Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:29:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling All Legendary, Hero & Informed Members For Insight  (Read 1204 times)
stellar1 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:14:09 AM

I have been re attracted to altcoin technologies after maybe 8 years. I find fabulous potential fits for component technologies as they have evolved until yesterday. But I find very few genuine applications.

After combing through this forum for over 11 days I find confirmed scams, evolving scams and going to be scams. While nobody can prevent that, and maybe I haven't been able to reach the right stuff, I request informed members to share genuine businesses (or ideas) fuelled by altcoin technologies. To me a business is something that gives more money than it takes; including to its users on a continuing basis.

Thanks for your inputs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:22:48 AM

I have been re attracted to altcoin technologies after maybe 8 years. I find fabulous potential fits for component technologies as they have evolved until yesterday. But I find very few genuine applications.

After combing through this forum for over 11 days I find confirmed scams, evolving scams and going to be scams. While nobody can prevent that, and maybe I haven't been able to reach the right stuff, I request informed members to share genuine businesses (or ideas) fuelled by altcoin technologies. To me a business is something that gives more money than it takes; including to its users on a continuing basis.

Thanks for your inputs.

Save yourself some heartache, time, and money...stay away from alts. You have better odds at the roulette wheel over the long term.
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:31:05 AM

I'm afraid the days of 'make 10k every night' is over for the alts, at least for the foreseeable future.  The bitcoin price has crashed, and since all alts are tied to bitcoin in terms of price, so have majority of their volumes and general interest.

But damn...those were some crazy days. 

Buy x amount of soon-to-be-listed-on-coinmarketcap alt.

Wait.

*shills shill*

PROFIT!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 08:13:16 AM

learn everything about BTC. after that, you can put a small (10-20%) amount in alts i prefer Litecoin.  Wink

http://cryptmarketcap.com/

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 08:17:56 AM

First: wrong section.
2nd: How is this for input: Stay away from the scamcoins.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:42:28 PM

I'm afraid the days of 'make 10k every night' is over for the alts, at least for the foreseeable future.  The bitcoin price has crashed, and since all alts are tied to bitcoin in terms of price, so have majority of their volumes and general interest.

But damn...those were some crazy days.
Indeed Alts have had their high times. And Bitcoin crashes undeniably.

The "tied to bitcoin" btw has nowhere been chipped into stone. First Alt alleviating of from that will make that nip-and-tuck race. Others, who stick with staying bound, will die the same death.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:49:28 PM

I have been re attracted to altcoin technologies after maybe 8 years.

I find that unlikely.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:53:10 AM

I find that unlikely.

Exactly the same thing I was going to say.

You can tell which ones of us have been around for a while.

Perhaps he was indeed mining Timecoin back in 2007 with a Flux Capacitor Powered Pentium D.

~BCX~

Not impossible to believe OP, alternative currencies, and even cryptocurrencies, where around long before bitcoin.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:47:57 AM

I find that unlikely.

Perhaps he was indeed mining Timecoin back in 2007 with a Flux Capacitor Powered Pentium D.

~BCX~

PS Good to see you didn't meet Death and are still alive paying Taxes!

LOOOOL

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
stellar1 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:16:12 AM

I find that unlikely.

~BCX~

PS Good to see you didn't meet Death and are still alive paying Taxes!

LOOOOL

After seeing the bitcoin project on sourceforge.net in 2007 maybe I could easily sense its future value but couldn't predict when. Even the originator of BTC was most likely mining for the first 6 or 7 months absolutely alone. Why ? Not enough believed in it to mine with him.

And when you hear in mainstream media that BTC has crossed USD 1000 you know you have missed another bus. Everybody seems to be saying buy at current levels but I happen to have some prop trading experience in index futures and commodities.

So it happens I have a business problem (in the last month) to solve and after considerable research of alternatives, the blockchain technology is a fabulous fit. In fact its evolution seems to be even better.

This forum seemed to be the first stop. So you spend considerable time to learn about all the confirmed, evolving and going to be scams. And then comes this earnest request to all informed members to share their insight.

Thanks for sharing.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 06:37:35 AM

After seeing the bitcoin project on sourceforge.net in 2007 maybe I could easily sense its future value but couldn't predict when. Even the originator of BTC was most likely mining for the first 6 or 7 months absolutely alone. Why ? Not enough believed in it to mine with him.

And when you hear in mainstream media that BTC has crossed USD 1000 you know you have missed another bus. Everybody seems to be saying buy at current levels but I happen to have some prop trading experience in index futures and commodities.

So it happens I have a business problem (in the last month) to solve and after considerable research of alternatives, the blockchain technology is a fabulous fit. In fact its evolution seems to be even better.

This forum seemed to be the first stop. So you spend considerable time to learn about all the confirmed, evolving and going to be scams. And then comes this earnest request to all informed members to share their insight.

Thanks for sharing.

thats nice dear.

ok now I agree with the above posters who called the OP out Shocked

stellar1 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:56:39 AM

While I remain grateful for all inputs to this thread, I once again request informed members to share genuine businesses (or ideas) fuelled by altcoin technologies. To me a business is something that gives more money than it takes; including to its users on a continuing basis.

Thanks again for your insight..
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:06:12 AM

XPY bro.

trustworthy dev
superb technology
exchange,debit card, marketplace all in one place
huge community & supporters who won't let it die
mining difficulty increasing on daily basis
dev who is always online
separate forum
hard working people

profit??

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
yobloggs

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:14:51 AM

Why would they give business ideas away for free?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 07:14:48 AM

He announced it towards the end of 2008 and the network started on January 2rd, 2009.

stellar1 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:57:46 PM

He announced it towards the end of 2008 and the network started on January 2rd, 2009.

I said maybe not definitely. Thanks for pointing out. Which should validate that OP was not mining TimeCoin or any other for that matter. The purpose of this thread is to discuss legit biz around the technologies that drive BTC.

Thanks

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 03:13:28 PM

it is okay to admit your are a newbie.  no need to say you were checking out Bitcoin when Satoshi was mining alone. 

if you want to have a good business.  learn how to code, figure out how to make a blockchain with no bloat, can process 10,000 transactions per second, and is very secure so that thefts don't happen. 

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 03:20:35 PM

also, 99% of the people on here when/if they come up with an idea for the next big thing aren't just sitting around waiting for a newbie to come around asking for business ideas so that they can just give the newbie a million dollar idea. 

stellar1 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:56:32 PM

also, 99% of the people on here when/if they come up with an idea for the next big thing aren't just sitting around waiting for a newbie to come around asking for business ideas so that they can just give the newbie a million dollar idea. 

Thanks for the advice. Should I stop combing this forum for genuine businesses or ideas fuelled by altcoin technologies ?
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:15:20 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 10:34:59 PM by mymenace

Thanks for the advice. Should I stop combing this forum for genuine businesses or ideas fuelled by altcoin technologies ?

Yeah i think so, it is a bitcoin forum

look at the consistent marketcap of your alt you are interested in, of course the higher the consistent marketcap the stronger the network and dev team

look at Litecoin, namecoin, ppcoin, darkcoin etc and emerging alts that are backed by investors - ripple, ethereum

check out their forums and you will find genuine businesses or ideas fuelled by altcoin technologies

of course with a username like stellar I am sure you have heard of this alt

try here as well http://www.coinssource.com/

Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: