Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:25:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Filing a police report and fraud accusation with the BBB against Coinbase  (Read 688 times)
BitcoinDistributor (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:33:35 PM

I have used coinbase many times. There has never been a problem with my account.

I sold 0.32 BTC before the drop for $95.05 and then later 0.185 BTC for $49.55. They never hit my account. They claimed it was an error on my bank's side however, this is false because the info I provided was correct and they even confirmed this (that the account info they had was correct).

I called my bank and they said its not their fault, they never rec'd anything.

Well today, Alex of Coinbase today told me that I'm getting back the BTC I sold. Thats not right. We had a contractual agreement that Coinbase would provide in my bank account $95.05 and $49.55 and now they are backing out of their agreement. That is fraud, no matter how little it is. I am now getting screwed over here as the coins they have returned to me are worth 2/3 the value that they were originally. This is not right.

As little as $50 is, I'm filing a police report and going to the BBB. This company needs to be shut down.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:39:40 PM

It is a long term practice at coinbase that they may not accept your coin and return it to you. Most probably it is under their ToS. I dont think, you'll be able to win this at court except for losing the lawyer bill.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:47:40 PM

I don't know what happened or anything about this case, but Coinbase is not a scam. Can you elaborate more about what happened? Sounds like the bank and Coinbase are blaming each other. Classic.
It's not at all clear where the deal went wrong. I believe you that you used your real identity, so I would want to know why it was canceled.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BitcoinDistributor (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:01:03 PM

I don't know what happened or anything about this case, but Coinbase is not a scam. Can you elaborate more about what happened? Sounds like the bank and Coinbase are blaming each other. Classic.
It's not at all clear where the deal went wrong. I believe you that you used your real identity, so I would want to know why it was canceled.
I have sold bitcoin many times to Coinbase, and had cash deposited to my bank of america account, I've never had an issue. This time, I made two sales and a week later no money. They make those sales on exchanges to arb their profits and guarantee their success. They owe me $144.60 and are saying they want to give me back the BTC which I made clear I don't want. The agreement was for $144.60 and I have two working bank accounts attached to coinbase prior to this. They said the ACH payment was reversed because they couldn't locate account however my own bank says they never rec'd any ACH payment or anything and I've never had an issue receiving payments.

I reconfirmed my account numbers and all with coinbase. It was obviously a problem on their end and yet they refuse to honor their contract. They bought my BTC for USD. I want the USD. I did nothing wrong, all account numbers were correct and all so how can they reverse the sale? Oh look the market rate went down 40% I see why they did it.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
Faceboss

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:05:19 PM

I have used coinbase many times. There has never been a problem with my account.

I sold 0.32 BTC before the drop for $95.05 and then later 0.185 BTC for $49.55. They never hit my account. They claimed it was an error on my bank's side however, this is false because the info I provided was correct and they even confirmed this (that the account info they had was correct).

Well today, Alex of Coinbase today told me that I'm getting back the BTC I sold. Thats not right. We had a contractual agreement that Coinbase would provide in my bank account $95.05 and $49.55 and now they are backing out of their agreement. That is fraud, no matter how little it is. I am now getting screwed over here as the coins they have returned to me are worth 2/3 the value that they were originally. This is not right.

As little as $50 is, I'm filing a police report and going to the BBB. This company needs to be shut down.
I had a problem last year and coinbase admitted fault and refunded the fee.It was the only problem and I have used them almost 2 years now.Maybe they are changing ?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:09:34 PM

I don't know what their TOS says, but your request seems reasonable to me. Your claim that you are receiving less value than contracted is hard to argue against (math always wins). If they say in their TOS that settlements are in BTC then you might be stuck, the TOS is also a signed contract.

They may still work with you on this. In the interactions I have had with their leadership they have been professional. I hope they can come to a solution that works for you and I would not give up on that yet.

BitcoinDistributor (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:12:06 PM

I don't know what their TOS says, but your request seems reasonable to me. Your claim that you are receiving less value than contracted is hard to argue against (math always wins). If they say in their TOS that settlements are in BTC then you might be stuck, the TOS is also a signed contract.

They may still work with you on this. In the interactions I have had with their leadership they have been professional. I hope they can come to a solution that works for you and I would not give up on that yet.

They haven't. Alex refuses to do anything and I told him I am a filing a case simply for my $144.60, the amount agreed upon. He pointed me to section 9.3 of TOS which doesn't say anything defending their agreed purchase price.

I even asked if they could send the ACH of $144.60 to my other bank account, or at least try to. They of course said no.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:16:37 PM

They haven't. Alex refuses to do anything and I told him I am a filing a case simply for my $144.60, the amount agreed upon. He pointed me to section 9.3 of TOS which doesn't say anything defending their agreed purchase price.

I even asked if they could send the ACH of $144.60 to my other bank account, or at least try to. They of course said no.

Hmmm. That's a -1 in my cool book then.

BitcoinDistributor (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:30:07 PM

Hmmm. That's a -1 in my cool book then.

Filed a BBB complaint just now against them asking for $144.60 in check or payment to my other bank account. I even fair warned them of such and said just make this right in the next hour and I will drop the complaint before submitting it. Their responses went cold of course.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:53:30 PM

Any type of contact with American police can turn deadly (seriously stay away), I hope you live to share the results of your efforts.

Thresh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:55:14 PM

I noticed coinbase doesnt have a physical address lol... or I cant seem to find it.
btcmner

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:41:43 PM

Why don't you file a police report and fraud accusation with the BBB against your bank ?

Mining for fun.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:59:03 AM

I noticed coinbase doesnt have a physical address lol... or I cant seem to find it.

of course not. the pose as being a "corporation" but they have NO phone number or address.

These exchangers are fishy, thieves and unregulated. They cannot be if they deal with an anonymous system like Bitcoin.

They must be reported as unlicensed money transmitter.

Bitinstant's owner is in jail for that. You must be stupid to be fucked by CoinBase and not making a complaint to FINCEN or http://www.dbo.ca.gov/

Coinbase is from San Francisco, CA.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: