Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:09:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Empty lines at the end of post  (Read 770 times)
pozmu (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:38:26 PM

Somehow I often create posts with many empty lines at the and of the post.
On the most forums/ comments etc they'll be truncated, with only one/ left.
Not here.
Just look at this post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:39:07 AM

You have your post in quotes, sometimes multiple line spacing is necessary as well so why would it be "truncated" by default?

ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:51:40 AM

You have your post in quotes, sometimes multiple line spacing is necessary as well so why would it be "truncated" by default?

Leading / trailing whitespace could be truncated because it's not spacing anything... Whitespace anywhere else could be functional.

Either way, it seems 99.9% percent of the members do not add useless leading / trailing whitespace to posts so I'd say it's a non issue.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 01:29:15 AM

It should be truncated, possibly except for one or two lines at the end of a post by default. Otherwise it is very difficult to read a thread as you would be spending a lot of time scrolling past literally nothing

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:09:06 AM

It should be truncated, possibly except for one or two lines at the end of a post by default. Otherwise it is very difficult to read a thread as you would be spending a lot of time scrolling past literally nothing

While I agree that it would be a pain in the arse to scroll past nothing I have seen no one with the problem OP describes since 12/2013.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:17:13 AM

While I agree that it would be a pain in the arse to scroll past nothing I have seen no one with the problem OP describes since 12/2013.
I haven't seen that many lines of empty text at the bottom of posts, however I routinely see 3-4+ lines of empty text at the bottom of posts

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:19:41 AM

I haven't seen that many lines of empty text at the bottom of posts, however I routinely see 3-4+ lines of empty text at the bottom of posts

i have already noted this behaviour...
and it is not a problem...
are just 3 or 4 lines...

the post with 50 or 100 lines and more, it is really a problem...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

It shouldn't be truncated by default. Report annoying posts with empty lines.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 09:39:45 AM

Like others told, it isn't a big problem and shouldn't be truncated by default. It is needed especially when quoting but if the user who quotes doesn't like it, he/she can remove it.

Any user(s) got banned or did he/she/they left?

It shouldn't be truncated by default. Report annoying posts with empty lines.

That is better!

~~MZ~~

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: