Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:14:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to Bitstamp for US-based Users  (Read 1285 times)
kzcoin (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:27:44 PM

Hi all,

With the market being very active and Bitstamp being down, if you're in the US and looking to buy / sell / trade, try us at buttercoin.com.

We currently have no trading fees, narrow spreads, good depth, and fast customer support.  Our KYC process for onboarding normally takes less than 24 hours.  You can deposit (2-3 business days) and withdraw (1 business day) through US bank transfers (ACH).  We also offer wire transfers (1 day deposit; same day withdrawal) for business customers and individuals who go through an additional account review process.

Our trading engine was designed for high throughput order matching and currently achieves sub-millisecond execution times.  If you prefer to trade through our API, that's available as well.  We also have an OTC desk for our business customers with large blocks to trade (50-10,000 BTC).

For bitcoin storage, we use a multi-sig, multi-level cold storage system.  Currently more than 99.5% of the bitcoins are held in cold storage.  In addition, we regularly hire penetration testers to find vulnerabilities on our system and also run a white hat bug bounty program.

Try Buttercoin and share feedback, tell us what we can improve and what you love about Buttercoin.

Cheers,
Team Buttercoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:48:42 AM

I think there are more choices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695082.0

btc-e, lakebtc, bitfinex, and so on

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
Cassie.Jill

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:34:35 AM

LakeBTC is a good alternative choice, a lot in common, only trade bitcoin, no leverage, and the ripple gateway of IRBA..
myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:12:50 AM

LakeBTC is a good alternative choice, a lot in common, only trade bitcoin, no leverage, and the ripple gateway of IRBA..

How much LakeBTC's daily trading volumn?
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:54:01 AM

I just completed my first purchase from buttercoin and it went fine. I prefer them to Circle because their ACH transfers clear more quickly (maybe they don't wait for it to clear on their end, just the bank's end) and their weekly limit is twice as high ($5000 vs. $2500). So I'd say as long as you don't need more than $5000/week it's an option to consider, I'm planning on doing my second purchase from them soon.

But we really need an alternative that doesn't go through the banks. Any exchange or brokerage that relies on banks for fiat payments is mostly controlled by the banks, and the banks can shut it down at will. Remember CampBX? They used to be an option for buying bitcoin in the US, and now they're gone because their bank closed their account. I miss CampBX, they let you send fiat by money order, leaving the banks out of the fiat transfer stage. Maybe that's why they got shut down  Undecided

CampBX is still around from what I can see.
98problems

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:52:53 AM

I just completed my first purchase from buttercoin and it went fine. I prefer them to Circle because their ACH transfers clear more quickly (maybe they don't wait for it to clear on their end, just the bank's end) and their weekly limit is twice as high ($5000 vs. $2500). So I'd say as long as you don't need more than $5000/week it's an option to consider, I'm planning on doing my second purchase from them soon.

But we really need an alternative that doesn't go through the banks. Any exchange or brokerage that relies on banks for fiat payments is mostly controlled by the banks, and the banks can shut it down at will. Remember CampBX? They used to be an option for buying bitcoin in the US, and now they're gone because their bank closed their account. I miss CampBX, they let you send fiat by money order, leaving the banks out of the fiat transfer stage. Maybe that's why they got shut down  Undecided

CampBX is still around from what I can see.

Their prices are consistently 2-3% over the top exchanges, and according to bitcoinaverage.com their 24 hour trade volume is currently at just under 18 BTC. They may still be around in a sense, but not a viable option for trading. I guess you could say Mt. Gox is still around too  Roll Eyes
It is not the exchange's fault as to what price their market sets. Over time their price will match that of the overall market.

I do agree that 18 BTC is probably going to be somewhat low for someone who is trying to actively trade.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: