Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:24:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp or Coinbase is cheaper to buy BTC for SEPA EUR?  (Read 936 times)
manicminer (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:48:39 AM

Sorry I cross-posted this from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=825459

Maybe I asked it in the wrong forum section.

Here is the deal: it is called the German speaking forum, however it would make much more sense to make it the forum about Germany, the country (which includes expats in Germany and the like)

I just ask it here because Germany is the biggest eurozone country, and the only eurozone country where English is spoken is Ireland; there is no regional forum here for Ireland (if I just ask it in the main English section there is not a high concentration of Irish there; and as the results show I get zero useful answers); and anyways, why I should ask on the forum of a small country if I ask the forum on a bigger country, I might have much more insights.

Oh, and by the way, I had this debate before, about more proper forum categories: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782913.msg8856149#msg8856149

Original post:

Bitstamp has an EUR bank account in Slovenia to which I deposited euros, then it converted to USD
Then it converted the EUR deposit to USD but I checked the daily EURUSD forex range and Bitstamp converted my EUR to USD at a rate worse even the worst rate in the 24-hour daily range; I have to say, clever: another small profit source for them.

Side note: I understand BTC is usually priced in USD but for the euro market for a European exchange with a SEPa account it would make sense that exchange customers euros to bitcoins directly. Say, I deposit 100 euros, then it may display prices - while holding my physical 100 euros - as virtual USD prices, floating, say, between USD 130-135 per my EUR 100 deposit.

Coinbase just entered the European marketplace as an exchange with EUR deposits available.

Which is cheaper or better to deal with in other aspects? Only have experience with Bitstamp so far.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 11:02:40 AM

Hi ,

Welcome to the German speaking part of the bitcointalk forum.
Most of the forum is in english so specific questions that are best talked about in german,
do not have a broad audience there. So this little forum was created to talk freely in german.
There is lots of space for discussion in english elsewhere. ( and germans that know english will read them there.)
So since this is not a germany specific topic , i will lock this thread and leave my reply for you to see.
Feel free to discuss this again in the topic you have linked about German and uk-users.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: