Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:36:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If your investment looked like this...  (Read 3442 times)
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:34:28 PM

If your investment looked like this chart in the last 180 days, what would you do?

Grin

I prefer this chart ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:52:09 PM

I will definitely keep my BTC. If I would have free money I will buy some ... may be next days. I can wait with selling.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 11:06:48 PM

I continue to hold and because i believe in its future i still make small purchases. Why small amount? Because at this point you still can't determine at what level it will drop to before it finally changes direction

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:16:58 PM

Charts tell you nothing. The value of an investment depends on it future value. It's past value is irrelevant.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
jwcastle (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 01:41:38 AM

Charts tell you nothing. The value of an investment depends on it future value. It's past value is irrelevant.

Every stock market and exchange in the world use historical charts. They use sophisticated analysis software to predict how the market will behave. Are they all wrong?

BitcoinEval.com - Evaluate your Bitcoin earnings
CPR
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:16:04 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 06:28:13 PM by odolvlobo

Every stock market and exchange in the world use historical charts. They use sophisticated analysis software to predict how the market will behave. Are they all wrong?

In short, yes.

I can tell by the words you use that you are an investing newbie. Here is my advice to you: Investors make money because they learn, they do research, and they uncover opportunities. There is no magic formula. There is no secret system. People that believe that they can predict the future by looking at charts are nothing more than financial astrologers. Technical Analysis pretends to be a science, but the truth is that it is based on fantasy and superstition, and it is supported only by confirmation bias.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 01:00:57 AM

those sophistaced analysis can't predict accidents that causes crashes. Thats why most traders uses present current events and news to preditc the value
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:32:19 AM

If your investment looked like this chart in the last 180 days, what would you do?

Are you still going to hold? If you do hold, why haven't you bought more? After all, if you are holding, that means you believe that BTC is going to the moon. And if you believe that, you should buy more, a lot more, while the price is low.

You are right,  if you believe that, you should buy more, a lot more, while the price is low.
But people can't sure the price will go more low or rise up.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:39:05 AM

My question to everyone who is holding, why aren't you buying more today?  (besides being broke)

Keeping the fiat ready to buy BTC, but not buying yet because the price may still go down and I want cheaper coins than this.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:33:53 AM

thats chart will shocked investor .
crazy chart ever
b-stock

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:40:40 AM

In short, yes.

I can tell by the words you use that you are an investing newbie. Here is my advice to you: Investors make money because they learn, they do research, and they uncover opportunities. There is no magic formula. There is no secret system. People that believe that they can predict the future by looking at charts are nothing more than financial astrologers. Technical Analysis pretends to be a science, but the truth is that it is based on fantasy and superstition, and is supported only by confirmation bias.

A fool with a tool is still a fool...but complete denying of a tool and/or a process... Huh
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:26:18 PM

In short, yes.

I can tell by the words you use that you are an investing newbie. Here is my advice to you: Investors make money because they learn, they do research, and they uncover opportunities. There is no magic formula. There is no secret system. People that believe that they can predict the future by looking at charts are nothing more than financial astrologers. Technical Analysis pretends to be a science, but the truth is that it is based on fantasy and superstition, and is supported only by confirmation bias.

A fool with a tool is still a fool...but complete denying of a tool and/or a process... Huh

Astrology, dianetics, ghost hunting, homeopathy, and technical analysis are all well-known and somewhat popular tools and/or processes.  I am completely comfortable denying that they are each based on anything more than fantasy or superstition. Of course, I can accept any tidbits of fact that they might contain (if any), but to wade through a sea of nonsense to find those truths is a waste of time.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:48:53 PM

I wouldn't be looking at 180 days.  IF it is an investment, your timeframe should be years.  If I look at practically any arbitrary short-period, I can show pretty much anything I want.  If I look at Nov 2010 through today, it looks quite good.

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:33:51 AM

Invest in alts, wait till btc rises!  Cool
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:43:52 AM

If I really believe in my investment, I would buy a little bit more to cost average.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:13:12 PM

In short, yes.

I can tell by the words you use that you are an investing newbie. Here is my advice to you: Investors make money because they learn, they do research, and they uncover opportunities. There is no magic formula. There is no secret system. People that believe that they can predict the future by looking at charts are nothing more than financial astrologers. Technical Analysis pretends to be a science, but the truth is that it is based on fantasy and superstition, and it is supported only by confirmation bias.

That is true.  However, there is some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy aspect to that.  If sufficient traders use the same intrinsically worthless techniques, and hence come to the same silly conclusions about buying or selling, then those initially worthless techniques DO become true predictions of the future (at least as long as there are no other demands and offers than those from traders).

It is funny, because "technical analysis" has the same "next fool" property as money in itself: technical analysis is only worth something if others think it is worth something concerning the prediction of prices.  The specific algorithms used in technical analysis can be totally arbitrary, as long as sufficient people use the *same* algorithms.  If there is a prediction algorithm which is as silly as "at full moon prices go up by 10%", and if sufficient people BELIEVE that, they will buy just before full moon, and have the prices rise up to 10%.  Not more, because then their algorithm tells them that the asset is somewhat overpriced as compared to their "prediction".
So, technical analysis algorithms behave as money: if sufficient people think it is worth something, then it IS worth something.  

dmugetsu

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:52:23 PM

Too much risk

So i will hold for now
tyrexs

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:57:20 PM

only some people holding not help bitcoin price.

Useli Violent

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:59:29 PM

Are you still going to hold? If you do hold, why haven't you bought more? After all, if you are holding, that means you believe that BTC is going to the moon. And if you believe that, you should buy more, a lot more, while the price is low.

I would be shorting, with leverage.

██████████ YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:05:27 PM

I have been buying and repositioning my average buy price.

Where's your god now?

You just pumped fiat in a ponzi. Good job. But reducing your average buy in price of a worthless asset won't help you buy food in the future. Good luck living on food stamps.

I am very well diversified with zero debt.  I doubt it.
lol, that's what I was thinking. I never hold more than I have spent. Think what you like Mirsad, I'm currently shopping for boats and shore front lots with my ponzi money.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: