Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I told you Bitcoin would collapse and now I will tell you why  (Read 1486 times)
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:14:44 PM

Monumental hubris.

That's what ultimately doomed Bitcoin. Too much circlejerking about how Bitcoin is worth $xxxx and not enough effort to add utility to Bitcoin as a currency to make those numbers realistic.

What do you mean not enough effort to add utility? Have you even seen how much work people have been putting into all kinds of Bitcoin projects? Look at all the developments in the past year alone... just because the speculation forum is just a bunch of people speculating about the price doesn't mean there's not a whole world of people out there who are busy actually doing something productive to help the development of Bitcoin in the real world. If you don't see this you must live in the speculation forum yourself and can't see anything of what's going on outside it.

Ok, I'll bite.

What new services have emerged in the Bitcoin ecosystem in the last 12 months which you deem to be offer the general public a service which is

1. As easy or easier to use than any existing system

2. As cheap or cheaper than any existing system

3. As reliable or more reliable than any existing system

i made a few phonecalls to china and the US yesterday over the blockchain, though I didnt use bitcoin specifically, I needed to buy bitcoins to be able to use this sidechains tech.  and its the blockchain technology that made my encrypted call cheaper easier and reliable.
bitcoin is the easiest way for me to transfer fiat to the crypto world
bitcoin is the cheapest way to transfer that wealth around

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 04:10:00 PM

Monumental hubris.

That's what ultimately doomed Bitcoin. Too much circlejerking about how Bitcoin is worth $xxxx and not enough effort to add utility to Bitcoin as a currency to make those numbers realistic.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: