Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend A Company For VPS Hosting Please  (Read 2637 times)
robmob (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 01:06:27 AM

DigitalOcean, but they don't accept BTC Smiley

Thanks I see allot of people recommending Digital Ocean, I am going to do some research and comprising between them and amazon.

Crypto Currency Communityhttp://cryptoinfinity.com

Donate BTC:15YMgV1nb97bpRqBT7CEf6ryo37gqeeRpL
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 01:13:47 AM

Thanks I see allot of people recommending Digital Ocean, I am going to do some research and comprising between them and amazon.
Yup, Amazon's EC2 and DigitalOcean are the most reliable in the industry.

sifter

Activity: 574

CoinBooster Rep

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:38:55 PM

Namecheap is okay,

Digitalocean is great. I use it without any problems.

CoinBooster.io - Earn up to 67mil satoshi per day. Claim every 5 minutes. NO POP UPS! HIGH ROI
Bitcointalk Official Thread
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 02:47:38 PM

Hello I am currently renting a server from OVH, I notice that 2-3 times a month we will experience downtime due to the fact the network our server is on ends up getting attacked. I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on the sites or services the exchanges use to stay online and have a secure server. I can tell you I pay now about $60 US a month for the server and we pay for Cloudflare Pro as well. I am seeing allot of big sites going with Amazon any tips would be appreciated

Perhaps ask them to move your server to another network? But I find that oddly suspicious that an attack on another server would affect yours.  I have dedicated servers with them and 20+ vps's and don't encounter any issues... I'm sure a few of them are on the same network as yours. I've searched far and wide for the best and, it's OVH.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:38:35 PM

he is currently renting a server from OVH i dont think so they accept bitcoins aswell so his main conserne is not bitcoin accepting vps

sifter

Activity: 574

CoinBooster Rep

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:41:17 PM

There is also badass.sx

Found them like 5 minutes ago.

CoinBooster.io - Earn up to 67mil satoshi per day. Claim every 5 minutes. NO POP UPS! HIGH ROI
Bitcointalk Official Thread
virtapayseller666

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:48:12 PM

i USe https://in.godaddy.com

so many discounts and offers even if you renew a hosting or domain

not accepting btc

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
robmob (OP)

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 12:13:07 AM

he is currently renting a server from OVH i dont think so they accept bitcoins aswell so his main conserne is not bitcoin accepting vps

Thanks for pointing this out It dose not matter how you need to pay for it Paypal, Credit Card or BTC I can pay.

robmob (OP)

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 12:14:20 AM

Hello I am currently renting a server from OVH, I notice that 2-3 times a month we will experience downtime due to the fact the network our server is on ends up getting attacked. I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on the sites or services the exchanges use to stay online and have a secure server. I can tell you I pay now about $60 US a month for the server and we pay for Cloudflare Pro as well. I am seeing allot of big sites going with Amazon any tips would be appreciated

Perhaps ask them to move your server to another network? But I find that oddly suspicious that an attack on another server would affect yours.  I have dedicated servers with them and 20+ vps's and don't encounter any issues... I'm sure a few of them are on the same network as yours. I've searched far and wide for the best and, it's OVH.

It was one of there nodes that was attacked, I have had my server moved and have not had any problems with it in 2 months But I am thinking long term here and do not want to be looking for a host in the future when the site is really big

orsotheysaid

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:34:52 AM

I think a mate was using CentOS with decent results, look it up.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 12:41:04 AM

Thanks for pointing this out It dose not matter how you need to pay for it Paypal, Credit Card or BTC I can pay.
DO accepts PayPal one-time deposits and credit card pay-as-you-go.

Tinnorgp

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:15:26 AM

anyone ever try cloudsigma ?
there is free trial
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 12:46:17 PM

It was one of there nodes that was attacked, I have had my server moved and have not had any problems with it in 2 months But I am thinking long term here and do not want to be looking for a host in the future when the site is really big

I'm sure they have the capabilities to host more than your site would demand.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
poisenrang

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:08:31 PM

Hotspot Shield

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
robmob (OP)

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 12:18:50 PM

I'm sure they have the capabilities to host more than your site would demand.

If they did I would not be making this post here, Do not get me wrong they have some good services for some good prices.

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:54:34 PM

I have a VPS through InMotion Hosting and I love them. I actually just migrated all of my sites over there from HostForWeb,
who I'd used for over a decade. InMotion servers are much faster than what I'm used to at HFW and the tech support is great.

robmob (OP)

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:15:00 PM

Big thanks to everyone who posted. I have decided after doing extensive research and taking into account all the suggestions I was given here I am going to give digital ocean a try. I will be purchasing a server from them very soon and will make a post about how things are compared to them and my current host OVH.

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:23:12 PM

Big thanks to everyone who posted. I have decided after doing extensive research and taking into account all the suggestions I was given here I am going to give digital ocean a try. I will be purchasing a server from them very soon and will make a post about how things are compared to them and my current host OVH.

Im glad that you found what you was looking for mate .
I was searching for a good hosting company also because I'am planning to make a Wordpress website that should get a lot of traffic but not sure if I should go with http://www.bluehost.com/ or not . you may wanna see that company too , they have around 2 million customers .
and if you are that experienced you may wanna advice me of something , Wordpress hosting says 100m visits/month and dedicated says 5 TB bandwidth , so not sure what to take here

~ Madness

robmob (OP)

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:29:03 PM

Im glad that you found what you was looking for mate .
I was searching for a good hosting company also because I'am planning to make a Wordpress website that should get a lot of traffic but not sure if I should go with http://www.bluehost.com/ or not . you may wanna see that company too , they have around 2 million customers .
and if you are that experienced you may wanna advice me of something , Wordpress hosting says 100m visits/month and dedicated says 5 TB bandwidth , so not sure what to take here

~ Madness

I have did some research on bluehost and found allot of bad recent reviews, The have poor support, always trying to sell you something, downtime, oversold ect.
The 20 dollar a month plan with 3tb transfer at digital ocean  will be good for you until your site grows then you can update at a later time when you get more traffic and site grows.

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:31:54 PM

Good luck with DigitalOcean. I used them for awhile for one of my sites and they aren't bad at all. Their admin panel setup
isn't what I am used to though and I am just OCD enough to where it really bothered me, so I switched.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: