Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:56:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit's Vertcoin Tip Bot Hacked  (Read 863 times)
argutus (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:35:43 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm the owner of Reddit's vertcoin tip bot. This morning at 5am, the tip bot was hacked and 3,000 Vertcoin were stolen. Only my personal supply was affected. I still do not know how this hack was even possible. The address that stole them was VhhUTJ5ysbXfakyeSeShQKnC78YAbao6vE. Reddit's Vertcoin tip bot will be taken down for a while, if not indefinetely. I am sorry for any inconveniences, but I can't deal with another hack like this. If you somehow hacked me by accident, please return the Vertcoins, I don't have a job, so something like this is completely horrible to me.

If you would like to donate, my address is: VkJBwmxk8FJ9T4CbSv4dWUGaN8d16rtYGU

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MMos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:39:35 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm the owner of Reddit's vertcoin tip bot. This morning at 5am, the tip bot was hacked and 3,000 Vertcoin were stolen. Only my personal supply was affected. I still do not know how this hack was even possible. The address that stole them was VhhUTJ5ysbXfakyeSeShQKnC78YAbao6vE. Reddit's Vertcoin tip bot will be taken down for a while, if not indefinetely. I am sorry for any inconveniences, but I can't deal with another hack like this. If you somehow hacked me by accident, please return the Vertcoins, I don't have a job, so something like this is completely horrible to me.

If you would like to donate, my address is: VkJBwmxk8FJ9T4CbSv4dWUGaN8d16rtYGU

Thanks

FIND A FUCKING JOB AND DONT CRY HERE CAUSE OF YOUR OWN MISTAKE ( if this is even real), go find a job and dont try to get rich off of crypto, this isnt 2008 anymore, you missed the bitcoin rocket and there wont be anything remotely close to that in the future.

argutus (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:54:03 AM

FIND A FUCKING JOB AND DONT CRY HERE CAUSE OF YOUR OWN MISTAKE ( if this is even real), go find a job and dont try to get rich off of crypto, this isnt 2008 anymore, you missed the bitcoin rocket and there wont be anything remotely close to that in the future.
How is this my fault? I did everything like any other tip bot. I'm not trying to get rich because I held at one point $50,000 in cryptocurrencies. I can't hold a job because I'm still in school and I never have enough time to do anything with school and extracurricular activities. Coding and day trading is pretty much my job when I do it in the few hours I have on the weekend.
GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:02:50 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 06:40:03 AM by GreenWins

Bummer! =(

Remember not to do anything dumb! If you need to talk to anyone or thinking of doing anything stupid call the suicide hotline for the US 1-800-273-8255. Cryptocurrency is a risky business, but you will get past it!

brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:33:07 AM

How is this my fault? I did everything like any other tip bot. I'm not trying to get rich because I held at one point $50,000 in cryptocurrencies. I can't hold a job because I'm still in school and I never have enough time to do anything with school and extracurricular activities. Coding and day trading is pretty much my job when I do it in the few hours I have on the weekend.

Sorry my friend. Im sure you can make a few shitcoins and make ten times more in no time.
argutus (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:38:02 AM

Sorry my friend. Im sure you can make a few shitcoins and make ten times more in no time.
I didn't create Vertcoin, and it's not a shitcoin?
cubicdissection

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:43:45 AM

What a tool.  At least he's not begging in his sig...
Mark™

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:44:09 AM

sorry for your loss matey.
brooklynite

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:53:51 AM

I said if you are in school and do programming you can "create a few Scrypt Coins (also know as shitcoins, litecoin copycats, whatever) and premine and then post it here. You will make ten times more than the VTC you lost in a short period of time. I hope I explained myself clearly this time. I never said you created VTC, nor did I say VTC is a shitcoin. Maybe english is not your first language so Im sorry.
argutus (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:00:47 AM

I said if you are in school and do programming you can "create a few Scrypt Coins (also know as shitcoins, litecoin copycats, whatever) and premine and then post it here. You will make ten times more than the VTC you lost in a short period of time. I hope I explained myself clearly this time. I never said you created VTC, nor did I say VTC is a shitcoin. Maybe english is not your first language so Im sorry.
English is, I'm just tired. It's 2am and I'm just staring at my screen trying to find out what happened. I understand what you mean now, it's all good.
hostmaster

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 07:02:14 AM

Time to take lesson Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: