Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Dotcom looking for suggestions on payments  (Read 10001 times)
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 12:23:08 PM

Thread jacking: Why are paypal trying to kill themselves with dropping so many sites?

They must be aware of BTC, yet they push users towards it.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 01:05:13 PM

Thread jacking: Why are paypal trying to kill themselves with dropping so many sites?

They are being "persuaded" by MPAA/RIAA probably.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 01:44:56 PM

i am also sceptical the coinlabs model will work in the light of modern FPGAs, and possibly soon ASICS.
maybe it was a good idea 6 Months ago, but the coming massive diffculty increase with reward halving makes it look like a weak model.
unless you count people overpaying by 15x with their electricity for music/games.

Why do you anticipate a difficulty increase with reward halving in december ? Unless the BTC price doubles, I would anticipate the opposite, miners dropping out.
Only FPGAs and ASICS will cause a (gradual) difficulty increase but we may not see it until mid 2013.
Right now, difficulty is below were it was a year ago.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

+1

bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:28:39 PM

Paypal is most definitely in bed with the MPAA/RIAA. In addition, at heart they are just another ridiculous US-based financial institution that is far far more concerned with regulations and bureaucracy than they are with satisfying their customers.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 04:45:16 PM

Great article on Forbes
Kim Dotcom's Pretrial Legal Funds Would Be Safe With Bitcoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92934.0

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 08:43:22 PM

Kim Dotcom needs ISP with big farm for his services, so the first thing that you have to do is convince an ISP that accept Bitcoin as payment.
After that Kim Dotcom will be really happy to accept Bitcoin as payment system. Convincing Kim Dotcom is the last step.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
World

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:50:31 PM

From@KimDotcom  Grin
BREAKING NEWS: 30 sec of the Mr President song (iPhone recording). The Anthem of Internet Freedom - Coming soon.
http://soundcloud.com/kimdotcom/mr-president-sneak-peek

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 10:10:26 PM

Kim Dotcom needs ISP with big farm for his services, so the first thing that you have to do is convince an ISP that accept Bitcoin as payment.
After that Kim Dotcom will be really happy to accept Bitcoin as payment system. Convincing Kim Dotcom is the last step.

to solve this problem he just really needs to create a great distributed, p2p platform.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:24:44 AM

Maybe the MPAA and RIAA are really on our side and are trying to help Bitcoin, because they have money with Pirate and want the price to skyrocket.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 02:59:39 AM

Maybe the MPAA and RIAA are really on our side and are trying to help Bitcoin, because they have money with Pirate and want the price to skyrocket.

Except the price skyrocketing is bad for pirate if I remember his posts correctly.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
World

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:12:49 PM

From@KimDotcom  Grin
30 seconds of Mr President video - sneak peek. Retweet Smiley
http://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/223806286947549184

I believe he will be definitely on the bitcoin side

aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:21:49 PM

most of the time i would guess he is the one moving down the price.
FTFY
World

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:37:14 PM

I think this article should be here
http://torrentfreak.com/paypal-bans-major-file-hosting-services-over-piracy-concerns-120710/

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:07:17 AM

So if someone repeats FUD long enough it will magically turn true?
The blockchain size is only a hypothetical issue.
Even my cellphone could handle a full client for the next few years.

Back to subject, I hope the Kim realizes that when he had done MegaUpload using Bitcoins, the FBI would had a hard time freezing those.

This sort of reminds me of the guy who said that the worldwide demand for computers would be four or five, and they guy who decided that 4x10^6 IPv4 addresses should be plenty.  The chief difference is that the guys who made these two mistakes give every indication of having been clever people who understood the technology and the market space.

But thanks for reminding me that I would prefer that I would like my store of wealth to be more reliable than my cell phone service so my speculative bet is in Bitcoin and my nest egg is something else.

And I suspect that Mr Dotcom will have as little trouble as almost anyone at assessing the pros, cons, possible risks, and likely rewards of adopting Bitcoin.  But it won't hurt to bless him with your wisdom I suppose.  Maybe he'll caught up a consultant's fee out of thankfulness...but don't hold your breath.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:49:29 AM

This sort of reminds me of the guy who said that the worldwide demand for computers would be four or five, and they guy who decided that 4x10^6 IPv4 addresses should be plenty.  The chief difference is that the guys who made these two mistakes give every indication of having been clever people who understood the technology and the market space.

There are enough. More than enough, even with rich companies hogging entire address ranges with their class A networks. It's called NAT.

So anyway, I've read through this and the articles online and it seems he is completely ignoring the bitcoin suggestions and everyone is ignoring that he is ignoring them. I don't use twitter though. Thoughts on this?

tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 07:26:04 AM

No one has invited him by twitter to join this thread?

Could be interesting

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Bro

Activity: 218

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:13:33 PM

he's probably butthurt about bitcoin because one million people asked him 'hey why didn't you use bitcoin?? you would still have all your money!'
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:21:49 PM

There are enough. More than enough, even with rich companies hogging entire address ranges with their class A networks. It's called NAT.

So anyway, I've read through this and the articles online and it seems he is completely ignoring the bitcoin suggestions and everyone is ignoring that he is ignoring them. I don't use twitter though. Thoughts on this?

I just figured he was the average twitter user: just scream endless into the void and hope someone cares....without actually caring what others on twitter say Cheesy

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:50:20 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2012, 01:06:51 PM by psy

How can he be ignoring those suggestons if he is retweeting them? Huh
Have you seen him retweet any other payment provider suggestion besides Bitcoin?
He also retweeted Matonis article on Forbes. https://twitter.com/ForbesTech/status/223409880755740672
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: