Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting CanaryInTheMine to Remove redsn0w from his trust list  (Read 1076 times)
Johny Depp (OP)

Activity: 211
Merit: 125

busting the bastards

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:50:48 AM

michaeladair for some reason was recently added to BadBear's trust list.

Since he has been added, he has now used his position on Default trust list to silence me twice. it is unknown how many other people he has silenced that have not been willing to speak up and simply stopped yelling "scam" when they got negative trust.

The day he was added to BadBear's list he sent me a PM asking me to remove my negative trust rating on Redsn0w because "he is to be trusted", he eventually added a negative trust rating on me when I did not remove it. For unknown reasons he removed it after (or maybe right before) he started this thread, which his position was not generally supported.

Relevant PM's:
Please remove the negative trust that you placed on RedSn0w or at least make it neutral. He is to be trusted but just not for escrow, so put it as neutral or we will have problems.
The negative trust you gave to Redsn0w is unecessary as he did nothing to make him untrustworthy. Please remove it or at least make it neutral trust or I'll be forced to give you negative trust.

He is now giving me negative trust because of my trust ratings that I have recently given to newbie ponzi sites. I am reasonable certain that both he and moreia are behind at least some of these ponzi sites, including bitcoin-stocks.com which lied about what they were doing with investor money and deleted all the posts in their self moderated thread. They were both essentially vouching for bitcoin-stocks prior to when they ran away with investor money. I was told by moreia that both himself, one person on default trust list and one other person was planning on starting a "honest Ponzi game" (of which there is no such thing, however that is not the point of discussion of this thread).

Additionally both michaeladair and moreia were very quick to defend Spodermen when I called him out as selling hacked accounts. Actually I cannot find michaeladair's vouches, however moreia did vouch for him and I drew the connection between moria and michaeladair above.

Relevant PM's:
Alright I'll just shoot you a PM, reply when you can.
Bear in mind I messaged shorena as well, awaiting response. bitcoininformation recommended to get your opinion.

Myself and a few others are consdering opening a Ponzi Game. DO NOT panic, this isn't a ponzi SCHEME or a ponzi SCAM. Ponzi schemes/scams are sites that promise you guaranteed investments using something like trading but really payout with other investor money. A ponzi GAME is a site where it blatantly states it uses the Ponzi structure and that you may lose your coins. Technically, it is legal and considered a gambling game just like a dice site.

The reason why I'm PM'ing people is due to the high rise of Ponzi sites by Newbie members. Scams being a massive rise indeed.

I am not saying I am going to do this unless members like yourself or shorena approve, but what would your opinion be on a small maximum (like .5btc), automatic and instant ponzi game ran by a member like myself and another two semi-trusted members on this forum? Myself and the other two really want to run an official and trustworthy game on this forum but since so many new sites get their trust ratings ruined from running them it has prevented us greatly.  Bear in mind .5BTC maximum with 125% return (24hr rounds) would mean maximum .65BTC (including  5% fees) in the wallet at a time.

It would work so that we can't cheat out users (everything on blockchain and only one transaction at a time, everything is instant even if there aren't any confirmations) and of course we'd be able to give everyone realtime support. Fee addresses also listed publicly.

The three of us have positive trust here and one is in default trust. I can provide the identities if you want them. I beg you hear us out and give your opinion before you jump to the negative trust button.

One issue risen by Mitchełł (bitcoininformation) was this:

Well the biggest problem you need to solve is that you and your partner can't send anything to the ponzi to keep it alone. Which is, well, impossible. I stopped giving new ratings but it would be smart to contact Quickseller and shorena what they think about this.
Personally, I wouldn't do it for profit but rather to keep the program activity up.
What I would do to avoid this flaw is continue reinvesting a portion of my profit (like 20%) until the program dies that way the ending loss doesn't hit members as hard as what it would if i didn't invest.
I wouldn't do it for my own personal gain but yes he is right it is a flaw that is un-preventable even if we wanted to prevent it. There is always that possibility. That's where the trust comes in I suppose.

I want to run it by members like yourself before we do anything hence I am PM'ing people privately. I don't want to piss people off I just want to end the scams and have a place where people can play the ponzi game if they choose to play it, and do it safely.

Just let me know your opinion (via PM, not in the thread) I'm just asking around because I think it would be a good idea to get a site like this going by a semi-trusted/established member rather than a newbie.

Thanks for reading, very much looking forward to your response!

Best regards.

Like I said above he is clearly trying to silence the opinions that he does not agree with which is not something that the trust system was designed to do.

Its a self feedback loop which is increasing CanaryInTheMine's trust rating.

For instance, redsn0w sent a positive rating today

CanaryInTheMine 150: -0 / +331(331)   2014-12-13   0.00000000      
I trust CanaryInTheMine , he is an honest an reputable user!

CanaryInTheMine added redsn0w to his list which resulted in another trusted feedback for him. I think this is a flaw in the trust system which leads one level 1 member to improve his trust rating.
I think this is clear trust padding on CanaryInTheMine's part. I have always had reservations about redsn0w, but would not go as far as to say he is planning any kind of long con, but would also probably take his trust reports with some level of a grain of salt. I don't think it is appropriate for him to be on default trust.

If he wants to make a scam report then he can open a scam accusation, like I am sure he knows how to properly do. IMO this really should be the way to stop a scam in it's tracks as it is a way to give much more evidence and public discussion about a potential scam

It is now getting crystal clear that redsn0w is riding the trust ride for a certain mission. I think, it is high time for CanaryInTheMine to remove redsn0w from his trust list.

Request to Canary: It does not matter if you leave redsn0w a +ve feedback, but please dont keep him in your trust list. He is not trusted enough to inherit the power of DefaultTrust.

Exposing frauds since 2014
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:59:59 AM

Request to Canary: It does not matter if you leave redsn0w a +ve feedback, but please dont keep him in your trust list. He is not trusted enough to inherit the power of DefaultTrust.

CanaryInTheMine's high trust rating is derived from trusting a lot of those who have given him +ve feedback. If he starts pruning the list as he should, his own trust rating will decrease drastically.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:05:11 PM

Are you serious ? I don't know michaeladair .. he has contacted me through PM and request to quickseller to remove the negative feedback ( it was his personal choice). I didn't contact him ...

I'm not riding anything , I've always left  accurate negative feedback. Have a great day ,

redsn0w
Johny Depp (OP)

busting the bastards

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:17:10 PM

Are you serious ? I don't know michaeladair .. he has contacted me through PM and request to quickseller to remove the negative feedback ( it was his personal choice). I didn't contact him ...

I'm not riding anything , I've always left  accurate negative feedback. Have a great day ,

redsn0w

I am assuming michaeladair is not your Alt. Even if I agree with it, what you have done so far that makes you trustworthy enough to inherit DefaultTrust ? At some point of time, even marcotheminer pointed out that you are doing things solely to gain trust. Following is a link showing that, which you have locked (Hence I could not quote. Would be great, if some Mod can quote it by unlocking)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781301.20

^^^In this thread only, redsn0w said the following...

I think that I'm trusted , I'm not a " scammer " or an untrustworthy person . I don't have bad intention , if you want you can check my profile.

But I also understand it is not to easy to gain some reputation in this forum , however I'm trying to do that.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:23:14 PM

I'm not riding anything , I've always left  accurate negative feedback. Have a great day ,

redsn0w

I am assuming michaeladair is not your Alt. Even if I agree with it, what you have done so far that makes you trustworthy enough to inherit DefaultTrust ? At some point of time, even marcotheminer pointed out that you are doing things solely to gain trust. Following is a link showing that, which you have locked (Hence I could not quote. Would be great, if some Mod can quote it by unlocking)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781301.20

No you are wrong , if you want I can un-lock the thread. I'm here in the forum for more than one year and I've learned the forum rules and I was ( I'm ) active here in the forum.

I've made the unique mistake ( with the collateral about the moreia's loan ) but this is not a valid point to remove me from default rust list , because I've caught a few impostors and scammers.

Thread unlocked : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781301.20

Have a great day.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:28:21 PM

@Johny Depp ,

Can I ask you what is your first/original account ?  I don't want to "discuss" with an alt-account.  However if you will read all the thread I think you will find the "answer".

Johny Depp (OP)

busting the bastards

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:34:01 PM

@Johny Depp ,

Can I ask you what is your first/original account ?  I don't want to "discuss" with an alt-account.  However if you will read all the thread I think you will find the "answer".

How about you list out all your alts with which you are building your trust. Check my trust list, I have not exchanged +ve trust with anyone and check my post history, you'll see I have always warned people about Ponzis. Even caught Hashie far before it was blown out.

But, I'm asking the people in DefaultTrust, especially CanaryInTheMine, do you think I should argue with a person, whose logical sense is as follows...

I think that I'm trusted , I'm not a " scammer " or an untrustworthy person .
Cheesy

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:37:37 PM

@Johny Depp ,

Can I ask you what is your first/original account ?  I don't want to "discuss" with an alt-account.  However if you will read all the thread I think you will find the "answer".

How about you list out all your alts with which you are building your trust. Check my trust list, I have not exchanged +ve trust with anyone and check my post history, you'll see I have always warned people about Ponzis. Even caught Hashie far before it was blown out.

But, I'm asking the people in DefaultTrust, do you think I should argue with a person, whose logical sense is as follows...

Cheesy

I don't have alt-accounts , this is my unique forum account . I know it will be difficult for you to trust me , but this is the truth. I also don't like the ponzis, them are ruining the forum image.  However thanks for your opinion , I have nothing to add here .
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:58:11 PM

@Johny Depp ,

But, I'm asking the people in DefaultTrust, do you think I should argue with a person, whose logical sense is as follows...

Cheesy

I don't have alt-accounts , this is my unique forum account . I know it will be difficult for you to trust me , but this is the truth. I also don't like the ponzis, them are ruining the forum image.  However thanks for your opinion , I have nothing to add here .

FYI, Johny Depp's main account is BitCoinDream.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:57:36 PM

@Johny Depp ,

Cheesy

Nice, how'd you figure it out?
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:00:57 PM

@Johny Depp ,

Cheesy

Nice, how'd you figure it out?

redsn0w asked me the same thing, here is what I sent him:

Yes, I can give you my proof if you'd like. As you can see here, a bunch of accounts were registered on April 20th 2014 with names along a similar theme, such as "Bill Gates", "Warren Buffet", "Rupert Murdoch", "Jimmy Vales", and "Johny Depp".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=318210
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=318219
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=318236
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=318249
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=318262

All made within an hour of each other, they clearly all belong to the same guy. Bill Gates and Rupert Murdoch only made 1 post each, both of them being used to help BitCoinDream win a contest for a btc prize. He abandoned them after this, since this was his only use for them and they were linked to him because of those 2 posts. He continued to use the others, including the Johny Depp account. Hope this helps you out.

I think most people will agree that this is pretty conclusive proof.
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:47:36 PM

Redsn0w didn't do anything wrong to be removed from default trust.

The only reason why he even fucking knows me is cause I tried to get his negative trust that people left off. I saw the situation he was in and tried to do something good to help. He doesn't deserve negative trust for his actions because he fixed them. At most he deserves neutral trust.

Rum152

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:18:27 PM

His actions are not of that deserve to be on default trust in the first place either. If I remember correctly he was added one day after giving positive trust to CanaryInTheMine. I would wonder if he specifically requested a place on his trust list or if he simply added him on there because he got the positive trust.

As mentioned above he seems to be trust farming from people on default trust in order to appear more trusted. He has engaged in several paypal trades where he would send first to trusted people. I would even go as far as to say that some people were using his high risk escrow service in order to get a positive trust report from him

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:59:20 AM

His actions are not of that deserve to be on default trust in the first place either. If I remember correctly he was added one day after giving positive trust to CanaryInTheMine. I would wonder if he specifically requested a place on his trust list or if he simply added him on there because he got the positive trust.

As mentioned above he seems to be trust farming from people on default trust in order to appear more trusted. He has engaged in several paypal trades where he would send first to trusted people. I would even go as far as to say that some people were using his high risk escrow service in order to get a positive trust report from him

Having taken a quick look, this sure seems suspicious. He left positive trust with this comment:

"He has helped me to find a name of song ! Thanks ++++ Trusted user Cheesy ."

and this reference https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758777.msg8566629#msg8566629 for poster TheButterZone, who happens to have a good trust rating: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=60600

He helped redsn0w find a song. How does that make him trustworthy?  Huh

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:09:16 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 02:32:14 PM by redsn0w

Having taken a quick look, this sure seems suspicious. He left positive trust with this comment:

"He has helped me to find a name of song ! Thanks ++++ Trusted user Cheesy ."

and this reference https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758777.msg8566629#msg8566629 for poster TheButterZone, who happens to have a good trust rating: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=60600

He helped redsn0w find a song. How does that make him trustworthy?  Huh

I thought that each "trade" completed successfully* needed a feedback, if you don't like my feedback simple add on your trust list:

~redsn0w

And you will not see my feedback.

A positive feedback doesn't make someone trustworthy, it's only a feedback when you will want to trade with that person check his activity here in the forum and if you don't trust him use an escrow simple.

Thanks again for your opinion.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: