or court order, his own words.  He can expect that request shortly.

Yeah, I want to see you link an IP to 1 out of 4 or more people who share a living area. I want to see that happen. Frankly, the mailman could have sent you that PM.
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:10:39 AM

I'm not even interested in running this guy into the ground any more. I want to see how someone from MO is going to use his DA wife to pursue something across half the country to "catch" an anonymous username which is associated with a location rather than an entity.

I mean.. Do you think this is my first time at bat, sir? You sent money to someone's bank account "for bitcoins". As far as I know, you got your coins. Prove that you DIDN'T RECEIVE SOMETHING. XD

Welcome to anonymous cryptocurrency. Although since it's just you complaining, I'm not going to get as much of a kick out of this as I did last time I graced this section of the forums.
RockMinerOops (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:13:28 AM

Yeah, I want to see you link an IP to 1 out of 4 or more people who share a living area. I want to see that happen. Frankly, the mailman could have sent you that PM.
I like how you think you know the law so well....truth is, you make some valid points, but not all.

When the IP matches, they may not get you....but they will get the owner of that IP, so maybe your grandmother will get arrested.

You are scum...feel good about yourself?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:22:56 AM

I'm not even interested in running this guy into the ground any more. I want to see how someone from MO is going to use his DA wife to pursue something across half the country to "catch" an anonymous username which is associated with a location rather than an entity.

I mean.. Do you think this is my first time at bat, sir? You sent money to someone's bank account "for bitcoins". As far as I know, you got your coins. Prove that you DIDN'T RECEIVE SOMETHING. XD

Welcome to anonymous cryptocurrency. Although since it's just you complaining, I'm not going to get as much of a kick out of this as I did last time I graced this section of the forums.
You don't need to get anyone where the OP lives involved. All he needs to do is contact the local police who would start an investigation into the bank account you told him to deposit funds into. Once that happens your identity will quickly be determined and by your own posts on here you are blatantly admitting to have no intention of giving the OP the bitcoin you sold him. This should be an open and shut case
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:27:11 AM

And just as a heads up....although Theymos won't give out users IP's to random requests, he will for a police or court order, his own words.  He can expect that request shortly.

I like how you think you know the law so well....truth is, you make some valid points, but not all.

When the IP matches, they may not get you....but they will get the owner of that IP, so maybe your grandmother will get arrested.

You are scum...feel good about yourself?

Except you're wrong. See, there wasn't a cyber crime committed from this IP. You can't prove otherwise.

If my grandmother (All of whom are deceased, but I digress) was the account holder of this IP, it wouldn't matter. What would she be charged with? Lmao.

You legal beagles. You think you got it all sorted, then someone shits on your parade. There is no IP problem here. There is a burden of proof problem. Prove that you NEVER RECEIVED BITCOINS from whomever you sent funds to. You cannot do that. Welcome to crypto.

Let me tell you a little story. Once upon a time there was this guy. He scammed users out of about ~27 BTC. Some of those coins were recovered, but overall, he got away with a decent chunk of change. They had his identity. They had his IP. They had his PHYSICAL LOCATION.

HIS PHYSICAL LOCATION.

Do you know what happened? Wailing. Gnashing of teeth. Sadness. Fury. Nothing.

Nothing but a lot of "heavyweight" BTC businessmen balling their fists and shaking them at the computer screen. Nothing but words, threats, and a lot of annoying (and confusing) phone calls to various legal entities.

Meanwhile the guy moved across the country and went about his business.

If something unfortunate happened to you -that sucks. Get over it. You send funds to anonymous people on the internet for "bitcoins" (which aren't even a fucking thing), you take risks. Welcome to ANONYMOUS CRYPTO CURRENCY.

You don't need to get anyone where the OP lives involved. All he needs to do is contact the local police who would start an investigation into the bank account you told him to deposit funds into. Once that happens your identity will quickly be determined and by your own posts on here you are blatantly admitting to have no intention of giving the OP the bitcoin you sold him. This should be an open and shut case

No. Just no.

No one is going to start an investigation into a bank account receiving funds, because nothing illegitimate happened during the fund transfer.

No one is admitting ANYTHING. Smiley We're all talking hypothetically here, folks.

One thing is certain - the burden of proof isn't on ME (or whomever) to show that they DID send bitcoins. The burden of proof is on the VICTIM to prove that they never received goods. As Bitcoins are untraceable to an IP, and a digital good that has no static owner....

....You get the point.

As far as I'm concerned, you got your bitcoins. Prove that you didn't.
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:30:50 AM

The truly hilarious thing is that people's accounts get hacked.

Let me spell that out.

PEOPLE. ON THIS FORUM. ILLEGALLY. ACCESS. ACCOUNTS.

And yet the FBI isn't hauling people off? Hmm...

People run away with <$4,000 worth of Bitcoins in group buys that are scams. They run ponzis (WHICH ARE FUCKING ILLEGAL) and run off with the money. Let's not even talk about TradeFortress.

...These people are never prosecuted. Bitcoins aren't something you can chase down. There is no paper trail. There cannot be a theft. You simply are over your head, here.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:34:24 AM

Let me spell that out.

People run away with <$4,000 worth of Bitcoins in group buys that are scams. They run ponzis (WHICH ARE FUCKING ILLEGAL) and run off with the money. Let's not even talk about TradeFortress.

...These people are never prosecuted. Bitcoins aren't something you can chase down. There is no paper trail. There cannot be a theft. You simply are over your head, here.
You are acting a lot like segvec acted when he was caught scaring 14+ btc from SellingHBOgo. Do you happen to be his alt?
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:35:34 AM

Let me spell that out.

You are acting a lot like segvec acted when he was caught scaring 14+ btc from SellingHBOgo. Do you happen to be his alt?

No. I'm an older name than that. Truth be told, I wasn't really around/paying attention for that drama. I think I read some red trust about it, but I don't know the details.

Message the people who he has obviously traded with in the past. I see that Maidak sold him BTC for moneygram, see if he still has the name he sent to, if possible. This can be a clear cut case, but will need some effort. At the very least, you can show bank of america the fraud and they can get involved and at the minimum shut down his account and possibly recover the funds for you.

What fraud? Prove there was fraud.

That's the center of my point - there is no evidence of fraud. You can't SHOW BoA anything, because it's not there. What're you going to do? Say "HE NEVER SENT MAH BITCOINZ". Then you get a blank stare.

Or at the very least, they'll say "Okay. Give us evidence that you never received the bitcoins". Please do so.

If you can PROVE TO ME that you never received any bitcoins, I'll send you $600 in the mail.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:39:02 AM

One thing is certain - the burden of proof isn't on ME (or whomever) to show that they DID send bitcoins. The burden of proof is on the VICTIM to prove that they never received goods. As Bitcoins are untraceable to an IP, and a digital good that has no static owner....

....You get the point.

He has proved that he sent you a specific address to send the bitcoin to. Unless there is a transaction confirmed by the network for the amount of bitcoin that you owe him to the address he gave you then he has proven that you did not give him the bitcoin as agreed.
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:39:33 AM

Actually, I kind of want to call my bank (hypothetically) and tell him that some scammer is threatening to contact them about something called "bitecoins" or some such voodoo. Whatever you kids are into now adays.

Me? I'm just a humble web developer who accepts bank transfers for work. Who sells everyday goods at reasonable prices. I think I might have sold that "Rock" guy a laptop or something.

...Maybe it was an amazon gift card. An electronic one. Hm. I don't recall.
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:39:56 AM

He claimed for days that is was not cleared, whn I know it was cleared that same day.  Refuses to pay.

Stay away.  I will be filing a report through my wife's office, if he slipped in any way, he will be caught.  If not, good scam asshole.

Ref:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919127.new#new
Message the people who he has obviously traded with in the past. I see that Maidak sold him BTC for moneygram, see if he still has the name he sent to, if possible. This can be a clear cut case, but will need some effort. At the very least, you can show bank of america the fraud and they can get involved and at the minimum shut down his account and possibly recover the funds for you.

Now I realize who WorldWide BTC is...he rang a bell by the way he acted in this thread. Here is who he is. Garrott Gardner. Scammed for a lot back in 2013. Heres the link to the thread, there are more if you do some digging. I believe someone sent him some of the BTC he scammed to sell and the seller pulled a "robin hood" and instead of sending the scammer $ he sent the BTC back to the scammer's victims. He even mentions himself in this thread because Garrott moved across country with his scam and was not touched unfortunately. Its the same guy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229612.0;all

His name is Garrott Gardner. He has scammed before. See above.

Here is the profile of his old BTC account (probably one of many) that he has used to scam successfully. See his posts for the same arrogant "I'm invincible attitude" and last name Gardner:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=120425

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
WorldWideBTC

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:40:09 AM

....You get the point.

He has proved that he sent you a specific address to send the bitcoin to. Unless there is a transaction confirmed by the network for the amount of bitcoin that you owe him to the address he gave you then he has proven that you did not give him the bitcoin as agreed.

He could have sent me anything. That address could be invalid. I barely know what a "botchcoin" is, or whatever you call it. XD
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: