Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:31:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Satoshi Nakamoto Remains Anonymous  (Read 8082 times)
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:26:11 AM

If SN was alive, I am pretty scared about the financial power he already has. He can destroy many lives with just a few mouseclicks and nobody will ever know the real person behind it. Imagine, when the price climbs to 10000$, he has 10 Bio USD. That money already buys an entire country like Liechtenstein. Imagine ISIS were in possesion of that amount? Do we know that Satoshi didn't convert and is planning something evil?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:01:35 PM

I think that SN have very good reasons to remain Anonymous.
First, if bitcoin community will know his true identity, probably thousands people will try to reach him, ask for help, support etc.
Second, government agencies like IRS may become interested in his income, if he report and paid taxes...
Third, he now have freedom to do whatever he want, spend time with family, enjoy life, travel around the world...
I really ca<n understand why he choose this path.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:41:04 PM

If SN was alive, I am pretty scared about the financial power he already has. He can destroy many lives with just a few mouseclicks and nobody will ever know the real person behind it. Imagine, when the price climbs to 10000$, he has 10 Bio USD. That money already buys an entire country like Liechtenstein. Imagine ISIS were in possesion of that amount? Do we know that Satoshi didn't convert and is planning something evil?

When Bitcoin goes 10K, I dont think the purchasing power of the dollar will be exactly the same as it is now, so these 10 billion USD may not be worth the current 10 billion. The question is, what is the purchasing power of 1 BTC if the USD goes to shit?
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:08:24 PM

When Bitcoin goes 10K, I dont think the purchasing power of the dollar will be exactly the same as it is now, so these 10 billion USD may not be worth the current 10 billion. The question is, what is the purchasing power of 1 BTC if the USD goes to shit?

When BTC was 1200$ it had almost the same purchasing power as it has now. There is no need for the $ to fail for Bitcoin to raise in price.

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
hikedoon

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:22:53 PM

Grin
Satoshi was walking in Bitcoinland one day when he spotted 12 Bitcoiners fishing.
As he was watching,1 of the Bitcoiners said "Let's make sure were all here,it would be a terrible shame if 1 of us has drowned!There was 12 of us left to go fishing so i'll count to make sure were all still here."So he points at them and starts counting " 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11? Oh no,1 of us has drowned,OH, NO!".
 Then another of the Bitcoiners starts counting"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11!  Oh no 1 of us has drowned right enough"
 Soon all the Bitcoiners have counted the same way and ALL come to 11.
                                They were making a terrible noise wailing and whining.
  All the while Satoshi is watching and shaking his head in disgust at the stupidity of the Bitcoiners.Every 1 of them had forgotten to count themselves.
     So Satoshi walks down to them and asks "what's the problem Bitcoiners?Why are you making such a noise with your awful whining?"
    Oh sir they say" 12 of us went fishing,but we all count 11 of us now,1 of us must be drowned. So were wailing and whining as loud as we can,could you help us please?"
    So Satoshi say's "I'll help you.Walk past me 1 at a time."
    As Each Bitcoiner walked by Satoshi he slapped each 1 in the face."1" slap,"2" slap,"3" slap......He slapped and numbered all 12 of them.
    When he slapped the 12th Bitcoiner they all started cheering and thanking Satoshi furiously for saving 1 of them from drowning.
    "will you come to our homes and let us thank you for saving us" said the Bitcoiners.
                                           "No" said Satoshi.
 "i'm leaving Bitcoinland and i won't be back till i find 12 people in the world that are stupider than you"

Roll Eyes
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:24:49 PM

This video is kind of funny because as Gavin is explaining what really happened with Satoshi, there is a guy(Legendary Member) in full conspiracy mode talking right over what Gavins trying to tell us. This may be the point that Gavin and Satoshi decided to let the stories run wild, because this video shows the conspiracy theories are more fascinating than the truth that Gavin was trying to let us know.

Start @01:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDRwgbWkxFw

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:27:35 PM

He doesn't want his life to be in danger. Also, the fact that "Satoshi" controls addresses for over 1 million BTC is an unresolved issue that could greatly damage Bitcoin in the future.

Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:12:08 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 12:47:15 AM by Billbags

i do not know what kind SN
i did not know he was alive or not
i am not sure whether real or fake names SN
i actually do not really care; D
the important thing is I am grateful for bitcoin
and yahhh only that, thanks for bitcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=927452.msg10232241#msg10232241

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:24:43 AM

probabely he dont want to get involved in goverment investigations and he want his family to be safe from kidnappers and terrorists

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:29:41 AM

probabely he dont want to get involved in goverment investigations and he want his family to be safe from kidnappers and terrorists
For some reason I dont see Satoshi as a classic family guy... guy's probably a lone wolf that enjoys being lonely investing amazing techy things.
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 01:41:58 AM

if you were worth $500 mil in untraceable currency would you tell anyone about it? no .. fucking .. way

wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:40:56 AM

It's easy to track him down.

We have a lot of what he has written, so we analyze it and find matches.

We may even find out that he is many people.

I will respect his wish for anonymity.

Perhaps he remains anonymous because he doesn't want his life to change.

NO , you never know what he wrote was represent him in any way , i think he had this in mind from day 1 that one day he will hide himself

Eastfist

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:13:02 PM

Maybe it was a high school assignment and he had to write it with a pseudonym. Doesn't mean he wants to be anonymous.
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:49:12 AM

if you were worth $500 mil in untraceable currency would you tell anyone about it? no .. fucking .. way

Many people actually do that, when they made big money on a legal way.
Also it makes no sense to hide because of the money you have, when you don't even spend something of it - if it was as "untracable" as you imply.
Why not officially burning 1 Mio BTC then for the peace of mind?

nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:39:18 AM

Probably yeah..that could be the case..!
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:32:38 PM

He doesn't want his life to be in danger. Also, the fact that "Satoshi" controls addresses for over 1 million BTC is an unresolved issue that could greatly damage Bitcoin in the future.

The day he decides to spend his BTC, his anonymity would come to an end.  Smiley
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:47:37 PM

Maybe it was a high school assignment and he had to write it with a pseudonym. Doesn't mean he wants to be anonymous.
You mean he created the entire Bitcoin protocol for a high school assignment and used a pseudonim to release it? lol, good one Cheesy
Eastfist

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:28:43 AM

You mean he created the entire Bitcoin protocol for a high school assignment and used a pseudonim to release it? lol, good one Cheesy

Creating a pseudonym was part of the assignment. "Nick Szabo" and "Wei Dai" are also pseudonyms of his classmates. As far as it being "released", that was never his intention.
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:53:43 AM

It can be real name or acronym.

Perhaps it's a real name, there are at least 30 combinations based on Japanese while the surname is only one.

Perhaps it's an acronym of Samsung,Toshiba,Nakamichi and Motorola ,one of their secret projects due to the nature.

Nakamichi in company's detail, known as making high-quality CD players. However CD players can turn into an security system with properly modified.

while the remaining three, may be one of their divisions.

Motorola is good at mobility, also security is considered.
Toshiba and Samsung are good at storage.
Nakamichi is good at designing DSP.

With the view above, I am asking why it is very familiar with my study? Why the eagle allow this?

Perhaps the being fulfills the fast preparation with strong security.

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:17:07 AM

I don't know why! but who cares, he gave us THE BITCOIN and if he decides to not show himself , let it be!
It's his decision , i could care less Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: