Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:48:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why "Bitcoin" from "Anything else" ?  (Read 1699 times)
Madness (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 05:13:35 PM

Hi,

I wanted know why you guys exactly choosed "Bitcoin" from anything else from the other payment methods Smiley
I personally choosed Bitcoin because it's simply annonymus (I don't have to put any of my real life informations) , no chargebacks & I don't have to deal with Paypal bullshits (Limited accounts and crap like that)
How about you guys Grin

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 05:20:09 PM

When I am on my computer, I can just pull up my online wallet. Do a copy/paste of the bitcoin address I need to send to and click send.

With my credit card it's usually in my wallet, if I'm at home I have to go to where I put my wallet, get my card, set it down on the laptop while I try to type, then get up again to put it back in my wallet. If I forget I have to get the card to my wallet later.

I can also go to something like Purse.io and get a 20% discount if I'm shopping on Amazon. Anything else on the Internet I can use Brawker.

Doing it in a restaurant is just fun scanning the QR code and hitting "send". So easy.

And I like that my money is under my control. Not the whims of banks and governments.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 05:54:36 PM

When I am on my computer, I can just pull up my online wallet. Do a copy/paste of the bitcoin address I need to send to and click send.

With my credit card it's usually in my wallet, if I'm at home I have to go to where I put my wallet, get my card, set it down on the laptop while I try to type, then get up again to put it back in my wallet. If I forget I have to get the card to my wallet later.

I can also go to something like Purse.io and get a 20% discount if I'm shopping on Amazon. Anything else on the Internet I can use Brawker.

Doing it in a restaurant is just fun scanning the QR code and hitting "send". So easy.

And I like that my money is under my control. Not the whims of banks and governments.

Pretty nice Grin
But since when it's possible to buy via Amazon using Bitcoin and with a discount even ?

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 05:59:14 PM

Pretty nice Grin
But since when it's possible to buy via Amazon using Bitcoin and with a discount even ?

You can buy things on Amazon either using Purse.io or Gyft:

https://purse.io/

http://www.gyft.com/

As Elwar mentioned, you can also use https://brawker.com/ for everything else.

Pretty soon we'll have our own eBay like marketplace strictly transacting in BTC:

https://openbazaar.org/

And even more Bitcoin related start-ups to come this year.  Exciting times!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:26:42 PM

onewallet.io is set up like ebay, but with everything sold for Bitcoin.  

I have bought from there, and I also have some items listed for sale there.  

It's still small, not many users yet, but all it needs is some time and some more people involved and then we'll be able to buy anything.

And today you can already buy a Playstation 4, a new iPhone, DVDs, a Chromecast, gold bullion, T-shirts, a wristwatch, a bicycle, a remote-controlled helicopter, or some mining rigs.

www.onewallet.io

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:34:29 PM

Pretty nice Grin

You can buy things on Amazon either using Purse.io or Gyft:

https://purse.io/

http://www.gyft.com/

As Elwar mentioned, you can also use https://brawker.com/ for everything else.

Pretty soon we'll have our own eBay like marketplace strictly transacting in BTC:

https://openbazaar.org/

And even more Bitcoin related start-ups to come this year.  Exciting times!

Yea I know Gyft it's famous for selling Gift cards for all websites (Google play , Itunes,Steam etc ... ) but never heard of purse.io , going to check it out Smiley

@others , please stay on topic .
~ Madness

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:42:56 PM

The fiat I keep at the bank is too expensive. They charge me for keeping my money there and for getting it out. Credit cards are little more than loan shark operations to me. Because of all the hidden fees and traps, I don't even know how much that service costs. And if I want to send money to a friend in another country the prices just get silly.

My reward for these types of transactions are that I get insurance! (Which I pay for!) I also get to spread my personal identity to a bunch of people I don't know, don't trust, and will never meet.

With bitcoin I buy without divulging my identity. Unlike a credit card I do not give information that allows access to my money. It costs pennies to send thousands or even millions of dollars. Best of all, it's over in mins.

It's almost all I use on the internet now.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dmugetsu

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:44:18 PM

Because it easy to use and the price is not bad either
runpaint

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:46:36 PM

@others , please stay on topic .
~ Madness

lol @ you

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:54:04 PM

bitcoin will evole and we will not recognize it in a few years. of course the value cant fluctuate like crazy to use it for the day to day transactions. in some years that will be completely different. we already see that with "LOCKS" from coinapult. maybe there will be a currency pegged to BTC which is more stable and usefull for these kind of transactions. bitcoin would be a gold-standard in such a scenario.

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 07:06:04 AM

I didn't choose it for the anonymity, I chose it because it's easy as 1-2-3. I can send money to anywhere in the world right here from my computer without needing the help of anyone else.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:35:23 AM

I am not really using it that much. Just made a handful of purchases with Bitcoin, since my options are limited, here in Austria. But I am sure, that will change over time.

I choose Bitcoin for 2 main reasons:
It is secure by design: Most technologies nowadays are complete unsecure(since when they were invented, security wasn't that important), with security build on top of it. Bitcoin is secure at it's core.
I control the money: E.g. I could just take my paper wallets and move somewhere else, or just remember 12 words. Nobody could really stop me from that. Transferring the money in my bank account to another countries bank account. I don't think, that is that easy. Cashing out, and bringing that cash over the border. Not easy either.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
thompete

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:37:24 AM

Hi,

I wanted know why you guys exactly choosed "Bitcoin" from anything else from the other payment methods Smiley
I personally choosed Bitcoin because it's simply annonymus (I don't have to put any of my real life informations) , no chargebacks & I don't have to deal with Paypal bullshits (Limited accounts and crap like that)
How about you guys Grin
Fast and Anonymous.

runpaint

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:11:18 AM

Gyft just announced ebay gift cards!

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:15:34 AM

Why? Oh well.. I'm a online freelancer and having a new method of payment could get me more customers. ← reason why I join Bitcoin.
Now, I'm not 'freelancing' for Bitcoin anymore. Instead. I invest my Bitcoin for more and wait for the Bitcoin price to rise.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Troonetpt

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:25:25 AM

It's more convenient.
Vessko

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:26:35 AM

maybe there will be a currency pegged to BTC which is more stable

This is a logical impossibility. My guess is that you do not understand what the word "pegged" means.
GÜNther.Danish

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 10:11:44 AM

just it's free: 0 and freedom.
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:25:56 AM

I didn't choose it for the anonymity, I chose it because it's easy as 1-2-3. I can send money to anywhere in the world right here from my computer without needing the help of anyone else.

You didn't convince me to be honest , isn't that what every other payment method on the internet offers nowdays ? you can send money to anyone anywhere using his Email or Username or whatever & you don't need any help either .

turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:32:02 AM

You didn't convince me to be honest , isn't that what every other payment method on the internet offers nowdays ? you can send money to anyone anywhere using his Email or Username or whatever & you don't need any help either .
You need 3rd party services. Be it Paypal or E-Banking of your Bank or Western Union or whatever else is there.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: