Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:12:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much BTC have you lost out on because you listened to Vandroiy?  (Read 4970 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 03:36:37 PM

He didn't say he would steer you at all, either. Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 03:50:43 PM

Yeah, I put a sizable chunk of my BTC into Litecoins, which promptly tanked and lost 40% value.  lol FML.  Fucking Vandroiy.  I should have stayed with Pirate.

Bro.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 04:18:23 PM

How much will you bescurvied boatswain lose if you don't listen to Vandroiy?

Ponzi is a hell of a drug. That's sorta why it works.

The exhilarating ride to glory! Bounty beyond imagination! The thrill! The rush!

Can this ship sail for another year? Every midshipman and sailor shall be a millionaire!

Yet in this thralling dream, you somehow know, the final port is that of ruin and despair.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 04:20:08 PM

Uncle reeses will never steer you wrong.
So do I buy or sell?

You should buy cheesy poofs.  And then increase the scarcity of the CP market by eating them, removing them from circulation.

Wash your hands before typing unless you have cheesy poof tongs or cheesy poof gloves.

For everybody who cashed out of pirates deal in a blind panic  ,think about what your losing  on sitting on the coins  now

i have reasonable assets invested with pirate and his sub investors and have  enough confidence he can pull it off for some time more  ,even if he drops the rates a bit

if i was sitting on my coins ,i would miss a nice payday every week

and its more interesting to watch history in motion when you have some vested interest in it

even if it does turn out to be a ponzi scheme ,they can run for a long time (even in the real world with real currency and regulations  )

Since bitcoin is not legally  a currency yet  nobody will likely  investigate so there may be many more successful payoffs before it collapses (if pirate is lying  to everyone and the interest is coming from illigitmate  means  )

Early adopters  cashing out arguably  helps the ones who stay in since there is less people to distribute the money deposited from the new people with

my 0.02 Smiley
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 04:25:16 PM

Uncle reeses will never steer you wrong.
So do I buy or sell?

You should buy cheesy poofs.  And then increase the scarcity of the CP market by eating them, removing them from circulation.

Wash your hands before typing unless you have cheesy poof tongs or cheesy poof gloves.

Dude.. embrace the cheesy poofness, just let that shit get everywhere!!
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 11:48:35 PM

How much this week?   Tongue

Dunno yet, but I'll post up tomorrow morning.  Who knows, maybe one of these weeks I'll be posting "THANK YOU VANDROIY for saving my ass!"  Like I said, I planned on getting out at the end of July anyway, so we'll see how it turns out next Tuesday morning.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 12:28:53 AM

How much this week?   Tongue

Dunno yet, but I'll post up tomorrow morning.  Who knows, maybe one of these weeks I'll be posting "THANK YOU VANDROIY for saving my ass!"  Like I said, I planned on getting out at the end of July anyway, so we'll see how it turns out next Tuesday morning.

I have a feeling after a number of people meet him next weekend in Vegas, a lot of confidence will be put back into BCST.  But let's see.

It will be very interesting.  That to me is the end game if it is a scam, and if it is not, basically we should know by people meeting him and the continued payouts. 

By the way, if he changed (dropped) interest rates and sent back many deposits I would not consider that a scam. 

Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:03:47 PM

How much this week?   Tongue
Ok, according to my spreadsheet I would have been up ~81 BTC had I not pulled out when Vandroiy started crying wolf.  I think I may put some back in and let it ride til new years eve.  

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:41:24 PM

Own it.  You would have been up 81BTC if you hadn't been gullible and easily swayed by someone's rhetoric.  I bet you bought a Tamagotchi, a Tickle Me Elmo, and a Furby, didn't you?

Stop blaming Vanderlay, Pirate, or anyone else for your stupid decisions.  You'll be a victim all your life.  Own that you are stupid.  Look in the mirror each morning and say,"I lost the opportunity to make ≥USD700 because I am stupid, wishy-washy, and easily influenced."
That probably sounded better in your head, didn't it?

Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:15:43 PM

Since bitcoin is not legally  a currency yet  nobody will likely  investigate so there may be many more successful payoffs before it collapses (if pirate is lying  to everyone and the interest is coming from illigitmate  means  )

Early adopters  cashing out arguably  helps the ones who stay in since there is less people to distribute the money deposited from the new people with

my 0.02 Smiley

While it is true that early adopters can win in a Ponzi scheme, it is not true that cashing out helps prolong the scheme. Cashouts take their principal, and when money flowing out exceeds money flowing in, it is rational for the scammer to default.

You're also right that Ponzi schemes can last for a long time.  One one Second Life lasted over two years. http://secondthoughts.typepad.com/second_thoughts/2007/08/ginkos-goinggoi.html 

But schemes don't normally have interest rates this insane. For example, "only" 1% per week is the typical payout of a Ponzi scheme. The ridiculously high rate of Pirate's Ponzi makes it especially susceptible to cash-outs. Given the noticeable decline in the "investment" on, for example, PPT markets, I think it's fair to say we're very close to the endgame right now.

Honestly, I think "investors" posting in threads like these are cynically hoping that Pirate catches enough more suckers that they can be one of the winners.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:06:52 PM

Sorry for the slight necro, but I did a search on "lost Bitcoin". At least those of us with our BTC can sell it right now... And we owe Vandroiy our gratitude, even if it will likely cost him 5000 BTC when everyone ultimately gets paid.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:08:41 PM

Sorry for the slight necro, but I did a search on "lost Bitcoin". At least those of us with our BTC can sell it right now... And we owe Vandroiy our gratitude, even if it will likely cost him 5000 BTC when everyone ultimately gets paid.

Why? Don't you believe in the value of Bitcoin?
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:14:05 PM

At least those of us with our BTC can sell it right now... And we owe Vandroiy our gratitude, even if it will likely cost him 5000 BTC when everyone ultimately gets paid.

Whoosh! Better to have 2000 bitcoins at $7.7 than 1000 bitcoins at $15.40. Wink
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:16:23 PM

Better to have 2000 bitcoins at $7.7 than 1000 bitcoins at $15.40.

I don't know. The only way I see it is: better to have 2000 BTC than 1000 BTC.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 02:02:47 AM

At least those of us with our BTC can sell it right now... And we owe Vandroiy our gratitude, even if it will likely cost him 5000 BTC when everyone ultimately gets paid.

Whoosh! Better to have 2000 bitcoins at $7.7 than 1000 bitcoins at $15.40. Wink

what have $$ got to do with it??

I agree with psy, better to have 2000BTC than 1000BTC
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:56:00 AM

if there was an unlimited supply ,coin value would be a more important  factor

since the supply is capped at 21 mil ,you would be in a far stronger position
with 2000 than 1000

effectively owning twice as much of the economy
Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:53:07 PM

How much this week?   Tongue
Ok, according to my spreadsheet I would have been up ~81 BTC had I not pulled out when Vandroiy started crying wolf.  I think I may put some back in and let it ride til new years eve.  

How'd that work out?

Anyone want to start a "Thank you Vandroiy" thread?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: