Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with BitInstant [RESOLVED]  (Read 3865 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 01:48:49 PM

Same problem - AGAIN.

I'd like to use these guys more but every time I give them a shot they just screw up my arbitrage.

Thats not fair, our system works 99.9% of the time and we use 7 different API's of all the exchanges. When one fails, we have to fix it for the exchange and of course, you blame us.

Sorry. I have no idea how it works on your end. I just see that my money is stuck with you guys, and no one is on chat or on the phone. I don't even want to move the funds now, since the opportunity is gone.

No one is on chat or phone because it's 6am. Did you send us an email? Our support staff responds within 60 minutes always.

Ah..I thought you guys were EST, not PST.

We are, I'm in California right now and our office is closed on weekend so I'm manning support until Sunday.

Send us an email with your Order ID, will resolve it.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 02:21:14 PM

sent...

I'm grumpy!!
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 02:58:16 PM

still waiting as the price goes up.

I'm grumpy!!
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:35:02 PM

Charlie...am I ever going to get my money?

I'm grumpy!!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 03:43:36 PM

Are you sending to the right email? All emails are orders have been processed at this point.

Send me a PM with your Order ID or an email to me directly.

There is no need to tripple post btw, I see your messages.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:50:20 PM

Are you sending to the right email? All emails are orders have been processed at this point.

I got a reply of "no problem" from you, but no money was ever sent. You have the order ID, and on the status page it still just says "Order Execution Failed". Nothing seems to have been done.

Is this going to happen when I send large amounts of $$?

If I had $1000 tied up while the price jumped 30 cents on BTCe would you send the extra funds to reimburse my loss?

I'm grumpy!!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 03:52:48 PM

I got a reply of "no problem" from you, but no money was ever sent. You have the order ID, and on the status page it still just says "Order Execution Failed". Nothing seems to have been done.

If I had $1000 tied up while the price jumped 30 cents on BTCe would you send the extra funds to reimburse my loss?

BTC-E API is down right now, and our reserve is low.

I emailed you a refund: Your order is in the que, however since you wanted a refund I cancelled it.

Thanks

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:59:07 PM

I emailed you a refund: Your order is in the que, however since you wanted a refund I cancelled it.

Thanks

The only email I got from you said "No problem", and nothing else. Am I missing something??

I'm grumpy!!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 04:04:17 PM

Thanks

The only email I got from you said "No problem", and nothing else. Am I missing something??

I sent you an email to the @excite.com email address with a MtGox refund about 20 minutes ago.

Please check it, thanks

-Charlie

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 04:09:53 PM

Thanks

I sent you an email to the @excite.com email address with a MtGox refund about 20 minutes ago.

Please check it, thanks

-Charlie

I finally got it, and the email shows it received at 11:58 EST. I think you guys need other ways to make sure this doesn't happen. This is now the SECOND time I have had an arbitrage opportunity ruined by you guys and this time it has cost me as well.

I'm grumpy!!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 04:15:16 PM

Thanks

Please check it, thanks

-Charlie

I finally got it, and the email shows it received at 11:58 EST. I think you guys need other ways to make sure this doesn't happen. This is now the SECOND time I have had an arbitrage opportunity ruined by you guys and this time it has cost me as well.

It's very difficult to predict upsurges in arbitrage traffic. When we have 50k in an exchange and all of a sudden we get 70k in orders on a Saturday when the owners are in Russia and are sleep while banks are closed, what do you want us to do?

We put the orders in a que, and process them as soon as you can.

Being a customer of ours, I had thought you would wait for our support to respond before making a thread. Threads like this really hurt us in the long run and I am personally insulted you would do this, after I personally met you.

I ask you change the title of the thread to reflect it.

Thanks

Charlie

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 04:25:41 PM

It's very difficult to predict upsurges in arbitrage traffic. When we have 50k in an exchange and all of a sudden we get 70k in orders on a Saturday when the owners are in Russia and are sleep while banks are closed, what do you want us to do?

We put the orders in a que, and process them as soon as you can.

Being a customer of ours, I had thought you would wait for our support to respond before making a thread. Threads like this really hurt us in the long run and I am personally insulted you would do this, after I personally met you.

I ask you change the title of the thread to reflect it.

Thanks

Charlie

I don't think I've ever met you. As far as waiting for support - no one is ever on the chat OR phone but you DO seem to respond to posts on here. So if you don't want threads about this - stay as aware of your support chat as you are of this forum.

You know what hurts in the long run? Having your money tied up while the price of BTC is going up.

I don't know how your system works so I can't give you any solid advice, but it would help if there was at least some way of getting an automatic IMMEDIATE refund if the order doesn't go through.

I'm grumpy!!
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 02:03:53 AM

You know what hurts in the long run? Having your money tied up while the price of BTC is going up.
lost arbitrage profit blah blah

Oh come on, man.  We are all in the same boat here.

I think it's unreasonable to keep implying that the other party is responsible for the profit you *could* have made with the money that was being transferred. Charlie's amazingly polite but if I was the service and I saw that line of argument, I would just say: "Please feel free to take your business elsewhere if you are not satisfied with the reliability of my service."

On a related note, I want my bitcoinica money back just as bad as anyone else, but I'm sick of gripe threads from people implying that bitcoinica owes them an *additional* $XX,000 because the price has moved.

I just think they should work as advertised. Do what they say they do. If they are supposed to move money and they don't, what's wrong with sharing that experience here?

As it stands, I just tried again and it did the same thing. They apparently have some glitch in their system.

I'm grumpy!!
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 04:46:26 AM

Same problem - AGAIN.

I'd like to use these guys more but every time I give them a shot they just screw up my arbitrage.

I see the problem with BTC-E and not BitInstant.

Trade on TRUSTED exchanges. I got fucked on BTC-E a number of times!

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:34:20 AM

lost arbitrage profit blah blah

Oh come on, man.  We are all in the same boat here.

I think it's unreasonable to keep implying that the other party is responsible for the profit you *could* have made with the money that was being transferred. Charlie's amazingly polite but if I was the service and I saw that line of argument, I would just say: "Please feel free to take your business elsewhere if you are not satisfied with the reliability of my service."

On a related note, I want my bitcoinica money back just as bad as anyone else, but I'm sick of gripe threads from people implying that bitcoinica owes them an *additional* $XX,000 because the price has moved.

I just think they should work as advertised. Do what they say they do. If they are supposed to move money and they don't, what's wrong with sharing that experience here?

As it stands, I just tried again and it did the same thing. They apparently have some glitch in their system.

Is this always happening with btc-e in particular or are you having problems with other destinations too?

Do you have skype? If so, PM me your username here, then i'll add you and you can grab me personally on skype if you have future issues.
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 06:36:48 AM

Same problem - AGAIN.

Do not write that you have a problem with our exchange! You have never traded at btc-e!

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 08:36:52 AM

Same problem - AGAIN.

Crypto, this has nothing to do with BTC-E

Please do not blame them. The fault to our issues are with the legacy banking system and its slowness.

BTC-E should be working by tomorrow morning

Thanks for your understanding

-Charlie

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 09:22:21 AM

I just wanted to say that, due to the level of support in this thread by the BitInstant crew, I will be making any further purchases of BTC through them. I understand that everyone fucks up sometimes. It's not the fuck up that matters, though. It's how you handle it. And you guys have handled this like Pros.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:24:00 PM

I just wanted to say that, due to the level of support in this thread by the BitInstant crew, I will be making any further purchases of BTC through them. I understand that everyone fucks up sometimes. It's not the fuck up that matters, though. It's how you handle it. And you guys have handled this like Pros.

I agree. There seems to be some kind of bug in their system but they're doing a good job of communicating with me and making things right.

I'm grumpy!!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:47:45 PM

Same problem - AGAIN.

The thing is, the reason this keeps happening every time you use BitInstant for arbitrage is because the arbitrage opportunities wouldn't have existed if BitInstant were fully operational. Thus, when you see such unlikely opportunities, only send as much as you can go without for a few hours, and never execute a trade on the side that already has funds until the other side has those funds.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: