Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:11:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Genuine rise in price, or bull trap?  (Read 1646 times)
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:53:03 PM

Blurted unfortunately. The rise looks like a standard corrective move upwards (as an A-B-C).

Hopefully the drop that will follow will be the last one and shouldn't go that much lower than the previous low of $150. I'm guessing $130, but that's pure speculation.

I'm thinking the same. Possibly flash under $100 on some exchanges.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:55:49 PM

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:27:04 PM

exactly...  whatever anyone says, the market will do what it'll do.  even market experts make mistakes.

mistakes?  Experts in trading are right about 60% of the time.   No one knows what the market will do.

so they're wrong 40% of the time?  wow.  i thought they're right at like 75% - 80% of the time.  

Trading is a zero sum game... Wouldn't be possible for majority of pro traders to be right 80% of the time,
as they are all trying to take money from each other.  This is why trading is so difficult: you are trying
to take money away from very smart people.   

Mirsad

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:32:40 PM

Trading is a zero sum game... Wouldn't be possible for majority of pro traders to be right 80% of the time,
as they are all trying to take money from each other.  This is why trading is so difficult: you are trying
to take money away from very smart people.   

It is easier with bitcoin.
You try to take away money from dumb people.
Stocks are harder to trade.

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:37:42 PM

exactly...  whatever anyone says, the market will do what it'll do.  even market experts make mistakes.

mistakes?  Experts in trading are right about 60% of the time.   No one knows what the market will do.
This is even more true when you take into account hacks, those are "unpredictable".

or maybe the goxxed 800k suddenly appearing and sold in the market. 

You know those coins don't exist, right?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:10:19 PM

Hard to judge.

Massive sell off this last few days, sharp rebound from below $200 and now a steady climb in price.

Looks like a bull trap to me, the calm before the storm....or maybe people falling for the rumours on twatter.

Maybe it's genuine though, and we're going to get a steady recovery followed by another bubble now?

what if i tell you that the 1k price, was a dead cat bounce too?
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:56:33 PM

Hard to judge.

Massive sell off this last few days, sharp rebound from below $200 and now a steady climb in price.

Looks like a bull trap to me, the calm before the storm....or maybe people falling for the rumours on twatter.

Maybe it's genuine though, and we're going to get a steady recovery followed by another bubble now?

what if i tell you that the 1k price, was a dead cat bounce too?

And the next spike of $8K will be dead cat bounce too Smiley

As Warren Buffet already confirmed, bitcoin is a poison that makes dead cats zombies so they keep bouncing eternally
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:59:58 PM

Hard to judge.

Bllue tarp!!!!
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:29:12 PM

Hard to judge.

Exactly, it's hard to judge. I don't know, I gotta say the volume on Jan 14th was finally high enough to justify a real bottom, but it's nothing definite, that's for sure. I think we'll be wiser in a couple weeks.

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:32:24 PM

What it looks like right now, is rebuilding a $200 support level, will probably saunter downward and tamp it down a few times before wandering off upward again...

Everybody now,

I love to go a wandering along the mountain track....

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 09:04:39 PM

>bitcoin
>genuine rise in price

Oh_you.gif
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:30:36 AM

I'm usually wrong, so I'll call it a bulltrap. I really think that it is one, but not a big one.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: