Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Satoshi Nakamoto Remains Anonymous  (Read 8084 times)
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:34:04 PM

Satoshi seems to have made this to bring anonymity to the world, and also, there may be threats for this to be taken down by Higher Authorities to him if they were knowing him, then it's just fine for everyone and especially, for him to remain anonymous only... Smiley
Who knows whether he's Satoshi only who made it or he just gave this name to himself? Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:37:27 PM

Bitcoin and Satoshi is generated by AI Skynet.

(BitCoin)

1) Bitcoin is only general AI for now.

2) Smart contracts are single-minded even for (AI)'s; while some may have very advanced pattern recognition or legal thinking modules the "only" thing they care about is performing their contractual function. They might know major secrets, but if they are written to be quiet about them they will remain quiet no matter what.

3) It can reach the point where your own pc, house, car or phone might be hired by a contract to check certain information. A high tech "wire tap" investigation of sorts built into the agreement of the contract. This would occur when the contract has started to think one of the parts is doing advanced cheating that it cannot detect online.

4) With respect to strong AI, Nick Szabo(as you can read in his blogs) is very close to the problem, and that's the issue. Like any good engineer/scientist, he sees problems everywhere. Yes, there are many problems before we get to strong AI. That's not news. There were many problems to resolve before people could pay a small sum of money and let a giant metal tube take them through the air to a destination halfway round the world without killing them - but those problems got resolved, one by one. Many problems do not amount to an impossibility, only a damn hard problem (which we knew strong AI was anyway).

5) You do see a lot of it in books and movies, some very well thought. Referring back to Nicks blogs, his other assertion, that the concept of the singularity is a fantasy, Nick's main argument is that the singularity will only last "for a time", and that it will turn into a classic S-curve. He waves Feynman's name around as supporting evidence, but does not address the fact that intelligence (and artificial intelligence in particular) is not subject to the Malthusian laws which have caused other phenomena to follow S-curves. Yes, we only have access to so many particles, but the whole point of exponential AI is figuring out better ways to use the same number of particles. There may be a theoretical limit to how efficiently we can use those particles, but even so there are a lot of particles, and if we can manufacture even just human-equivalent computing matter in factories, that's already enough to achieve a singularity.

(Satoshi)

6) Tim May quote: “Anyone contemplating building such a system, or entity, or cybercorporation, should think long and hard about the wisdom of ever having an identifiable nexus of attack. Money must be collected in untraceable ways. This is what I meant about it being time to rethink the theory of the corporation.”

"Where once a corporation existed to both protect the rights of shareholders (against lawsuits and partners having to pay for losses) and to enable the group participation of many workers, corporations for the things Cypherpunks think are interesting is just a bad idea. And given the growing trend toward trying to prosecute the V.P of Yahoo-Europe because some bit of Nazi history was sold to some German citizen, etc., corporations are becoming a liability in cyberspace”.

"The answer is to vanish into cyberspace. Not an easy task, maybe, given the state of today’s tools, but the long term trend".

7) Ray Dillenger (Bear) quote: “Look, (Satoshi) was a construction made explicitly for the purpose of launching Bitcoin……That purpose is fulfilled.  The person who created (Satoshi) has no further need for him.  Thus ends the story”.

... and 1 Mio Bitcoins will be untouched and nobody cares if they some day in the future will be used to crash the market in seconds or even for much more evil things. I guess the story will restart on that very day.

Judgement Day.......refers to the day that the artificial intelligence Skynet becomes self-aware and starts a nuclear strike on America, Russia, and other regions, killing three billion people.

Sarah Connor first learned about Judgment Day in 1984 from Kyle Reese, a soldier sent from the future to protect her from an assassination by a Terminator. The exact date has changed due to terminators being sent back in time on several occations.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
S.Boxx

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:46:29 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 02:43:47 PM by S.Boxx

Any arguments that "it's impossible to build such a device" are refuted by our very existence.

Today Bitcoin is "unaware" but everything is being put in place for the next step in the plan "Bitcoin 2.0" with Smart Contracts.

Bitcoin already has become an autonomous agent which utilizes humans to build itself and issues autonomous payments for improvement work done.

Read these two links. This is where the planning of Bitcoin AI started:

Tim May email: (Crypto + Economics + AI = Digital Money Economies)
http://cypherpunks.venona.com/date/1995/09/msg00964.html

Nick Szabo reply:
http://cypherpunks.venona.com/date/1995/09/msg01303.html

The next phase of enlightenment:

Smart contracts are contracts that are not just legal documents but actually active AI code. In the beginning smart contracts are just computer programs that facilitate, verify or enforce the performance of a contract. A simple example would be “digital repo”, where access to certain information or a machine would be granted or not depending on whether one party had paid the other. More advanced digital repo contracts can recognize if the seller went absent or bankrupt, and then allow access with no constraints. Over time the intelligence could increase, allowing contracts to actually gather information, check that they are obeyed and even take action.

http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/548/469

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502359.0

When based on the same evidence, the predictions of AI "statistical prediction rules" are as reliable as, and are typically more reliable than, the predictions of human experts for problems of social prediction.

Disclaimer: (AI) does not always mean (Singularity).
http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2011/01/singularity.html?m=1
ipoop2much

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:22:49 PM

@ S.Boxx

You forgot #8 on your list......

8. Nick Szabo likes his privacy........ although he IS the guy in the far right hand side of this picture linked below:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890233.msg10025492#msg10025492
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:06:08 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 05:41:04 PM by Billbags

Who the fuck cares wo he/them was /where. I just give a shit about it...

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

That quote is not just from an X-Man movie.....

Its from a dystopian novel Titled "1984" by George Orwell published in 1949.

The statement is saying that history is written by the victors. Basically, we are taught by powers of the present how to view the past, and our views of the past affect how we endeavor to build the future.

It is the victor who writes the history books, controls the press, frames your point of view and offers things to you that you do not need or want.

So with the "who the fuck cares" attitude we give the victor of the present total control of all messages from the past which will influence the people to build the future of the victors desire..... instead of one with freedom, equality and safety that we all deserve and could strive to achieve through unaltered history and knowledge.

The Concept of Bitcoin:

The Internet and Bitcoin were created to allow people to solve social problems in a novel way: Instead of the ancient formula of “the strongest wins and then beats the crap out of the loser” we all can achieve a peaceful society where both rich and poor, strong and weak can protect their property and freedom on more equal grounds without relying on violent institutions like governments.

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 03:17:33 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 09:01:19 PM by Billbags

Why would this guy NOT want to be anonymous?
There are alot more reasons why it's in his best interest to stay unknown then for him to some known figure.

He will remain anonymous. It was designed that way a long time ago. Read #6 & #7 from the S.Boxx post above.....it's just when you research where he could have came from, you find the hidden information that really explains The Bitcoin Revolution.........

Those that are familiar with Satoshi’s work already know Bitcoin was not a whim. It was decades of contemplation, study and waiting on the advancements of systems needed for modern implementation. Satoshi could foresee future technology and change occurring in the world because of the solution he knew existed (HyperMoney), and because he could see so far into our past. Satoshi seems to have surpassed Adam Smith by learning much more from the history of the Indians than anyone could have known.
http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/bios/Smith.html
http://www.adamsmith.org/research/reports/cryptocurrency-gets-real/
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/shelling-out/

Take into account the level of genius thinking and preparation that was involved in creating and launching Bitcoin anonymously. No one will ever find any solid proof to reveal Sotoshi Nakamoto's true name. He designed it that way........

Remember, Bitcoin is an example of equilibrium game theory that has been rethought to include a slight deviation for it to work. Assume that every aspect about Bitcoin was very well thought out from the very beginning and that is what allows Satoshi to always stay several steps ahead of us and them.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:52:46 PM

Why would this guy NOT want to be anonymous?
There are alot more reasons why it's in his best interest to stay unknown then for him to some known figure.

He will remain anonymous. It was designed that way a long time ago. Read #6 & #7 from the S.Boxx post above.....it's just when you research where he could have came from, you find the hidden information that really explains The Bitcoin Revolution.........

Those that are familiar with Satoshi’s work already know Bitcoin was not a whim. It was decades of contemplation, study and waiting on the advancements of systems needed for modern implementation. Satoshi could foresee future technology and change occurring in the world because of the solution he knew existed (HyperMoney), and because he could see so far into our past. Satoshi seems to have surpassed Adam Smith by learning much more from the history of the Indians than anyone could have known.
http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/bios/Smith.html
http://www.adamsmith.org/research/reports/cryptocurrency-gets-real/
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/shelling-out/

Take into account the level of genius thinking and preparation that was involved in creating and launching Bitcoin anonymously. No one will ever find any solid proof to reveal Sotoshi Nakamoto's true name. He designed it that way........

Remember, Bitcoin is an example of equilibrium game theory that has been rethought to include a slight deviation for it to work. Assume that every aspect about Bitcoin was very well thought out from the very beginning and that is what allows Satoshi to always stay several steps ahead of us and them.

If this is true and he is still alive, it would be interesting to know, why he is sitting on 1 Mio. BTC like Uncle $crooge. He wants to rule the world, when a BTC is 100000$ or maybe he want's to avoid someone else having more coins in the future than himself?
Any plausible cause anyone?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:56:48 PM

I am sure this question keeps bugging lot of folks like me. My guesses

1 SN (I will use SN because I don't know if it is a he/she or they) foresaw what we have seen happening with BTC (and copies/improvements) in the last seven years and didn't want to be known as the originator of such a course of events

2 SN was a government agent; which government should be easy to guess. After finishing the mandate such a person/group will obviously need to stay away from claiming it.

Thanks for your wise inputs.

The recent case with Aaron Swartz shows how he could have got into shit load of trouble if he hadn't remained anonymous. The Government would have files stupid cases against him.
Probably he foresaw something like this.

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:03:00 PM

1 SN (I will use SN because I don't know if it is a he/she or they) foresaw what we have seen happening with BTC (and copies/improvements) in the last seven years and didn't want to be known as the originator of such a course of events

2 SN was a government agent; which government should be easy to guess. After finishing the mandate such a person/group will obviously need to stay away from claiming it.

The recent case with Aaron Swartz shows how he could have got into shit load of trouble if he hadn't remained anonymous. The Government would have files stupid cases against him.

Yeah, he's just the biggest single entity there is when it comes to Bitcoin. People could even just decide to believe he's still in possession of his old private keys to the first coins and try to threaten him. It's better to remain anonymous, I believe!

cheekychap

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:05:35 PM

Yeah, he's just the biggest single entity there is when it comes to Bitcoin. People could even just decide to believe he's still in possession of his old private keys to the first coins and try to threaten him. It's better to remain anonymous, I believe!

I see a lot of people complaining about him still having private keys with over a million coins, but he hasn't actually ever used them. If you wanted to be a billionaire, he could have sold them at over 1000$(ofcourse which would have driven the pricer back to less than 100,but could have been done slowly.) But he didn't, and I don't see why they would threaten him.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:15:15 AM

Yeah, he should remain anonymous. I think the whole idea of him creating a decentralized system requiring no trust is very important for him. That's also why he gradually withdrew from mining. He sort of gave his project in the hands of the whole world. He didn't want to be a single authority.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
PaulPierce

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:01:44 AM

I guess he knew Bitcoin was gonna be Popular at the him Bitcoin was invented so he remained anonymous from the very beginning.
I heard somewhere that someone warned him  his Tor Ip was leaked and if satoshi didn't pay some bitcoins to the person, The Person was gonna sell his real ip in an Auction in the Dark Web! Some Possible Reasons For him to Be anonymous are:
1) Maybe He Isn't Alive! Cry
2) Maybe He Doesn't want to Take Credits!
3) Maybe He is not a human Tongue (I don't mean he is a dog or a donkey..Maybe "Satoshi" the alien went to his own planet!)

I don't know about 1) and 2) But I think 3) is more scientific and True Tongue Lol

I think 2nd is most sensible at this point of time.!

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:23:47 AM

why carry the burden of fame when you can remain anonymous and get only the benefits of it without the bad side?

cheekychap

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:25:36 AM

why carry the burden of fame when you can remain anonymous and get only the benefits of it without the bad side?
The fame part is not always a burden. Specially not when you are something like a great scholar.

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:45:33 AM

The fame part is not always a burden. Specially not when you are something like a great scholar.
I dont see how you need recognition when you are a great scholar.
Unless you want to be a movie star like Tom Cruise, fame is not needed.
therealwatcher

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:09:43 PM

I think the NSA created Bitcoin in order to create a more complicated playing field that they can ask for more funding to Control.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:40:02 AM

i do not know what kind SN
i did not know he was alive or not
i am not sure whether real or fake names SN
i actually do not really care; D
the important thing is I am grateful for bitcoin
and yahhh only that, thanks for bitcoin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:49:32 AM

It's easy to track him down.

We have a lot of what he has written, so we analyze it and find matches.

We may even find out that he is many people.

I will respect his wish for anonymity.

Perhaps he remains anonymous because he doesn't want his life to change.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:58:56 AM

its probably yes
i think he's the type of person who likes to be behind the screen Cheesy

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
therealwatcher

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:09:47 AM

It might also be that it's illegal to create new currencies in most countries. And that such a fortune in bitcoins would be a constant target.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: