Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignore please.  (Read 999 times)
KingOfSports (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:00:54 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 08:02:45 PM by KingOfSports

I have an amazing idea, and truly am not kidding here. It would require of ton of programming though, and I was hoping to do a 70/30 split of all profits with the programmer (70% to programmer). The designer would have to be trusted here, because obviously they could take my idea and run and never pay me a penny. As part of the agreement,  we would both help run the site, via chat and other requirements, majority of myself, however at times the programmer would be needed as well. It is a player vs player(s) game, not player vs house. But its one that I truly think would be very popular, definitely one of a kind.

If you are well trusted and know programming, and I mean serious programming as that is what it will take, please contact me. A confidential agreement will be construed also for those serious in discussing it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:08:55 AM

People being scared of "others running off with the idea" is the reason so many businesses fail. Don't worry about that, get all the extra advice you can get. At the end of the day it's who implements it the best, chances are the idea has already been thought of numerous times, just implemented terribly or not at all  Shocked
vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:46:01 AM

they could take my idea and run

And as soon as you release your site, someone else quickly recreates it, implements a slightly smaller house edge and gets 100% of the earnings with your gameidea.

BEEP BEP
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:41:46 AM

I have an amazing idea, and truly am not kidding here. It would require of ton of programming though, and I was hoping to do a 70/30 split of all profits with the programmer (70% to programmer). The designer would have to be trusted here, because obviously they could take my idea and run and never pay me a penny. As part of the agreement,  we would both help run the site, via chat and other requirements, majority of myself, however at times the programmer would be needed as well. It is a player vs player(s) game, not player vs house. But its one that I truly think would be very popular, definitely one of a kind.

If you are well trusted and know programming, and I mean serious programming as that is what it will take, please contact me. A confidential agreement will be construed also for those serious in discussing it.

Nice teaser.  I'm thinking about playing already.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:56:40 AM

I'm not a programmer.  But I have 2 on my staff.
They have projects through October - So, I couldn't have them take on anything else until the fall.

These are the kind of projects that motivate programmers.
So, I would consider it as a side to get them engaged in something.
Rather than what they are working on now, barcoding, inventory controls, etc.

Can you give me some of the technicals so I can see if my guys skill set would line up?
(Unless October is too far out for you, which I would understand)

saif313

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:30:59 PM

as you give this idea someone then you will be out and never have any penny so you need to contact programmer near to you and do by youself all this stuff

knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:31:33 PM

I'm building a service that could allow player vs player gambling, the site is already running but I'm not mentioning it here since I didn't even announce it yet. I guess my reputation is neutral in the bitcoin community and does not count for you ? Leave me a message if you want.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:06:24 PM

@KingOfSports, I have the same problem. But I've already revealed half of what I plan to do, so I dunno if I should finish it or not. Once whatever great idea you have is out, it's only a matter of time before someone else copies it. Just Dice got translated into Chinese, for example. It also got translated into litecoins.

Also, your idea, might actually be a great idea, but it might also have flaws in it that peer review would eliminate at the risk of exposing it for others to copy.

Whatever it is, I wish you the best of luck. And I'll probably try it out.

allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:07:03 PM

as you give this idea someone then you will be out and never have any penny so you need to contact programmer near to you and do by youself all this stuff
...and this is exactly why so many websites on the internet are totally shitty: people needing a website trying to save money, making the son of the bakery's round the corner realize the project.
A baker should bake breads, and bakers' sons should do what bakers' sons do. But having somewhat heard of the internet and being able to handle MS Word (more or less) definitely does not make one a programmer.

As the OP stated: he needs a programmer, as he obviously does not have the capabilities to realize such a project.
A good programmer implements good, clean, reusable, scalable and - the most importantestest - safe (as possible) code which makes him proud and the customer happy. In our agency, we do very often have customers being pissed off because of overestimating their own capabilities (or those of the bakery's son round the corner). You see: want to get a project successful? Don't save money you're going to spend twice later. Smiley

Sorry for not directly providing to the discussion. I guess i don't have this reputation thingy here, and also i don't have time for new projects.
Best wishes and good luck to the OP!

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:48:23 PM

they could take my idea and run

And as soon as you release your site, someone else quickly recreates it, implements a slightly smaller house edge and gets 100% of the earnings with your gameidea.

Exactly.  Once a bigger company steps in, you've got no chance.  So time it right and get popular quick.

If you need any testers or a virtual assistant for the job, PM me and my thread is here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280001.0

PVP games in the bitcoin world aren't all that popular in my opinion, hope you will be the one to change that, mate Smiley
KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:05:07 PM

To all who replied, I agree with the general answer here - its very hard to trust anyone over the internet. I've had 6 people contact me but all of which in some way I've found a reason that they cannot be trusted. No offense to any, many who contacted are business-like people such as myself, and likely would find loopholes I'm sure even if we made a confidential agreement.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 05:17:44 PM

People being scared of "others running off with the idea" is the reason so many businesses fail. Don't worry about that, get all the extra advice you can get. At the end of the day it's who implements it the best, chances are the idea has already been thought of numerous times, just implemented terribly or not at all  Shocked
+1
Yes, I have found that being less interested in making money than in making change, it is far easier to do both.

Worse is when you broadcast your fear of it, as that will attract the predators.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
GCInc.

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 06:03:49 PM

many who contacted are business-like people such as myself, and likely would find loopholes I'm sure even if we made a confidential agreement.
I understand your problem of having trouble finding a trustworthy programmer, but I don't understand the above. Are you saying that you cannot be trusted on your word if you agree by mouth that you will not disclose some privileged information?

Anyhow, regardless of your level of integrity do not let the confidentiality problem hold you back too much. I have dozens of IT projects standing by since 15 years due to lack of trustworthy and capable partners. Some of them have become obsolete, some have been realized by a competitor, but most are still intact despite their age. And such they will stay until a suitable executor comes around.

Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:52:12 PM

so basically you want to take zero investment into this project besides your idea?

KingOfSports (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:04:29 PM

No I would be the one to run the site on a day-to-day basis and try to figure out any problems that occur. The programmer would live his own life, never have to even go to the site honestly, however would be required to do any fixes needed when bugs would be found, etc. I've given up on it, I don't know of any programmers and I'm not willing to give up the idea and watch someone else make a couple thousand a month off its profits, leaving me angry. It might be created but I truly don't think anyone will anytime soon.

BRules

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:20:04 PM

It might be created but I truly don't think anyone will anytime soon.

so, what are you skills on programming? Maybe you should take this project as a hobby and start learning something new. If you are good with ideas, why not implement it by yourself?

allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:39:30 AM

It might be created but I truly don't think anyone will anytime soon.

so, what are you skills on programming? Maybe you should take this project as a hobby and start learning something new. If you are good with ideas, why not implement it by yourself?
If i may quote myself: because of that. When it's about money, nothing should be considered a learning-hobby-project. Period.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: