Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Ponzis/HYIP's be moved "games and rounds"?  (Read 439 times)
ComboChris (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:11:18 PM

I haven't been on this forum for too long, but I've been watching the gambling section for quite a while. In the 2 months that I've been here, i feel like the
trend has went more an more from "I'm gonna put in some work and make a nice gambling site" to "I'm gonna put my bitcoin adress up and start some trust based game where people send me money".

Ponzi's and HYIP's aren't really gambling to me since they have nothing to do with odds and are simply just you sending money to a random person who spent 10 minutes making a thread on bitcointalk.
These games are obviously being spammed into the forum since people see that they can make some quick money of just putting up a thread.
As far as i know, the rule, that you cannot post your giveaway's etc. in the gambling section is because it got to clustered with things that are really irrelevant to a lot of people who read this section and it made it harder to watch the actual threads of the sites.

This way, the people who really wanna read these threads can just to to games and round and the others can read the threads of the actual gambling sites again

For my taste, this is going too far and i don't even feel like opening the gambling section anymore because I know each time I do that it will be spammed with a bunch of new irrelevant threads(which are just simple scams in many cases) that i really don't wanna read.

Maybe some of the longer term members can give their opinion on this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:31:33 PM

I hope those sites will be banned here, it is not a gamble game, it is a pure scam site. Cry Nowadays there are more and more HYIP/ponzi sites promotion here, I hate them, I lost money from these site.
Seketsuna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:35:47 PM

better moved to the trashcan
BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:35:57 PM

Maybe put them in new section call Money Game / HYIP / Ponzi.
So we will not bother to see ponzis thread in this gambling section.

I think this thread should be in Meta section.  

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

Games and rounds are mostly honest stuff. Not all, but many ponzis/HYIP are not. A separate child board would be enough.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:53:10 PM

i think its weird now about last month i not see HYIP thread in gambling section but now
many thread talk about HYIP
kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:55:28 PM

Why are they not yet banned? Not only is it not gambling but also stealing others money in the process.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:56:37 PM

Ponzi's and HYIP's will never be banned or removed. The staff does not moderate threads and never will. It's your responsibility and if you loste money, well bad luck.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
kuusj98

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:58:18 PM

Ponzi's and HYIP's will never be banned or removed. The staff does not moderate threads and never will. It's your responsibility and if you loste money, well bad luck.
There is truth in that, I mean, if you even are that stupid to invest in a Ponzi better not cry if they disappear and run with the money.
ComboChris (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:59:27 PM

Is there any particular reason to the gambling section not being moderated even though it's one of the most popular sections on the forum?

Maybe it's some sort of tradition but i personally never understood that tbh
kuusj98

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:01:20 PM

Is there any particular reason to the gambling section not being moderated even though it's one of the most popular sections on the forum?

I guess it's because of the simple fact that a mod can never know for sure if something is a scam or not. Also, in certain country's Ponzi's are illegal, in others they are not.
If people want to risk burning themselves, let them.
ComboChris (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:04:34 PM

I guess it's because of the simple fact that a mod can never know for sure if something is a scam or not. Also, in certain country's Ponzi's are illegal, in others they are not.

I'm not really complaining about ponzi's being a scam, because i guess some people need to actually burn themselves in order to understand things,
moreso am I finding this section less and less enjoyable to read because due to the fact that ponzis seem to work, everyone is doing them which makes the really interesting gambling threads dissapear in the masses
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:05:24 PM

Because if we do, who controls us? Who makes sure that we don't remove stuff that we shouldn't? For example, we could get paid to remove certain posts, maybe from rival company. Also, how do you define a scam? Sometimes it's really easy, but with, for example ponzi's, it's really hard to determine. Some people don't see them as a scam. It has been decided a long time ago that we won't moderate stuff like that.

I'm not really complaining about ponzi's being a scam, because i guess some people need to actually burn themselves in order to understand things,
moreso am I finding this section less and less enjoyable to read because due to the fact that ponzis seem to work, everyone is doing them which makes the really interesting gambling threads dissapear in the masses
Don't worry. This happened last year as well and they were gone after one or two weeks. People lose interest quickly. Wink

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
kuusj98

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:06:13 PM

A month ago I didn't spot a single Ponzi in this gambling section, now it is littered with them. I mean, first 10 topics are all Ponzi's. Probably run by the same crew.
If they think they got enough money they will run.
llanillo

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:22:35 PM

Its a gamble game you could win or lose.... everyone's should know the risks of investing there.... only invest what you can afford to lose but some persons believes thats truth ...it's not necessary another section just for ponzis/Hyips

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
kuusj98

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:27:20 PM

That's bad idea, "games and rounds" is 100% safe & legit
If it moved to "games and rounds " it will become "ponzi & ponzi"

It's better to make their own section like "Ponzi/HYIP"
As Mitchell said, they will disappear after a few weeks. Nothing to worry about.
Let them ruin this part of the forum and let it die. Simple as that. It will clean itself.
ComboChris (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:10:53 PM

That's bad idea, "games and rounds" is 100% safe & legit
If it moved to "games and rounds " it will become "ponzi & ponzi"

It's better to make their own section like "Ponzi/HYIP"

That would be the optimal solution. I didn't even consider that tbh, but it would solve the issue and not make the "games and rounds" board go bad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: