Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which note wins first place?
Blue/grey note with fractals - 49 (32.7%)
Bit-Pay Leonardo note - 18 (12%)
Orange B-Cash note - 23 (15.3%)
Psy Yellow Note - 60 (40%)
Total Voters: 149

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you like to design a bitcoin banknote?  (Read 94762 times)
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 03:04:37 AM

ok then. maybe I am not looking for a Bearer Bond. More like a SECURE bond?

That is the great thing about these... we are not locked into any one persons interpretation of what they should be.

Maybe you want an letter sized bond to frame or show off or whatever that has the public key, but a credit-card sized serial-numbered matched private key store.... all do-able!

Would be awesome! Maybe something to give a new born and then allow them to watch the amount of BTC and the value of the BTC grow in value over time. And then on their 18th birthday they are presented with either the private key or the pass phrase to unlock the encrypted private key that is on the same certificate. Hell if they can crack it and withdraw early I think they are entitled to early withdraw Smiley

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 04:07:42 AM

Would be awesome! Maybe something to give a new born and then allow them to watch the amount of BTC and the value of the BTC grow in value over time. And then on their 18th birthday they are presented with either the private key or the pass phrase to unlock the encrypted private key that is on the same certificate. Hell if they can crack it and withdraw early I think they are entitled to early withdraw Smiley

What a great idea for my son!

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
unclemantis

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 04:19:33 AM

What a great idea for my son!

The pass phrase could be as simple as a poem that you mention at his graduation dinner party Tongue

Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 05:08:07 AM

That bearer bond looks awesome.

I've been wanting a nice looking way of saving offline funds to paper.  Armory is pretty cool, but something easily printed would be really nice, too.

We should come up with a good list of people/things for the portraits and the quotes.  I know there have been a few posts before filled with ideas.

unclemantis

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:52:53 AM

I've been wanting a nice looking way of saving offline funds to paper.  Armory is pretty cool, but something easily printed would be really nice, too.

We should come up with a good list of people/things for the portraits and the quotes.  I know there have been a few posts before filled with ideas.

+1

Maybe we can pool together to get some CERTIFICATES printed out by a CERTIFICATE company. you know the same ones that do stocks and bonds and vital records and stuff? Sure we can print the details at home but this would be really sweet!

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 05:59:10 AM

+1

Maybe we can pool together to get some CERTIFICATES printed out by a CERTIFICATE company. you know the same ones that do stocks and bonds and vital records and stuff? Sure we can print the details at home but this would be really sweet!

Don't you really want to print it yourself since it has the private key right there? One rouge employee with a camera could do a lot of damage.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
unclemantis

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:38:42 AM

+1

Don't you really want to print it yourself since it has the private key right there? One rouge employee with a camera could do a lot of damage.

The public and private key would be printed at home. The certificate would just have the security marks on it and look official.

It's a thought. I figure if we are going to make a Bonds version instead of a disposable version we might as well go all out.

I would. Smiley

unclemantis

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:44:46 AM

+1

The public and private key would be printed at home. The certificate would just have the security marks on it and look official.

It's a thought. I figure if we are going to make a Bonds version instead of a disposable version we might as well go all out.

I would. Smiley

Example.

http://www.appletonideas.com/Appleton/jsps/StoreCatalogDisplay.do?langId=-1

Again. We are talking about just the paper and general design. The details and contents are printed at home.

unclemantis

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:53:38 AM

http://www.appletonideas.com/Appleton/jsps/DocuMarkCustom.do?langId=-1

Perhaps we should start a new topic about bonds? I believe that we have taken this outside of the initial scope of Mike's vision. Which I believe is a good thing!

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 11:55:57 AM

Great idea Casascius, and thanks for sending me the coins really fast, they're awesome  Smiley

How about having a small contest on the banknote design? I pledge 500mBtc

http://www.rugatu.com/questions/1833/how-would-you-like-to-design-a-bitcoin-banknote

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
unclemantis

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:27:53 PM

Great idea Casascius, and thanks for sending me the coins really fast, they're awesome  Smiley

http://www.rugatu.com/questions/1833/how-would-you-like-to-design-a-bitcoin-banknote

Where did this mBtc and other stuff come from? I thought there where Satoshis and Bitcoins.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 12:52:49 PM

Where did this mBtc and other stuff come from? I thought there where Satoshis and Bitcoins.

Those are smaller bitcoin units http://www.rugatu.com/questions/1467/what-are-the-bitcoin-units

500mBTC would be BTC0.50. Hope it helps

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
unclemantis

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 12:59:00 PM

Those are smaller bitcoin units http://www.rugatu.com/questions/1467/what-are-the-bitcoin-units

500mBTC would be BTC0.50. Hope it helps

That does. We should be making things EASIER to understand bitcoin, not making them HARDER Smiley

being a programmer i am dealing with the Satoshi unit

Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 03:13:41 PM

Hmm have some ideas will put in my own design soon Cheesy
Timbo925

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:33:44 PM

My first try. Let me now if your like it or it's a total miss Smiley

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 05:39:38 PM

My first try. Let me now if your like it or it's a total miss Smiley

I think it looks TOO EDGEY
Just put math and all that fun stuff on it, not crazy conspiracy theory ron paul smoke weed everyday 420 bitcoins

hi
Timbo925

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 06:06:29 PM

Good point. Less edge and less conspiracy now  Cheesy

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 06:31:45 PM

Why not a black and white stencil of Einstein, or anyone else you want, and the black part is a fractal pattern

hi
BitPay Business Solutions

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 06:35:44 PM

If people print these at home, they can use some more ruggedized paper.

Normal paper is made from wood pulp and disintegrates when it gets wet.

The dollar bills we carry around are made from cotton and linen, not from wood pulp.

Here are some cotton & linen papers you can buy to print your own bitcoin notes, so they will better withstand folding, getting wet, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A1064954%2Ck%3Acotton%20linen%20paper&page=1

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
BitPay Business Solutions

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 06:38:06 PM

Timbo I like this, but from a usability standpoint, the 2 QR codes are too close together.  You should be able to fold the note in half to hide one of the codes.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: