Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase "Lunar" nothing new to offer  (Read 1027 times)
Jeremias (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:08:49 PM

Coinbase hype around "Lunar" will not add anything substantial. They are not offering anything that is not being on offer, moreover other exchanges are already there e.g coinsetter, buttercoin. CoinXtrader is an example that has licenses in 32 states, but is not backed by VC funding so no marketing.

The important question is will "Gemini" or "Lunar" resolve the fundamental question -  Consumer adoption or uptake. No. they will not, the only thing they will help is to dump more coins. The price is held due to liquidity issues. Make bitcoin buy/sell more liquid, then we will see price dynamics. I know there will be comments - "we are not here for price" or "it does not matter what the price of 1 bitcoin is" but for few like me it does matter.

Edit: Expect imminent dumps
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:19:06 PM

Coinbase hype around "Lunar" will not add anything substantial. They are not offering anything that is not being on offer, moreover other exchanges are already there e.g coinsetter, buttercoin. CoinXtrader is an example that has licenses in 32 states, but is not backed by VC funding so no marketing.

The important question is will "Gemini" or "Lunar" resolve the fundamental question -  Consumer adoption or uptake. No. they will not, the only thing they will help is to dump more coins. The price is held due to liquidity issues. Make bitcoin buy/sell more liquid, then we will see price dynamics. I know there will be comments - "we are not here for price" or "it does not matter what the price of 1 bitcoin is" but for few like me it does matter.

These folks say it doesn't matter only since the exponential growth was rekt. The exact same people were premabulls talking about 10k$ weeks ago. These are mental dwarfs. Of course does the price matter - it's a moneytoken afterall.

stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:23:26 PM

OP has nothing new to offer. Move along, people, nothing to see here.
Jeremias (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:27:28 PM

OP has nothing new to offer. Move along, people, nothing to see here.

yeah, nothing's news these days, I thought we were going to the moon, so it seems $304 was the new moon

Edit: my bad, $310
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:29:39 PM

Goals of Coinbase and bitcoiners are different...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHlXb0PXh4&t=2m37s
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:31:10 PM

Goals of Coinbase and bitcoiners are different...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHlXb0PXh4&t=2m37s

Are they? It looks to me like they're both trying to make money.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:37:54 PM

Its prob ably just a manipulation gimmick, they haven't actually given any infoprmation about it.
2nd Feb will tell. Waiting eagerly. Smiley
B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:47:19 PM

Like yourself, I hope the BTC community begins to start realizing where the tech is going and to logically reason that the outcome has nothing to do with helping out fellow Bitcoiners and "global adoption." Based on your conclusions, I can see you understand the importance of this.

Massive mainstream fiat will push the price up, NOT massive investment capital. People with money are not interested in getting rich, they are interested in staying that way. Poor people are interested in getting rich, not the wealthy.

The expansions of BTC infrastructure are being erected for the fiat elites to control the direction of the technology. The last piece in the puzzle is getting the average joe to like Bitcoin and provide the rope for his hanging voluntarily under the premise that it is "hip," "cool," makes you new age," whatever the reason.

If you want to get 'rich', get in now. Buy as many as you can afford to (following all standard advice about no loans, common sense, etc.), hold and cash out at a peak you think is sufficient. If the tech sticks around, you can use it with the real fiat millions you made earlier.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: