Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How likely is an adoption/infrasture as the 3rd bubble?
Very Likely - 2 (28.6%)
Unlikely - 2 (28.6%)
No Clue - 3 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin/alts adoption/infrasture the next bubble?  (Read 545 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:36:54 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 07:48:56 AM by Searing

Well kinda being an ass here...but here goes...

The question is bitcoin/and alts doomed from the first 2 bubbles of price and
excessive mining (imho) as an investment (compared to price and demand)
to be the 3rd bubble...as yet another roller coaster drop and
balloon going pop?

1) 2013- 2014 price bubble popped...ie slammed..

2) 2014-2015 (now) the miner/data hall bubble popped...too much resources into miners/data halls vs demand/price crash
for demand/adoption and useage...ie mining...slammed...

3) 2015-2016? the adoption/USEAGE?infrastruture/as an actual means of use for bitcoin/and alts...is that the next bubble to pop?
   (ie slowdown of bitcoin/altcoin/adoption due to above other 2 bubbles with price tanking and press FUD) and way too much mining
   (i hope not just saying)

hope I am incorrect....but if adoption  is the next bubble we are all screwed imho....how likely do you think it is to happen
due to the price bubble going pop and now the issues with a mining bubble imho? ...see the poll...

In my own uninformed manner it seems like if price tanks/mining is no longer profitable vs difficulty and price for most of us
big and small ....and cloud mining as well is in this boat...can useage of bitcoin and adoption be the next likely to pop?

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bulletin

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:46:56 AM

I hope you are worng man.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:56:19 AM

I hope you are worng man.

I too hope I am wrong an argument could be made ...that price and mining bubbles popping
COULD make adoption and the infrastructure of bitcoin/ and or alts MORE stable and further
the adoption of alt coins....but the way the market is bounced around on speculation and
such I wonder if the weight of price bubble going pop and miners/data hall issues with too
much (imho) equipment vs price of btc and difficulty...that this 3rd shoe will drop.

But again the argument above COULD BE for this to be a good thing for bitcoin/alts
less of a mining race....less speculation on bubbles (now that they are flat) in both
mining expansion and price....so maybe just maybe adoption/infrasture would be a
modest growth type of thing...not just another bubble ready to pop downward

anyway just voicing my fears here....could be this is all a good thing for adoption
and infrasture of bitcoin useage world wide....but just saying ...gonna be a lot
of angst/press fud etc with all the above slowed to more modest..hopefully
stable pace of growth ...just wondering if adoption/infrasture can resist the impulse
to implode with the first 2 bubbles in mind

feel free to chime in ...probably i have not phrased all this correctly but hopefully
people see where I'm going for with my concerns

(bitcoin/alts are very very mysterious to me...you betcha)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 08:07:50 AM

What this boils down to is bitpay & co and the claim that this means merchant adoption, which I view as fishy.
If there is an adoption bubble that would be what it is centered about.
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:14:37 AM

I don't think the usage or the infrastructure will be the bubble to pop.
The one think might be the adoption, as people would be too scared of the volatility.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: