Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best online Bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 23622 times)
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:06:50 PM

What about Bittrex.  Its also good wallet
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NABiT

Activity: 318
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:31:16 PM

Bittrex is not a wallet, it's an exchange, not recommended for use as a wallet.

Maybe small amounts for trading, always risky though.

lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:46:50 PM

well you can look at is as a wallet, it has a lot of cryptos so it would be very beneficial to use it
NABiT

Activity: 318
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:59:18 PM

well you can look at is as a wallet, it has a lot of cryptos so it would be very beneficial to use it

I suppose you could and I’m sure many do and I'm not saying don't use it as an exchange, I'm just saying be aware of the risks of leaving any substantial amount at any exchange.

dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:19:46 PM

What about Bittrex.  Its also good wallet

I suppose you could and I’m sure many do and I'm not saying don't use it as an exchange, I'm just saying be aware of the risks of leaving any substantial amount at any exchange.
if you have a lot of bitcoin on exchanger, you must be aware since we dont have and controll the private key, it's like when you stored your bitcoin on coinbase we dont have ultimate controll about our bitcoin
so the best wallet is when you have and controll your own private key
adicted

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:20:52 PM

blockchain.info very popular easy to use and very secure. and now blockchain.info have released the second version and better again

Yes it is popular but talking about the security, I am not sure of it. I am an avid user of blockchain.info wallet before but recently I got some bugs using it, it was resolved though. But I am afraid to encounter any bug again and lose my coins so I decided to import my private key to electrum and now I am happy with a software based one. I would suggest you avoid using web based ones like blockhain.info for more security
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:27:53 PM

Blockchain and Blocktrail are the best online wallets.

You need to use 2FA if you want your online wallets to be secure as can be hacked easily but if users click any malicious links here in this forum or anywhere even in email.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:01:18 PM

You need to use 2FA if you want your online wallets to be secure as can be hacked easily but if users click any malicious links here in this forum or anywhere even in email.
Both of these wallets don't need any verification except for email verification and you can get access to your private key as well. If you are OK with verifying your mobile number, xapo and coinbase are also good.
xqus

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:29:13 AM

Based on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364126.0 i would go for BitGo. However it depends what you are looking for in a wallet.
All of them have the same problem, they are online. But they also have the same advantage, accessibility.

PGP fingerprint: B17233A1 || Bitrated user: xqus ≡ Free trust agent || LocalBitcoins ≡ Buy bitcoins locally
Wallet and Exchange security ≡ A security overview of wallets and exchanges. (forum thread)
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:41:33 AM

save bitcoin in the exchanger is very risky. because you can lose just like that. such problems on crypsty and mt.gox
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:01:52 AM

whenever you think that it is a good idea to use an exchanger as your bitcoin wallet, remember these two recent exchanger incidents:
bter.com which was hacked and lost over 7000BTC
cryptcy which was hacked and closed all its users withdrawals.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:17:59 AM

whenever you think that it is a good idea to use an exchanger as your bitcoin wallet, remember these two recent exchanger incidents:

True, it has always been said to people out here that don't put your coins on exchanges, just use them only when you want to trade them...
After it is finished, you should withdraw them all and never leave a single piece of your coins there...

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:02:09 AM

True, it has always been said to people out here that don't put your coins on exchanges, just use them only when you want to trade them...
After it is finished, you should withdraw them all and never leave a single piece of your coins there...
As far as i know bter is back after the hack but they were unable to pay back the lost funds http://www.coindesk.com/bter-unable-to-repay-customers-following-alleged-exchange-heist/
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:05:49 AM

I never heard bittrex is a good wallet and i think this is not the best option to use.. Its better to use coinbase or blockchain as our web wallet.
Or electrum for our laptop or desktop pc to store our bitcoins even its offline but you need to sync it in server in order to receive bitcoin or to send bitcoins transactions..
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:24:28 AM

save bitcoin in the exchanger is very risky. because you can lose just like that. such problems on crypsty and mt.gox

None of the exchanges are supposed to be used to store your coins, and you should withdraw from them as soon as you make the exchange/purchase.
You have so many examples of failed exchanges that "lost" customer funds, it would be simply dumb to be another victim of it.
I would recommend for everyone to use local wallets instead of online ones as well. Be your own bank - that was the idea, so why place trust in third party again ?
jonathgb25

Activity: 140

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:28:12 AM

You can use login code that will be sent to email and 2FA code that will be sent to your mobile number. No worries about surfing the web. Cheesy

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:04:02 AM

Xapo is the best i think, not for many bitcoins but for small and daily transactions its the best, because it has no fees on transactions.
But for me xapo is the worst online wallet for me i can't login there fast after 2 factor authentic they send the code to my number but it take long time to receive your verification code.. its better to use coinbase or blockchain as online wallet than that wallet..
Then just download xapo app for your phone as the code will be sent to your app rather than your phone number and it's faster that way Wink

Dont use blockchain as their security is a trash overall
My wallet got hacked twice and yesterday i got an email regarding login attempt even though i havent open it in a months Tongue
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:35:56 AM

Xapo is the best i think, not for many bitcoins but for small and daily transactions its the best, because it has no fees on transactions.
But for me xapo is the worst online wallet for me i can't login there fast after 2 factor authentic they send the code to my number but it take long time to receive your verification code.. its better to use coinbase or blockchain as online wallet than that wallet..
Then just download xapo app for your phone as the code will be sent to your app rather than your phone number and it's faster that way Wink

Dont use blockchain as their security is a trash overall
My wallet got hacked twice and yesterday i got an email regarding login attempt even though i havent open it in a months Tongue

I don't see how you are getting hacked so easily.  I think it's likely you causing it not blockchain.  Do you have 2 factor turned on with it?

You can go pretty deep with 2FA where even if they have a password it does no good without the 2fa item.   So not sure how you got hacked twice if doing that.  Also they would need to know wallet it... which it seems you would provide through compromised device or phising.  So I don't think you can blame them.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:09:16 AM

blochchain.info one, I've been using it for a few years now and I'm very satisfied, didn't have any problems thus far.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
23dzmaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:40:21 AM

For me the best bitcoin wallet is blockchain.info. Because blockchain it's my first bitcoin online wallet and i don't have any online bitcoin wallet. only blockchain.info
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: