Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting DDOSED ?  (Read 1217 times)
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

Migration testing ended up running an import script on the server ended up taking up way too much resources on the server. We are figuring out a better way to not starve the production box. This wasn't because of a DDOS.
Hi,

was the forum under a ddos attack from someone ? I wasen't able to access the forum for about 30mn-1h . I was getting a Database error at the begginig saying "please try again. if you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator." for a while then that Gateway error which is known when ddos attack happens as far as I know

any Staff member can confirm that ? or members can confirm that It was really down and not just for me

Why are you running an import script on a production box? Kinda not profesional instead you should have had another server spinned up. Made that server a mysql read only slave and then run the import script off of that.

They're getting paid a million by the way Wink.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 10:49:35 PM

Migration testing ended up running an import script on the server ended up taking up way too much resources on the server. We are figuring out a better way to not starve the production box. This wasn't because of a DDOS.
Hi,

was the forum under a ddos attack from someone ? I wasen't able to access the forum for about 30mn-1h . I was getting a Database error at the begginig saying "please try again. if you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator." for a while then that Gateway error which is known when ddos attack happens as far as I know

any Staff member can confirm that ? or members can confirm that It was really down and not just for me

Why are you running an import script on a production box? Kinda not profesional instead you should have had another server spinned up. Made that server a mysql read only slave and then run the import script off of that.

I'm sure we could all pitch in for some new hardwa.... ohwait Tongue Although /s because I'm not a donator.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:01:42 AM

Hi,

Dude, do you have any idea how much that would've cost going that route? It's not like this forum is being fixed via some dude being handed a million bucks or something, for there's a tight budget to take into consideration.
opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:08:21 AM

Hi,

Dude, do you have any idea how much that would've cost going that route? It's not like this forum is being fixed via some dude being handed a million bucks or something, for there's a tight budget to take into consideration.
A million dollars is actually a small amount to be paying for a custom piece of software, especially one that is designed to handle millions of DB entries per day

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀