Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 07:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have a lot of stories claiming the failure of bitcoin such as surface lately  (Read 761 times)
mewhoyou (OP)

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:25:29 AM

Stories like these

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2015-01-15/bitcoin-may-succeed-as-software-not-medium-of-exchange

are driving bitcoin value down. I believe financial segments are feeling the threat and kill it while it is young before it goes too viral. We are at the redmark millimeters away from mainstream instrument. If there are no story it would not be written worldwide from Financial Guru to the Taxi guy i got a ride from in the morning.

Will it go down or up depends on the community.

Ethereum the Next Big Thing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:10:36 AM

I think you need to be focusing your attention at Mr. Karpeles and the owner of Silk Road.  The press wouldn't have any fodder if there weren't so many scamming scumbags in the btc community to report.

I mean really...do you expect them not to emphasize how the biggest exchange and underground internet drug ring are major components in the pricing downfall?

Ultimately, the bitcoin community has to look at itself.  You created a libertarian currency, so now you have to deal with the bad apples bringing it down by taking advantage of the technology.  'Trust.'
Eamorr

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:18:26 AM

I think you need to be focusing your attention at Mr. Karpeles and the owner of Silk Road.  The press wouldn't have any fodder if there weren't so many scamming scumbags in the btc community to report.

I mean really...do you expect them not to emphasize how the biggest exchange and underground internet drug ring are major components in the pricing downfall?

Ultimately, the bitcoin community has to look at itself.  You created a libertarian currency, so now you have to deal with the bad apples bringing it down by taking advantage of the technology.  'Trust.'

This.

Nail. Head.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:36:10 AM

if it's going up, everyone says it's the next big thing. if it's going down on the ground, everybody loves kicking it even more.  if it goes back up again, everyone will say it's the next big thing again.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
mewhoyou (OP)

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:24:11 PM

I think you need to be focusing your attention at Mr. Karpeles and the owner of Silk Road.  The press wouldn't have any fodder if there weren't so many scamming scumbags in the btc community to report.

Ultimately, the bitcoin community has to look at itself.  You created a libertarian currency, so now you have to deal with the bad apples bringing it down by taking advantage of the technology.  'Trust.'

There are no bad publicity ... It simply show it is what it is ... Decentralize currency with transparency.

Ethereum the Next Big Thing?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:31:55 PM

media is owner by rich people ... wich control BANK.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:56:08 PM

Are these stories of any importance whatsoever?

Maybe they contribute to the short term price fluctuations, or maybe they are the result of them, I don't know. But mostly, they are completely empty fluff pieces or over the top drama, mindless drivel from somebody who has to produce X tech related articles a week as their job.

I don't think they have much affect on the long term view. Tech VCs are still investing in the bitcoin space. Open source developers are still innovating. These are two groups who I don't imagine give much of a damn what the press is writing.

All the press do is play catch up.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 03:01:22 PM

if it's going up, everyone says it's the next big thing. if it's going down on the ground, everybody loves kicking it even more.  if it goes back up again, everyone will say it's the next big thing again.

Lol....so true.  Grin Grin Grin
I remember when it breached the 1000 way point, everybody, even the press were praising bitcoin, saying it will be the next revolutionary thing. Look what it has turned to right now.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 03:09:03 PM

yep, when you dont understand BTC and the potential you will always be like this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=923785.0

Eamorr

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:38:21 PM

if it's going up, everyone says it's the next big thing. if it's going down on the ground, everybody loves kicking it even more.  if it goes back up again, everyone will say it's the next big thing again.

yep, when you dont understand BTC and the potential you will always be like this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=923785.0

Look at you. A Litecoin die-hard.

"In Cryptocoins I Trust".  Shocked

I pity you. I hope, for your sake, that you're still above water.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:42:55 PM

This.
Greed and Fear

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: