Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of coins based on NXT?  (Read 1214 times)
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:28:19 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 10:11:07 PM by Bizmark13

Is there a list of all the coins that are based on NXT?

I know a few that are. There is NeXT Horizon (NHZ), NAS, Bilshares (BILS), NXT Fair Distribution (NFD), FIMKrypto (FIMK), and BURST. NHZ and NAS are fairly straightforward NXT clones. Bilshares is probably a Chinese NXT clone and there seems to be very little information about it on the web. FIMKrypto is a NXT clone for Finland. And BURST removes the proof-of-stake features of NXT and replaces it with an unusual proof-of-capacity mining scheme.

Then you have coins like NEM, NODE, and Crypti which seem to have been either inspired by NXT or were originally meant to be NXT forks but their devs changed their mind.

Finally, you have Qora which share a lot of qualities with NXT and was initially suspected of being a NXT clone until it went open source. Even more confusing is Ora which was originally meant to be a fork of Qora in the form of Kora but which later changed its name and became a coin built on top of the NXT monetary system.

Are there any others that I'm missing?

EDIT: I just found another one called STAG although the coin seems to be down at the moment. It looks like there are quite a few more that I've missed.

EDIT 2: Forgot NTX.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:13:15 PM

You've got pretty much all of the NXT clones that I'm aware of, the only one I'm missing is NTX (really), which launched a few months ago, promising blockchain shrinkage.....it seems to have gone to zero, but I think it's still listed on BTER.

Bilshares is indeed a NXT clone, based on a fairly old version of the NXT software, and STAG is a pet project from one of the NXT team.

Theres also MiCoin, which will launch on NXTs Monetary System soon, but MS coins are going to be pretty common......... Shocked

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:24:15 PM

You've got pretty much all of the NXT clones that I'm aware of, the only one I'm missing is NTX (really), which launched a few months ago, promising blockchain shrinkage.....it seems to have gone to zero, but I think it's still listed on BTER.

Bilshares is indeed a NXT clone, based on a fairly old version of the NXT software, and STAG is a pet project from one of the NXT team.

Theres also MiCoin, which will launch on NXTs Monetary System soon, but MS coins are going to be pretty common......... Shocked

Ah, yes how could I forget NTX? I believe that was the one with the "casting" feature. I wonder what happened to it... Like you said, it looks dead according to CMC.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:58:56 AM

It seems you forgot to mention Equadorian Crypto:

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/monetary-system-coins-the-list

Grin
The Chainmaker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:58:19 PM

OP summary sounds about right to me

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:03:28 PM

BURST - first and only POC coin and first and only with Smart Contracts.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:49:41 PM

Is there a list of all the coins that are based on NXT?

I know a few that are. There is NeXT Horizon (NHZ), NAS, Bilshares (BILS), NXT Fair Distribution (NFD), FIMKrypto (FIMK), and BURST. NHZ and NAS are fairly straightforward NXT clones. Bilshares is probably a Chinese NXT clone and there seems to be very little information about it on the web. FIMKrypto is a NXT clone for Finland. And BURST removes the proof-of-stake features of NXT and replaces it with an unusual proof-of-capacity mining scheme.

Then you have coins like NEM, NODE, and Crypti which seem to have been either inspired by NXT or were originally meant to be NXT forks but their devs changed their mind.

Finally, you have Qora which share a lot of qualities with NXT and was initially suspected of being a NXT clone until it went open source. Even more confusing is Ora which was originally meant to be a fork of Qora in the form of Kora but which later changed its name and became a coin built on top of the NXT monetary system.

Are there any others that I'm missing?

EDIT: I just found another one called STAG although the coin seems to be down at the moment. It looks like there are quite a few more that I've missed.

There is NobleNXT (NOXT). ANN is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0;all
The Chainmaker

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:54:25 PM

what kind of function does the smart contract on Burst do?

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:02:35 PM

whatever your imagination can come up with.

How about bypassing exchanges to do coin transacts safely?

Automatic payments?

I dunno...check it out at:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
The Chainmaker

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:01:41 AM

Automatic payments?

I checked the first few pages and the last few, I still don't see any answers.

I know I am being picky, but I am not really wanting to know what Smart Contracts can possibly do for me someday, I want to know if they are implemented right now, what is a an extra feature they bring to the Burst platform today?

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:28:46 PM

NAS is based on NXT but the developer has gone before releasing the source code. It can be considered as dead.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:53:31 PM

Automatic payments?

I checked the first few pages and the last few, I still don't see any answers.

I know I am being picky, but I am not really wanting to know what Smart Contracts can possibly do for me someday, I want to know if they are implemented right now, what is a an extra feature they bring to the Burst platform today?

I see that you got your answer. Good luck.

tiker

Activity: 459

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 07:26:40 PM

NBC is missing although I don't know if it ever officially started or not.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636798.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: