Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
Slushpuppy

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 07:12:09 AM

You should offer litecoin investment too

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 07:31:25 AM

What the fuck is this crap. Are you trying to scare away investors?

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 11:49:37 AM

its a trojan wallet stealer ,dont install on your pc your bitcoinz will be gonz  Cheesy
qrs

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 02:08:19 PM

OMG Sad
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 02:13:57 PM

its a trojan wallet stealer ,dont install on your pc your bitcoinz will be gonz  Cheesy
I was wondering how long before someone said that.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 03:35:57 PM

It's a proof of concept attack against anyone using a brain wallet. It's not possible to actually recover the coins, but the damage it does removes coins from circulation and increases the value of all other holdings.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 01:56:37 AM

Dank Bank is structurally not a ponzi scheme.

Please tell me what differentiates you from a Ponzi scheme? You match almost all red flags established by the U.S. SEC from http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm#RedFlags :
  • High investment returns with little or no risk: Check. You claim it is "low risk" while returning an insane 180-370% yearly (2-3% weekly)
  • Overly consistent returns: Check.
  • Secretive and/or complex strategies: Check.
  • Etc... with the exception of difficulty receiving payment, because your scheme has yet to collapse.

Any intelligent investor should assume that you are a Ponzi.
Therefore I predict that your scheme will eventually collapse and default.
I was right when I predicted this for pirate, I will be right this time again.

I strongly recommend current Dank Bank investors to stress test the scheme by withdrawing all their funds at once on a particular day, this will collapse the scheme immediately.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:08:14 AM

Dank Bank is structurally not a ponzi scheme.

Please tell me what differentiates you from a Ponzi scheme? You match almost all red flags established by the U.S. SEC from http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm#RedFlags :
  • High investment returns with little or no risk: Check. You claim it is "low risk" while returning an insane 180-370% yearly (2-3% weekly)
  • Etc... with the exception of difficulty receiving payment, because your scheme has yet to collapse.

I strongly recommend current Dank Bank investors to stress test the scheme by withdrawing all their funds at once on a particular day, this will collapse the scheme immediately.
This is hilarious.  I have three investors, I've had five in total.  That screams ponzi?  If I really wanted to make a ponzi, I would make a fake ID, establish myself as I normal person and aim for the most costumers possible.  Then I would pull a pirate and buy my debt back at 20% and pay it all off.

But I'm not the kind of person to do that.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:59:03 PM

Transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/17418838/8816ee4a921249c7a5f7197e2c64d5ce4194e41bc1cb47441c12c8d9af209bdd

(I'm not a dank shill)

Grinder, you are right. We have no way of knowing whether dank (or anyone else) is running a scam. I don't know either way.

But I, for one, am satisfied in my dealings with dank today. Always, use caution whenever sending your bitcoins to anyone.

What worries me, is that the coin for you payout came from the top-up deposit of 75BTC below.

Deposit/donation, same thing when it's being put to good use.  How about refundable donation?

Wait what?  Donation implies the person shouldn't expect a return. 

How about investment?  Both the principal and interest are an obligation not something nice which may or may not happen.
Yes, I know, it was a slight slip of words.

75 additional BTC deposited with Dank Bank.

see https://blockchain.info/address/1CYsWicNjn2t4d7dT11vKvQbMvRt6oNou2 (dank bank deposit address I assume)

Not quite sure if this is worrying, or not, or do I understand the "greyness" that defines a Ponzi; but I would question how you'd repay DeathAndTaxes 75BTC if he requested it prior to any deposits.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:08:59 PM

Just to make sure there is no confusion, I have no funds on deposit @ Dank Bank.  
I was just providing some clarification on terminology (i.e. a debtor shouldn't use the term donation just as a charity shouldn't use the term deposit).
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:22:11 PM

Transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/17418838/8816ee4a921249c7a5f7197e2c64d5ce4194e41bc1cb47441c12c8d9af209bdd

(I'm not a dank shill)

Grinder, you are right. We have no way of knowing whether dank (or anyone else) is running a scam. I don't know either way.

But I, for one, am satisfied in my dealings with dank today. Always, use caution whenever sending your bitcoins to anyone.

What worries me, is that the coin for you payout came from the top-up deposit of 75BTC below.

Deposit/donation, same thing when it's being put to good use.  How about refundable donation?

How about investment?  Both the principal and interest are an obligation not something nice which may or may not happen.

see https://blockchain.info/address/1CYsWicNjn2t4d7dT11vKvQbMvRt6oNou2 (dank bank deposit address I assume)

Not quite sure if this is worrying, or not, or do I understand the "greyness" that defines a Ponzi; but I would question how you'd repay DeathAndTaxes 75BTC if he requested it prior to any deposits.

Well it wasn't DeathAndTaxes who made that deposit, but I give every deposit a minimum duration so I can utilize each deposit and make the principle back before the term is over.

I might as well start a ponzi, if I had the funds pirate did, I would actually do something useful with them and return the principles when it was large enough.  Not that I want to take the risk and responsibility of a 7% weekly ponzi.  I know I could have handled it better than pirate did though.

I'd be lying if I said I never paid a loan off with another loan (at least partially), but this is a practice I haven't done for a while as I have learned just how slippery of a slope that can be.  That's why I invest each loan differently to return profit before the deadline.  As novel as it may seem, Dank Bank is just a way to invest in a person or idea even.

AndyRossy

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:26:53 PM

Transaction:

(I'm not a dank shill)

Well it wasn't DeathAndTaxes who made that deposit, but I give every deposit a minimum duration so I can utilize each deposit and make the principle back before the term is over.

I might as well start a ponzi, if I had the funds pirate did, I would actually do something useful with them and return the principles when it was large enough.  Not that I want to take the risk and responsibility of a 7% weekly ponzi.  I know I could have handled it better than pirate did though.

I'd be lying if I said I never paid a loan off with another loan (at least partially), but this is a practice I haven't done for a while as I have learned just how slippery of a slope that can be.  That's why I invest each loan differently to return profit before the deadline.  As novel as it may seem, Dank Bank is just a way to invest in a person or idea even.

It just feels kinda strange that it's on the same date as he said "additional BTC deposited", the same amount, and to your deposit address, and that this was used to pay your last withdrawal. 

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:43:49 PM

I don't really get what you're suggesting, but I'm not in the proper mind state at the moment so I'm gonna go play guitar and I'll come back later.

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:44:41 PM

I don't really get what you're suggesting, but I'm not in the proper mind state at the moment so I'm gonna go play guitar and I'll come back later.

lmao.
mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 05:52:07 AM

This is hilarious.  I have three investors, I've had five in total.  That screams ponzi?

Yes. Again, you match almost all the Ponzi red flags from the above list. A Ponzi scheme can be sustained with even just 1 investor, as long as the rate of his/her withdrawals don't exceed the rate of deposits.

For example, to convince us you are not malicious, you would publish a lot more information about what you invest in. But you don't.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:20:59 AM

This is hilarious.  I have three investors, I've had five in total.  That screams ponzi?

Yes. Again, you match almost all the Ponzi red flags from the above list. A Ponzi scheme can be sustained with even just 1 investor, as long as the rate of his/her withdrawals don't exceed the rate of deposits.

For example, to convince us you are not malicious, you would publish a lot more information about what you invest in. But you don't.
That doesn't mean I'm running a ponzi.  This is how Dank Bank works, I tell you I'm going to be a famous musician and successful businessman, you either believe it or not.  If you have faith in me, you invest in me and help me reach my goals.

I'm telling you straight up I am going to be wealthy and I'm going to share the wealth with those who helped me achieve it.  I'm not going to try and comfort you so you can rest better by giving my business away.

It's that simple.  If you believe, invest.  If you don't, don't.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:24:01 AM

extension 1 week

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101336.msg1144085#msg1144085

I guess the rock star business is slow at the moment.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:35:50 AM

That's why you invest in it and speed it up.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:56:33 AM

Transaction:

(I'm not a dank shill)

I'd be lying if I said I never paid a loan off with another loan ...

This is very reassuring to hear
mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:21:45 AM

That doesn't mean I'm running a ponzi. [...]

But that's how you look to potential investors: you look very much like a Ponzi with a 95% probability, based on the information you give them.

At best, you are an overly confident man who is wrong to claim to be a "low risk" investment.

But I am not there to argue with you. I am there to warn potential investors/victims.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: