Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LTCGear.com SCAM - Enough is enough, lets get some info together  (Read 55565 times)
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:32:33 PM

Is no one at this thread talking about the latest update from Chris at Gear's Home page , ie., that he apparently is asking everyone to pay a fee before he pays them 7 or 8 weeks of missing payments??

I just logged in and saw this.
Honestly, before buying shares a long time ago, I emailed him and at that time he said there will be an annual recurring fee for maintenance and replacing faulty hardware.

Balance is still showing up as "pending", I assume for anyone. Or is there anyone who has something?

Nope... Consensus from about 4 different forums I follow is not a single person has a balance showing.. I'd venture a guess that's a pretty good indicator of LTCG customers overall...

But... at least we got an update saying he wants more money!!!

Oh, ok. So most likely nobody got a withdraw yet. It's a bit funny, because the weekly payout calculations are shown for every week still.

As said, before I bought my shares I asked him if there were any other expenses like maintenance fee or something. I did this because all other cloudminers had this. And he said there would be some annual ~10$/share. Actually I was wondering why I didn't have to pay that already. (Not that I terribly want to give away money)

Not sure what to think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptophile

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:06:45 PM

Is no one at this thread talking about the latest update from Chris at Gear's Home page , ie., that he apparently is asking everyone to pay a fee before he pays them 7 or 8 weeks of missing payments??

I just logged in and saw this.
Honestly, before buying shares a long time ago, I emailed him and at that time he said there will be an annual recurring fee for maintenance and replacing faulty hardware.

Balance is still showing up as "pending", I assume for anyone. Or is there anyone who has something?

Nope... Consensus from about 4 different forums I follow is not a single person has a balance showing.. I'd venture a guess that's a pretty good indicator of LTCG customers overall...

But... at least we got an update saying he wants more money!!!

Oh, ok. So most likely nobody got a withdraw yet. It's a bit funny, because the weekly payout calculations are shown for every week still.

As said, before I bought my shares I asked him if there were any other expenses like maintenance fee or something. I did this because all other cloudminers had this. And he said there would be some annual ~10$/share. Actually I was wondering why I didn't have to pay that already. (Not that I terribly want to give away money)

Not sure what to think.

$10/share?  Roll Eyes

So someone who bought at 3k0 would owe $30k?  Seems unlikely.

The calculation updates are also scripted, so that means nothing...
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:12:03 PM

lol, with 10$/share we're paying him 20 to a 100 times what we paid for shares ;-)

for reference, when I bought my first shares in november they were like 0.5$/share and the last shares I bought were 0.14$/share. Didn't he mean per 1000 shares because otherwise......
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:25:14 PM

lol, with 10$/share we're paying him 20 to a 100 times what we paid for shares ;-)

for reference, when I bought my first shares in november they were like 0.5$/share and the last shares I bought were 0.14$/share. Didn't he mean per 1000 shares because otherwise......

Sorry, its probably not per share. That would be waaay too much. I'll check my emails and re-read.
Maybe per package bought or something...

Anyway, it was a long time ago, so the figures have probably changed quite a bit.
Libertymind

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:15:02 PM

I don't read it that way. Wouldn't be surprised if he's going through all accounts manually, activating the balance feature and then also adding the costs to the same account. I again wouldn't be surprised if the costs are already taken out of the owed amount once a certain account is "activated". Then again, both options are speculation.

If any of that were happening I would be more surprised then I've ever been in my life. There is still zero confirmation of any balance showing in any user's account.

This is the kinda of thing that makes the public call for regulation.
nelsonroberts

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:44:55 PM

To Borisz

" It's a bit funny, because the weekly payout calculations are shown for every week still. "

As discussed previously in many posts, this simply a script running.
otorongo

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:19:10 AM

We have some Colombian dogs ready for action Grin (Tenemos varios perros Colombianos listos para la accion).
skuser

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:24:40 AM

I have to admit this is the most clever run ponzi in a while. By starting to charge maintenance fee - let's say 15% of yearly revenue he doesn't have to pay last 8 weeks to anybody and still keep some illusion of legal business. I doubt he ever planned to use his special 'end of the year' wording this way but he will happily use it now. Only thing he needs is to LTC crash close to zero anytime this year and he can quit stating that mining is not profitable at all anymore...

erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:45:05 AM

I have to admit this is the most clever run ponzi in a while. By starting to charge maintenance fee - let's say 15% of yearly revenue he doesn't have to pay last 8 weeks to anybody and still keep some illusion of legal business. I doubt he ever planned to use his special 'end of the year' wording this way but he will happily use it now. Only thing he needs is to LTC crash close to zero anytime this year and he can quit stating that mining is not profitable at all anymore...

very clever indeed, but yet still some people believe this guy, they never wake up and keep on defending this guy, not to mention few guys from litecointalk that keep on slapping each other who argue with their argument about defending this guy
Warbigold

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:51:02 AM

very clever indeed, but yet still some people believe this guy, they never wake up and keep on defending this guy, not to mention few guys from litecointalk that keep on slapping each other who argue with their argument about defending this guy

Its like atheist vs Christians everyone yell but nobody have a single argument/proof
tonygal

Merit: 504

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:57:12 AM

but yet still some people believe this guy, they never wake up and keep on defending this guy, not to mention few guys from litecointalk that keep on slapping each other who argue with their argument about defending this guy
You would understand if you were among those who multiplied (not just roi'd, but multiplied by 3 or 4!) their investment during the insanely
profitable summer/fall of 2014 with LTCGear. There is no way that in 2014 LTCGear was run ponzi-like by paying from new deposits, the
profits were just much too high for a much too long timeframe. I don't know what happened after BF/CM, though..

But I'm not angry with you guys. If I just came to hear about LTCGear in december 14 and know nothing about the time before,
I would also be shaking my head and be wondering how people can still believe that something positive can happen.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:16:26 AM

but yet still some people believe this guy, they never wake up and keep on defending this guy, not to mention few guys from litecointalk that keep on slapping each other who argue with their argument about defending this guy
You would understand if you were among those who multiplied (not just roi'd, but multiplied by 3 or 4!) their investment during the insanely
profitable summer/fall of 2014 with LTCGear. There is no way that in 2014 LTCGear was run ponzi-like by paying from new deposits, the
profits were just much too high for a much too long timeframe. I don't know what happened after BF/CM, though..

But I'm not angry with you guys. If I just came to hear about LTCGear in december 14 and know nothing about the time before,
I would also be shaking my head and be wondering how people can still believe that something positive can happen.

I invested big on the 19th. I did not get paid that week or since then so yea I believe it is a fucking scam only.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
tonygal

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:43:17 AM

I invested big on the 19th. I did not get paid that week or since then so yea I believe it is a fucking scam only.
I hope you understand that I'm not claiming that LTCGear is legit. Not at all.
WEBcreator

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:00:53 AM

not legit indeed, we will see what will happens after february ended, some guys got speculation about the 2nd gen which is in middle february

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
Danz0r77

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:41:45 PM

not legit indeed, we will see what will happens after february ended, some guys got speculation about the 2nd gen which is in middle february

There will be an update for sure "2nd gen taking longer than expected, eta mid march".

Then those same guys will be "Ok, I'll wait til end of March then no more"... and on and on.........
Warbigold

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:01:15 PM

There will be an update for sure "2nd gen taking longer than expected, eta mid march".

Then those same guys will be "Ok, I'll wait til end of March then no more"... and on and on.........

"Those guys" made money so yes i have faith (At least a little) in Chris.
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:04:04 PM

You forgot the part where it will say: "There is also slight delay for balance payments and tax collection for a number of users caused by the DB alteration. ETA is next week."

And by 'number of users' he will mean everyone... Cheesy
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 01:09:56 PM

You forgot the part where it will say: "There is also slight delay for balance payments and tax collection for a number of users caused by the DB alteration. ETA is next week."

yep that might be christian next reason, remember how long it takes for him just to post about the tax collection while there is nothing changing about the site?lets say tax will be collected at the beginning of march i believe he is just stalling time making everyone like an idiot

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Warbigold

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:12:45 PM

yep that might be christian next reason, remember how long it takes for him just to post about the tax collection while there is nothing changing about the site?lets say tax will be collected at the beginning of march i believe he is just stalling time making everyone like an idiot

Hey if you don't believe anymore i will happily buy your accounts for 10 $ each.Think about it 10 sweet dollars.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 01:17:01 PM

Hey if you don't believe anymore i will happily buy your accounts for 10 $ each.Think about it 10 sweet dollars.

too bad i sold my 13k shares for 1.3 bitcoins to the believer in litecointalk, they will keep on believing this christian guy and worship him like a god of fortune

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: