Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: error wallet.dat corrupt i think  (Read 1747 times)
Giany82 (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:55:49 AM

my bitcoin core client do not want to open .. i had this error http://uploadpie.com/tH1KR
i dont want lose my bitcoin .. i'm sure its wallet.dat problem because if i move the wallet.dat in another directory client start without errors and create new wallet.dat .. but if i move back old wallet.dat in bitcoindirectory the error appear again , what can i do ?
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:03:38 AM

my bitcoin core client do not want to open .. i had this error http://uploadpie.com/tH1KR
i dont want lose my bitcoin .. i'm sure its wallet.dat problem because if i move the wallet.dat in another directory client start without errors and create new wallet.dat .. but if i move back old wallet.dat in bitcoindirectory the error appear again , what can i do ?

Restore wallet.dat from backup. Do you have backup?
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:13:16 AM

Try pywallet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0
Giany82 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Restore wallet.dat from backup. Do you have backup?

i have not a backup .. please do not say i'm fucked ?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 09:38:28 AM

-snip-

Chill. We dont know yet.

You could try pywallet (as posted above) or run it with -salvagewallet which will try to recover the private keys.

[1] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Giany82 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:44:23 AM

-snip-

Chill. We dont know yet.

You could try pywallet (as posted above) or run it with -salvagewallet which will try to recover the private keys.

[1] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin

sorry what's salvagewallet ?
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:46:47 AM

I know it is a tad late, but you really should have a back up of your wallet.dat and may be even have your coins spread out between two different clients.

Don't panic and try to recover your wallet.dat with pywallet first. It usually works.

-salvagewallet is a parameter you type when you start pywallet.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
Giany82 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:57:50 AM

I know it is a tad late, but you really should have a back up of your wallet.dat and may be even have your coins spread out between two different clients.

Don't panic and try to recover your wallet.dat with pywallet first. It usually works.

-salvagewallet is a parameter you type when you start pywallet.

ok but i dont understand how work py wallet .. i dowland python 2,7  and after  i dowlanded pywallet now what i have to do for try restore wallet.dat ?
SargeR33

Activity: 112

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:36:36 PM

For clarification, what could he have done wrong here? Why would the file become corrupt? I made a backup of my wallet.dat to multiple locations and from what I was aware all you need to do is replace the old file with the backed up one. Are there any in between steps? Or is it a copy paste into directory and the file is restored?

For extra backup though, I exported my private keys to an encrypted file on cold storage.

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:48:49 PM

For clarification, what could he have done wrong here? Why would the file become corrupt? I made a backup of my wallet.dat to multiple locations and from what I was aware all you need to do is replace the old file with the backed up one. Are there any in between steps? Or is it a copy paste into directory and the file is restored?

For extra backup though, I exported my private keys to an encrypted file on cold storage.

it is simply copy and paste but alot of people never make the backups or backups are to old.

SargeR33

Activity: 112

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:59:22 PM

it is simply copy and paste but alot of people never make the backups or backups are to old.

I was under the impression that you essentially need one backup and the only time you need a new backup is if you add a new address. I make multiple backups(4 USB, 4 cold HDD) but haven't made a recent update since my addresses have not been added to in over a month.

amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:40:06 PM

and the only time you need a new backup is if you add a new address.
No. You must backup after you add 100 addresses, not one.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:43:32 PM

and the only time you need a new backup is if you add a new address.
No. You must backup after you add 100 addresses, not one.

That does depend upon whether you change the setting for the address pool size but 100 is the default (as most users are probably not even aware about when new addresses are used they are probably best advised to back up at least once every 100 txs).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Giany82 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 06:10:54 PM

thanks all for support i don't solve the problem for now .. i don't know if i did something wrong but the error its appear without a reason i think , i  used for around 7months bit core without problems this is the first time when have problems .. please how can i use pywallet for try to recover private keys from corrupt wallet.dat ?
Giany82 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:30:00 PM

yes i did !! now my problem are gone
fastBeast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:34:48 PM

i read "can not create DB cursor"...

but are you sure who the problem is in wallet.dat?

you can try to delete blockchain and resync.

maybe error could be in %appData%\Roaming\Bitcoin\blocks

or better...
you can backup your walet.dat
uninstall wallet-QT
Reinstall walle-QT
replace wallet.dat with your backup
Resync...

anl see what appen!!!

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

fastBeast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:36:51 PM

yes i did !! now my problem are gone

ehehehe
we are writing at the same time!!!

how do you solve your problem??

I'm curious to know what was the problem!!!

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Giany82 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

in the last blocks my wallet was corrupt do not know why .. but i read  transaction in conflict or something like this so i dont know what happen  ..  for solve i just delete all blockchain so the client start dowland from start ,and i put the corrupt wallet in the folder of bit core and magically it open without errors with 0 credit , but in wallet.dat are recorded all transiction so i just got from debug all privatekeys and i imported to blockchain .. now i think it work good again .. but i dont know what was the problem .. but i was sure the wallet was the problem because with fresh wallet the problem disappear .

sudo apt-get

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:42:05 AM

I just compiled bitcoin core on ubuntu, where exactly is my wallet.dat file that i would like to back up....i cant find it
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

I just compiled bitcoin core on ubuntu, where exactly is my wallet.dat file that i would like to back up....i cant find it

You can back it up from within the program or find it here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
sudo apt-get

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:32:05 PM

i actually want to see the .dat file. i went to the ling you sent and it told me to use this command
find / -name wallet.dat -print 2>/dev/null
i got the response
bash: /dev/nul: Permission denied
.....?........any ideas
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:50:22 PM

i actually want to see the .dat file. i went to the ling you sent and it told me to use this command
find / -name wallet.dat -print 2>/dev/null
i got the response
bash: /dev/nul: Permission denied
.....?........any ideas

Did you enter that command as root? Otherwise prepend "sudo".

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: