Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I will pay you $1000 if you can attack MMXIV. You have 33 days.  (Read 3975 times)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 09:44:14 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 10:31:34 PM by iGotSpots

I've been hearing a lot of talk about proof of stake being vulnerable. Honestly, I'm sick of reading about what can be done but seeing very small impacts being made to insignificant markets. I believe MMXIV has come far enough where conventional means are no longer a concern and staking in a stable market is more profitable than mining any other coin, so people have incentive to help keep the blockchain safe. Prove me wrong

I will pay you $1000 worth of MMXIV if you can do enough damage for me to admit defeat. At 5.5% daily staking, that $1000 will start compounding the next day. Of course, if anyone were to lose funds due to malicious activity, I'll cover it out of my own pocket. Let's see a double spend, time warp, nothing at stake, whatever the fuck you can throw at it. I've been out of the loop for a while; everything I know about I believe we are immune to, but I don't want to say it's secure if it's not

Leaving this unmoderated, so don't be assholes or I'll remake it self mod. I won't be posting many replies in here, but will be watching any discussions and attempts. Thread will be locked in 37 days; one week to set up, one full staking cycle to get paid. By late February I'll be bored of watching you fail and could use one less thread to track

Maieuticoin Launch Thread

Code:
Block info for Maieuticoin
Block:      117,833
Block Time: 57s
Block Size: 1000
Checkpoint:
Hash:     a5968d6bd3139ce0f9f8c286f035bfbc4f691feca7a80c4a8db88b4e86a35f7c
Height:   117,733
Time:     2015-01-17 03:21:34 UTC
Stake Weight: 20,934.35323943
Money Supply: 12,575.821958

We'll use Bittrex for our example, since our presence on Poloniex is rather weak. There are currently 192.933064 MMXIV for sale at any price for 19.6224 BTC. This means roughly 1.5% of the coins are currently for sale at any price, up to 10 BTC each. Maieuticoin has enough incentive to hold that people will secure the blockchain in exchange for securing their future financial freedom through a flailing Bitcoin market. At this point, I personally consider this network unattackable. With a network stake weight that is, on average, more than twice the entire coin supply that's been created in the past 9 months of being live, I don't see any past problems being a concern. I know a lot of you are smart and may be able to figure something out, which helps us make sure this isn't a bullshit claim

In the past few years some of you may have disliked my methods and others consider me insignificant. I'm good with both those opinions, so keep this thread on topic. I've spent a lot of my time learning more than trading and have discussed vulnerabilities with many very reputable members of this community. I am well aware of why and how things are possible and work. In fact, there are at least 6 that are not very well known that are not hard to pull off, but none of which I see being a threat to this coin. The market cap is still low enough that $1000 is a good return for the amount you would spend to trying to claim the bounty. At 5.5% daily stake, the stake weight you accumulate will more than pay for itself in less than three weeks. I'm not being arrogant, I'm being confident. I want to ensure this is what I say it is before we take the market cap to the next level. We've already flirted with a million and it's not that far off again. Perfect time to put mainnet to the ultimate test; a public challenge and stress test for the network before shipping batch 2 of the standalone staking units

An attack will be defined as an attempt that halts markets on, or triggers significant alerts from, all major exchanges, and an issue that requires immediate changes to the source. I will be extremely pleased after the purpose of this thread has passed because MMXIV as a whole wins whether this challenge ends up as a success or a failure. Good luck

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noganoo

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:53:24 AM

I love you, Spots.  <3
jaypete

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:06:08 AM

nobody will be success...impossible lol
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:13:59 PM

Why would anyone attack it, when they can just wait for you to destroy it yourself like you did with BALLS?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 03:22:15 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 05:22:04 PM by AdamWhite

I bought some MMXIV and staking it, but why not start a new test coin to issue your challenge?.. you're very confident but if someone does succeed I doubt you will compensate holders when the price of your broken coin plummets to zero.. seems somewhat irresponsible  Angry
robmob

Activity: 658

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 03:50:55 PM

Wouldn't getting the Ip's of the staking servers and taking them offline do the trick, correct me if I am wrong?

Crypto Currency Communityhttp://cryptoinfinity.com

Donate BTC:15YMgV1nb97bpRqBT7CEf6ryo37gqeeRpL
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:55:46 PM

Why would anyone attack it, when they can just wait for you to destroy it yourself like you did with BALLS?

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 06:16:48 PM

Hahahahahaha......don't forget SPTS and CPR and TIX!

I do have to admit your schemes tend to pump pretty well at first, but they tend to add to a growing mob of angry investors out for your head.

You been pushing MMXIV forever now and clearly no one cares.  Gimme a heads up on your next coin though, I made 4 BTC off the initial BALLS pump on polo so thanks for that.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 06:39:03 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 06:50:37 PM by iGotSpots

It's funny how the loudest haters are still making money off anything I do, but I am impervious to your words, just like MMXIV is impervious to attack. If you hate me so much, you should want my $1000

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:20:51 PM

Scamcoin? Is it true?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 07:30:43 PM

Scamcoin? Is it true?

I made one small mistake on a timestamp that allowed BALLS to switch to a new protocol and staking system. It actually helps control the inflation of 1000% stake combined with extremely high fees. I made a mistake, but in the long term it is far better than allowing the supply to get quickly out of hand

It's just slow now because people don't understand how the new staking works. I fucked up the short term, but it's a long term hold and if you were just staking it long it had no affect on you. It only stopped people from buying, staking a few days, then dumping. Not the kind of buyers we are looking for anyway

I didn't fix it because we already have hardware staking units delivered. Making them update it immediately on receipt is not fair. BALLS was never meant to be taken seriously, anyway, as it's clearly stated in the ANN thread. I only made it to stake simultaneously with MMXIV on the Snowball because we had some spare resources available. The coin isn't broken, day traders are just pissed they can't shit on the market anymore

Keep this thread on topic, please, I don't want to make it self mod. There are plenty of 'Fuck iGotSpots' threads you can use for talking shit

ADEMNL

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:22:16 PM

Youre the best spots, greetings from holland Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 11:51:03 PM

Shouldn't BCX get this memo?  lol

Good luck, spots.  Should be fun to watch this!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:33:16 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 01:02:44 AM by iGotSpots

Wouldn't getting the Ip's of the staking servers and taking them offline do the trick, correct me if I am wrong?

There are no staking servers. Our units are now physically shipped to you anywhere in the world. We were the first coin to offer cloud staking 6 months ago and also had no security breaches of any kind. We no longer do cloud staking due to recent legal precedents

robmob

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 01:11:34 AM

There are no staking servers. Our units are now physically shipped to you anywhere in the world. We were the first coin to offer cloud staking 6 months ago and also had no security breaches of any kind. We no longer do cloud staking due to recent legal precedents

Thanks I was unsure about this, You know I supported you sense MMXIV, keep up the good work.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 01:12:37 AM

Thanks I was unsure about this, You know I supported you sense MMXIV, keep up the good work.

Yep, cloud staking was actually me just testing our staking units. Now we actually ship version 2 out globally  Wink

Thanks for staking MMXIV. I hope it's been prosperous for you

robmob

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 01:13:57 AM

Yep, cloud staking was actually me just testing our staking units. Now we actually ship version 2 out globally  Wink

You should of choose the name Brains instead of iGotSpots lol

MobyDick_Poloniex

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:11:13 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 11:27:10 PM by MobyDick_Poloniex

"An attack will be defined as an attempt that halts markets on, or triggers significant alerts from, all major exchanges,"

igotspots,

Are you inviting people to attack exchanges?

Please clarify.  Otherwise, this could mean delisting at Poloniex.  

We don't tolerate practices that are harmful to other coin teams, and our users.  

-Moby

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 08:04:33 AM

"An attack will be defined as an attempt that halts markets on, or triggers significant alerts from, all major exchanges,"

igotspots,

We don't tolerate practices that are harmful to other coin teams, and our users.  

-Moby

You're the only ones that felt the need to raise confirms. It's fairly obvious I mean the blockchain? You can leave them at 6 like Bittrex. Nothing to be scared of

If anyone fucks with an exchange and tries to claim the bounty they will obviously lose out a lot more in the end because that is not the challenge

runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:52:46 AM

igotspots,

Attack successful!  I admit, that was fast.  They raised confirms, so obviously your topic here triggered significant alerts and was a successful attack.  Pay yourself the $1000 as promised.

Or would Bittrex have to raise confirms too before you win?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 11:11:17 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 12:49:15 AM by iGotSpots

In case it's not clear, you must attack the blockchain, not an exchange

MobyDick_Poloniex

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 02:10:19 PM

In case it's not clear, you must attack the blockchain, not an exchange   Roll Eyes

Thanks for clearing this up. 
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:08:46 AM

Tomorrow is the last day to claim the bounty

dE_logics

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:40:22 PM

I'm OP of this thread.

Too bad I didn't even know about this.

BUT

$1000 worth of MMXIV

So after killing the coin I will get the coin that I killed?

And who's going to buy me some stakes?

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 02:37:07 PM

I'm OP of this thread.

Too bad I didn't even know about this.

BUT

$1000 worth of MMXIV

So after killing the coin I will get the coin that I killed?

And who's going to buy me some stakes?

It's not been a secret. You can have discussion threads all you want, but we have a deeper understanding than most people do and are confident no theorycrafting will be successful

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 04:46:05 AM

And the bounty goes unclaimed

edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:58:31 AM

Looks like the security test was successful! So graz on that!

Given they have the knowledge and tech to do it, who would waste their time for 1k usd :/?
MarkMJ

Activity: 714

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:15:14 PM

igotspots,

Please clarify.  Otherwise, this could mean delisting at Poloniex. 

-Moby

Attack successful!  I admit, that was fast.  They raised confirms, so obviously your topic here triggered significant alerts and was a successful attack.  Pay yourself the $1000 as promised.

Or would Bittrex have to raise confirms too before you win?

In case it's not clear, you must attack the blockchain, not an exchange

This is the best NEW Monday Smiley))  Cheesy  Grin

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 05:35:20 PM

Looks like the security test was successful! So graz on that!

Given they have the knowledge and tech to do it, who would waste their time for 1k usd :/?

They would have made a shitload more than that from the saved up stake weight. $1000 was more than what it would have cost to attack it at the time of posting, if it could have been done

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: