Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:04:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW MINING CLASS] MSCoins - POW coins withing Nxt's POS ecosystem  (Read 9521 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:54:59 PM

I only get decent results with intensity > 512. I have it set at 750. I use GPUdevice=0,256. I mint 250 EGOLD at once. End result on a HD 7950 @ 1053 Mhz is 220 MH for me. Minting about 2000/day, pays slightly more then the electricity costs =)

=P
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbr

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:12:11 PM

Yes I'm up and runnng thanks! Is EGOLD the most profitable right now? (for GPU)

EDIT: humm not great at that only running at 40 mhs on a 280x

What's your settings for gpudevice=?

gpudevice=0,256

EDIT: intensity was 10= 40 MHS, now tried 15 and it equal 60 mhs

try

gpudevice=0,256,524288
gpuintensity=50

The intensity doesn't matter too much for the hash rate for me but 50 is as good as any other number!

BINGO! 234 MHS thanks a lot! now my PC isn't usuable tho LOL (laggy)

Mines fine - are you CPU mining aswell?

Also, I found that NxtMint Java Minter version 1.3 got better results than 1.4

I only get decent results with intensity > 512. I have it set at 750. I use GPUdevice=0,256. I mint 250 EGOLD at once. End result on a HD 7950 @ 1053 Mhz is 220 MH for me. Minting about 2000/day, pays slightly more then the electricity costs =)

I played around with intensity from 10 to 1024 and it didn't really affect hashrate. As soon as I got to 20 and above it stayed the same.
Daedelus (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:38:16 PM

Hmz not miniting has slowed down to about 2000 EGOLD/day @ 155 Mh. [edit] Updating the driver for 7970 to 14.1 increased speed to 220 MH.

Question: if you make a typo in the passfrase when you sell EGOLD, does that EGOLD go to another address? It seems some of my EGOLD went to the 5th dimension.

If you make a typo in your passphrase when authorising a transaction, it will get rejected. Make a typo in the account ID,  and it will go to the 5th dimension. Check again? Do you have a transaction ID?

OK, then it went to the 5h dimension in some other way... TID is 6608195740606986013 in block 16381661902089743729. Looks like the EGOLD was never exchanged for NXT but I can't see the offer in the Exchange booth. But it's probably just me being new with this, it's not possible for stuff to go to the 5th dimension when you're using blockchain technology =)

Yanakitu Tenatako, Current difficulty is listed in bold at the top of the GUI of Nxt Mint.

Seems the transaction has no recipient (or not displayed in the blockchain explorer I'm using).

I have passed it to the Core Dev to take a look at.
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:40:01 PM

As topic says, opportunities for CPU and GPU miners...

Well, GPU is questionable, but CPU is a big mistake, Intel i5 3570 makes less than 1 mhash/s all 4 cores total VS 200+mhash/s 7970/280x.

So, it is not for CPU miners Sad((

I've asked someone more experienced, in case there is a way of getting CPU's up an running economically. If you're right, I'll change the thread title.

When MS launched, there were no stable GPU minters. So it was true at the time  Grin but maybe not now.
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:46:02 PM

Well, GPU is questionable, but CPU is a big mistake, Intel i5 3570 makes less than 1 mhash/s all 4 cores total VS 200+mhash/s 7970/280x.

Even with the regular miner, I don't see it as questionable profit. CPU - surely not, but someone could make a CPU MSCoin - the topic is speaking of all MSCoins, not just EGOLD.

Good point, I'll bump my earlier post for all POW MScoins

I just did a bit of quick research on Nxt Monetary System (MS). There are currently just under 1680 MScoins created  Shocked

Of course, not all are mintable (this is only one use case of MS). I have made a list of all the minatable coins, the oldest first. There are 42:

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

The BOLDED ones have [ANN] threads in https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153 so I would start there, if you are looking for a new coin.

If you have an idea for a additional parameter (i.e. CPU only, if it possible) then it can be added to Monetary System
. If it is possible and useful use case, the devs woll add it.
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:48:23 PM

Hmz not miniting has slowed down to about 2000 EGOLD/day @ 155 Mh. [edit] Updating the driver for 7970 to 14.1 increased speed to 220 MH.

Question: if you make a typo in the passfrase when you sell EGOLD, does that EGOLD go to another address? It seems some of my EGOLD went to the 5th dimension.

If you make a typo in your passphrase when authorising a transaction, it will get rejected. Make a typo in the account ID,  and it will go to the 5th dimension. Check again? Do you have a transaction ID?

OK, then it went to the 5h dimension in some other way... TID is 6608195740606986013 in block 16381661902089743729. Looks like the EGOLD was never exchanged for NXT but I can't see the offer in the Exchange booth. But it's probably just me being new with this, it's not possible for stuff to go to the 5th dimension when you're using blockchain technology =)

Yanakitu Tenatako, Current difficulty is listed in bold at the top of the GUI of Nxt Mint.

Seems the transaction has no recipient (or not displayed in the blockchain explorer I'm using).

I have passed it to the Core Dev to take a look at.

First reply,

This kind of transactions do not have recipients. He posted a sell request and it is either fullfilled or not. In first case he should get NXT.

julian071

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:45:29 AM

OK, but if it is not fulfilled, should the offer not be listed in the Exchange booth?

=P
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 07:53:44 PM

OK, but if it is not fulfilled, should the offer not be listed in the Exchange booth?

Booth doesn't have a order book. If it wasn't fulfilled at the time then you should still have the EGOLD.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:26:48 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2015, 08:37:10 PM by adaseb

What does everybody use for an R9 270X? I only get 70Mhash/s per GPU.

gpuIntensity=1024

# Set the GPU device number (0, 1, 2, ...), the work group size and the work group count.
# The first GPU device will be used if this parameter is omitted.  This parameter can
# be repeated to use multiple GPU devices.  The GPU devices that are available are
# listed when NxtMint is started with a non-zero value for gpuIntensity. 
gpuDevice=0,256,1000
gpuDevice=1,256,1000
gpuDevice=2,256,1000

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:04:49 PM

Even with the regular miner, I don't see it as questionable profit. CPU - surely not, but someone could make a CPU MSCoin - the topic is speaking of all MSCoins, not just EGOLD.

I just did a bit of quick research on Nxt Monetary System (MS). There are currently just under 1680 MScoins created  Shocked

Of course, not all are mintable (this is only one use case of MS). I have made a list of all the minatable coins, the oldest first. There are 42:

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

The BOLDED ones have [ANN] threads in https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153 so I would start there, if you are looking for a new coin.

If you have an idea for a additional parameter (i.e. CPU only, if it possible) then it can be added to Monetary System

Would really like to see some CPU only mintable coin.

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
julian071

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:07:42 PM

Booth doesn't have a order book. If it wasn't fulfilled at the time then you should still have the EGOLD.

But there is an order book - right there in the exchange booth. My order is just not there. There are several orders, lower and higher then mine.

Still, it's probably me... But I really think I lost 750 EGOLD.

=P
julian071

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:08:52 PM

gpuIntensity=1024

# Set the GPU device number (0, 1, 2, ...), the work group size and the work group count.
# The first GPU device will be used if this parameter is omitted.  This parameter can
# be repeated to use multiple GPU devices.  The GPU devices that are available are
gpuDevice=0,256,1000
gpuDevice=1,256,1000
gpuDevice=2,256,1000

I noticed that it is very important to have the latest (version 14) Catalyst drivers installed. I use 0,256 with intensity 512.

=P
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:45:57 PM

MYBTC
MSBTC
NEWEU
DOGES
ELEMS
EGOLD
XNBT
CISPA
SLVER
LUMUS
GROUP
MIXIT
ZZZZZ
MMMMM
SILVR
XNEM
DOLLR
HONEY
NINJA
WARTS
FORKK
PRISM
XTIM
XNBTX
EMUSK
ALPIN
PLATI
BCAPS
WSAPP
STNLC
NMAUA
ASTKN
DAILY
SYSCO
TXNCB
NTBCX
INFIN
TSTGS
BEMB
DOBIS
GEEKS
THOTH

Would really like to see some CPU only mintable coin.

Something is in the works; https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system/is-it-possible-to-create-a-parameter-to-have-cpu-only-mscoins/msg158037/#msg158037

Might even be botnet resistant...
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:51:20 PM

But there is an order book - right there in the exchange booth. My order is just not there. There are several orders, lower and higher then mine.

Can you confirm NXT-9QU7-NDSL-ZDMV-52JF5 is your account? Dev is looking into it.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:13:16 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 03:22:58 AM by adaseb

gpuIntensity=1024

# The first GPU device will be used if this parameter is omitted.  This parameter can
# be repeated to use multiple GPU devices.  The GPU devices that are available are
gpuDevice=0,256,1000
gpuDevice=1,256,1000
gpuDevice=2,256,1000

I noticed that it is very important to have the latest (version 14) Catalyst drivers installed. I use 0,256 with intensity 512.

No whatever I try I get only 80Mhash/s per 270X. I updated the drivers and used your settings.

Version 1.3.0 doesn't show any hashrates so I use 1.4.0

I also keep getting the
"Native library NxtMint_x86 is not available - using Java CPU hash routines"

even though I linked to the jni directory.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:22:32 AM

gpuIntensity=1024

# The first GPU device will be used if this parameter is omitted.  This parameter can
# be repeated to use multiple GPU devices.  The GPU devices that are available are
gpuDevice=0,256,1000
gpuDevice=1,256,1000
gpuDevice=2,256,1000

No whatever I try I get only 80Mhash/s per 270X. I updated the drivers and used your settings.

Version 1.3.0 doesn't show any hashrates so I use 1.4.0

I also keep getting the
"Native library NxtMint_x86 is not available - using Java CPU hash routines"

even though I linked to the jni directory.

On most hash algorithms, 270X gets a bit less than half of what a 290X does, so that sounds fairly close. About the CPU hash routines, it doesn't matter as long as you're not CPU mining.

So EGOLD is currently the only profitable GPU coin out there?
ELEMS dosen't work on GPU and the rest of the coins have no bidders so they are useless.

I tried FORKK but the max mint is 1 so you end up losing money on that one.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:09:55 AM

See the official MS documentation "Buyers and sellers can issue exchange requests to match published exchange offers. Unlike asset bid/ask orders, exchange requests are not saved, they are either executed immediately (fully or partially) or not executed at all." So if it doesn't match a published order, it will remain unexecuted.

To 'cancel' the order you currently have:

"you should make a new exchange offer and set it so it expires really quick then you will have all your balance back in your account."
Daedelus (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:10:22 AM

I've made a coin called Uranium. It has an extremely fast POW and low difficulty.
I also regularly create small buy walls and the coin is starting to gain momentum.

BTT Ann - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=943017
NXT Ann - https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/(ann)-uranium-uranm-keccak25-rare-fast-pow/

You could also post in here for POW MScoins:

https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/pow-mscoins-post-here-for-visibility/
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:11:01 AM

Basically its very profitable however you need to be lucky and have the right GPU.

For my GPUs its not profitable at all but if you have an R9 290X then its very profitable when compared to X11/X13.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:12:25 AM

I've made a coin called Uranium. It has an extremely fast POW and low difficulty.
I also regularly create small buy walls and the coin is starting to gain momentum.

BTT Ann - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=943017
NXT Ann - https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/(ann)-uranium-uranm-keccak25-rare-fast-pow/

I checked and unless someone already sold in it, there are no bids for that currency only offers. So not profitable to mine unless its get popular.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██