Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:12:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 0.1 Loan  (Read 857 times)
Monetizer (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:56:06 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 10:18:30 AM by Monetizer

Ok, so I am looking for a 0.1 BTC loan. Firstly any queries over my rep can be answered fairly easily. (Along with absences)
The loan will be used for me to get my new website up and running. I would like the loan for 2-4 weeks and can repay 0.33 (5% a week) although I should be able to pay all the money back within a week.
If there is anything else you need to know feel free to ask.
I do not have to much to offer in the form of collateral.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:57:29 AM

can you prove ownership of the accounts? Are they senior accounts?
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:03:12 AM

I can to people interested although would rather not publicly (ie. get them to post here), and no unfortunately they are all very new members.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:04:15 AM

If u can use this account and one more senior account as collateral, I will give u this loan!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:05:54 AM

I can to people interested although would rather not publicly (ie. get them to post here), and no unfortunately they are all very new members.
It is understandable to only prove ownership privately. Have they ever posted a BTC address and/or send a BTC address in an PM? if so can you sign a message from a such address?

By very new member do you mean like junior member or lower?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:07:42 AM

I also see that the last time you posted in 2014 was in late June. Then you did not post again until January 9 of this year. Are you able to explain your extended leave of absence?
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:08:28 AM

It is understandable to only prove ownership privately. Have they ever posted a BTC address and/or send a BTC address in an PM? if so can you sign a message from a such address?

I was thinking I could change all there signatures to something someone who was interested in the loan specifies to show they are all mine.
I am checking there age now.
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:10:30 AM

I also see that the last time you posted in 2014 was in late June. Then you did not post again until January 9 of this year. Are you able to explain your extended leave of absence?

Yep, I just lost interest in BTC. The market was falling with nothing to interesting happening. I shut of my mining rig and just didn't come back. I have now got back into it all but yeah. To prove I am the same owner I can use an address from a while ago If that makes sense. I just need to go through my posts to find one containing my address.

Edit: here! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418109.msg4595770#msg4595770 contains the address 1q5cj etc. from january last year. I can send a satoshi from that address to another specified address to prove. (I must admit I do not know how to sign an address :/)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:12:00 AM

I was thinking I could change all there signatures to something someone who was interested in the loan specifies to show they are all mine.
I am checking there age now.
Well for one, in order to use an account as collateral you would need to give control to either the lender or an escrow agent while the loan is outstanding. This allows the lender to sell off the accounts to recover the amount lent in the event that you default.

Second proving that you control the accounts is different then proving that you own the accounts. All you would need to do to prove control is to send a PM to a potential lender. In order to prove ownership you would generally need to produce a signed message from an address associated with an old unedited post.

I am still interested to know the approximate ranking of the accounts.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:13:33 AM

Yep, I just lost interest in BTC. The market was falling with nothing to interesting happening. I shut of my mining rig and just didn't come back. I have now got back into it all but yeah. To prove I am the same owner I can use an address from a while ago If that makes sense. I just need to go through my posts to find one containing my address.
It would probably actually be easiest to search for the address that you received your PD signature campaign payouts to in the services section. The enrollment posts should not be edited and you should be able to quickly find those address(es) in your wallet
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:19:57 AM

It would probably actually be easiest to search for the address that you received your PD signature campaign payouts to in the services section. The enrollment posts should not be edited and you should be able to quickly find those address(es) in your wallet

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418109.msg4595770#msg4595770 I can prove I have that address.
Also I have two junior and one newbie all from 2013.
Seketsuna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:40:24 AM

i'll buy 1 of your jr.member for .01 btc
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:55:33 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418109.msg4595770#msg4595770 I can prove I have that address.
You can sign that address for other lenders but I don't think your collateral is sufficient.
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:05:12 AM

You can sign that address for other lenders but I don't think your collateral is sufficient.

Fair enough, I do not have to much to offer in terms of collateral. Is there some way I could offer this account without losing the ability to use it? (Eg. transfer email account over to an escrow so that they have control over the account whilst I still use it for the duration of the loan?) I believe this account to be worth the loan if not slightly more.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:18:11 AM

Fair enough, I do not have to much to offer in terms of collateral. Is there some way I could offer this account without losing the ability to use it? (Eg. transfer email account over to an escrow so that they have control over the account whilst I still use it for the duration of the loan?) I believe this account to be worth the loan if not slightly more.
If you transferred an email account then there would be nothing to stop you from changing the email associated with the account making it impossible to recover the loan when you default.

You are right your account is probably worth more then the loan amount however when lending with accounts as collateral a best practice is to only lend a small percentage of the value of the account to give the borrower an incentive to repay as well as the fact that accounts can sometimes take a long time to sell.
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:22:47 AM

If you transferred an email account then there would be nothing to stop you from changing the email associated with the account making it impossible to recover the loan when you default.

You are right your account is probably worth more then the loan amount however when lending with accounts as collateral a best practice is to only lend a small percentage of the value of the account to give the borrower an incentive to repay as well as the fact that accounts can sometimes take a long time to sell.

I meant changing it to someone else's email so that I could not recover it unless they changed it back after the loan is payed. Fair enough on the collateral though, it's just some people are lending without collateral at fair amounts and so with collateral I thought it might be fair.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:27:59 AM

I meant changing it to someone else's email so that I could not recover it unless they changed it back after the loan is payed. Fair enough on the collateral though, it's just some people are lending without collateral at fair amounts and so with collateral I thought it might be fair.
You change the email associated with a bitcointalk account:
1 - change the email address
2 - enter your password
3 - click 'change profile'
no email confirmation required
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:36:50 AM

This guy doesn't know how bitcointalk account as collateral works, it means at first give the password to the escrow, then the escrow changes the password, email, Secret Question, and probably the bitcoin address as well. impossible for the loanee to get access to the account again.
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:03:48 PM

This guy doesn't know how bitcointalk account as collateral works, it means at first give the password to the escrow, then the escrow changes the password, email, Secret Question, and probably the bitcoin address as well. impossible for the loanee to get access to the account again.

Yeah, I worked that out... I am fine using this account for collateral.
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:23:13 AM

Still need this :/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: