Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 04:51:30 AM

What you don't realize is that I learned everything I know, myself, through life experiences.

As someone who's really, really interested in the recent developments in BCIs, pray tell, how does one learn otherwise right now?
All I'm saying is that I didn't get my knowledge from other sources like Buddhism or Wikipedia, I obtained it within myself.  Sure I've read stuff about this things throughout my life (except not Buddhism until after), but I never connected the dots until I explored my mind to find answers.

There's one hell of a difference between an internal monologue and an internal dialogue...
Yes, but they are both thoughts.

Kentrolla, perhaps I meant consciousness, my mistake.  I looked up what conscience meant, again, to make sure, and I think I'm referring to the consciousness we posses.  Correct me if this is wrong.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 04:54:00 AM

What you don't realize is that I learned everything I know, myself, through life experiences.

As someone who's really, really interested in the recent developments in BCIs, pray tell, how does one learn otherwise right now?
All I'm saying is that I didn't get my knowledge from other sources like Buddhism or Wikipedia, I obtained it within myself.  Sure I've read stuff about this things throughout my life (except not Buddhism until after), but I never connected the dots until I explored my mind to find answers.

There's one hell of a difference between an internal monologue and an internal dialogue...

Kentrolla, perhaps I meant consciousness, my mistake.  I looked up what conscience meant, again, to make sure, and I think I'm referring to the consciousness we posses.  Correct me if this is wrong.
yes, consciousness works. Conscious does not. I suspect that you thought you were saying Conscience because the two words sound similar.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 04:59:27 AM

I have mixed them up before but I corrected this a couple weeks ago, I believe.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 05:26:57 AM

I have mixed them up before but I corrected this a couple weeks ago, I believe.
I think the word "consciousness" fits better for what you are saying. I just assumed you were just mispelling conscience. For example, if you feel guilty about something, some would say you have a "guilty conscience." So I don't think conscience really fits in what you were saying. Consciousness fits better imo.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:33:04 AM

I agree, my error.

fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:43:38 AM

Yes, but those "original" opinions were influenced by all the other stuff you knew. Unless you lived in a bubble up until that point, you never had an original thought (and neither have the rest of us) since we are inevitably shaped by our environment.

So again, unless you know of a functional BCI, we all learned the same way as you, through observation, analysis and critical thought, even if you seem to lack a tad of the later.

Please, explain to me how schizophrenia is as cool as autism. Please.
Rarity

Activity: 182

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:51:11 AM

Dank, could you focus on worldly matters for a moment and let me know where you are holding Dankfest 2012 if a decision has been made?  I need to make my travel arrangements.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:59:07 AM

I live in the moment, Rarity, it will happen when it happens.

fgervais

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:01:53 AM

But before December 31st, right? Think of the fame! Start a financing thread! Woodstock was launched on 10k$, less than a thousand bitcoins!
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:29:52 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 06:47:03 AM by repentance

But before December 31st, right? Think of the fame! Start a financing thread! Woodstock was launched on 10k$, less than a thousand bitcoins!

Launched on, but that wasn't the actual cost - CCR's fee alone was $10,000.  Hendrix was paid over $30,000.  Woodstock had serious money behind it from day one and cost about $2.6 million to stage (it's original budget was $500,000).  That's 1969 dollars. The festival itself actually lost money.  The organisers eventually recouped their investment through record sales and the documentary on Woodstock.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
fgervais

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 03:03:59 PM

Launched on, but that wasn't the actual cost - CCR's fee alone was $10,000.  Hendrix was paid over $30,000.  Woodstock had serious money behind it from day one and cost about $2.6 million to stage (it's original budget was $500,000).  That's 1969 dollars. The festival itself actually lost money.  The organisers eventually recouped their investment through record sales and the documentary on Woodstock.

Yes, but dank only needs to find the 10k$ seed budget, and besides, he's going to headline the festival.

Shhht! You're going to ruin it!
MildBill

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:45:01 PM

I would totally be up for watching Dank play live.  Unfortunately, until he gets back on his meds, it's highly unlikely he'll be able to follow through with anything.
fgervais

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:53:00 PM

Hum... as the OP changed to reflect dank's crowning as one of the best musicians of all generations at the end of the Mayan calendar, 76 days.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:22:37 PM

That's not accurate at all, it takes much 'work' to read into your conscious, I've been meditating for years.
i think you're using the word "conscious" wrong. I think the word you are looking for is "conscience."
Please don't try to change the definition of these words in order to make it seem like you weren't wrong.

I think he uses "conscious" and "consciousness" interchangeably.

According to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conscious , conscious is both an adjective (with many definitions) and a noun (which is synonymous with definition 5 of consciousness, "the upper level of mental life of which the person is aware as contrasted with unconscious processes"), as in the given example:

[...] films have been barreling through my conscious to my unconscious [...]

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Rarity

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:32:39 PM

Okay, but it would help me start my preparations just to know WHERE it is happening.  I need to price out the bus and start looking at hotels.  I know you are dealing with far greater logistical questions right now in organizing Dankapalooza but I still need to handle my travel arrangements if I'm going to make it. 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:24:30 AM

That's not accurate at all, it takes much 'work' to read into your conscious, I've been meditating for years.
i think you're using the word "conscious" wrong. I think the word you are looking for is "conscience."
Please don't try to change the definition of these words in order to make it seem like you weren't wrong.

I think he uses "conscious" and "consciousness" interchangeably.

According to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conscious , conscious is both an adjective (with many definitions) and a noun (which is synonymous with definition 5 of consciousness, "the upper level of mental life of which the person is aware as contrasted with unconscious processes"), as in the given example:

[...] films have been barreling through my conscious to my unconscious [...]
Yes, I have done that, I've realized this since.

Rarity, it will happen on Earth, bout all I can tell you.

Anyways, today (yesterday) has been a very good day. Smiley

Rarity

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:51:19 AM

If the potential area is all of Earth why have you ruled out Florida?   Angry  Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater is a much better choice than Green Bay or Gdańsk for an outdoor winter festival like Dank Aid.  

Lurk

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:53:11 AM

not trying to be a dick, but i see a lot of loan requests from you from you wich youve claimed to pay back.

my question is if youre so good at investing and can pay 2% intrest every week, why do you still need loans?
if you can make so much investing than some of youre other loans should have produced profit which you could have reinvested and made more profit,   rinse repeat.
  you say these rates are guranteed, i dont know of any investments that are guranteed, there are always risks.

i would just think if you were as good with bitcoins as you claim at this point you wouldnt need loans anymore.
   just sounds like an insane risk when you wont even provide your identity.
          im afraid of what youre possibly going to get away with one day,  but good luck anyways.  its real easy to become a famous guitarist, you should have no trouble especially with how long youve been practicing.  youre the next big thing.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:57:18 AM

not trying to be a dick, but i see a lot of loan requests from you from you wich youve claimed to pay back.

my question is if youre so good at investing and can pay 2% intrest every week, why do you still need loans?
if you can make so much investing than some of youre other loans should have produced profit which you could have reinvested and made more profit,   rinse repeat.
  you say these rates are guranteed, i dont know of any investments that are guranteed, there are always risks.

i would just think if you were as good with bitcoins as you claim at this point you wouldnt need loans anymore.
   just sounds like an insane risk when you wont even provide your identity.
          im afraid of what youre possibly going to get away with one day,  but good luck anyways.  its real easy to become a famous guitarist, you should have no trouble especially with how long youve been practicing.  youre the next big thing.
I started out with next to nothing at the beginning of the year, I need loans to grow at the rate I am growing.  They aren't really as much of necessities anymore, but they help and I have no problem with sharing a bit of interest to people who help me.

There are risks, but they are 'guaranteed' through karma and honesty.

I've provided ID to two users, now.  Thank you.

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:53:00 AM

Quote from: dank
Human evolution is increasing at an exponential rate.

I have been giving this some thought, and to give dank some credit, there might be a grain of truth in it.

Let me explain. Through many technological advances, the human population has been increasing at an exponential rate. Since there is a small probability that any individual will have a mutation, for good or bad or mostly inconsequential, as the number of individuals rises the probability that any one of them will have such a mutation rises. Thus by simple probability we should be getting more mutations.

Another factor is that, due to both technology and changes in our social structure, we as a species are much more mobile than ever before. Simply put, people can migrate more easily now than in the past. This migration allows the mixing of genetic material from one area to another, increasing the likelihood that mutations can be spread throughout the population, and increasing the chances that multiple mutations may be present in any one individual. Most mutations are inconsequential, it is through compounding mutations that a species evolves, since some changes become synergistic to effect great changes.

Thus, to help the human species grow to its potential, we should advocate a worldwide loosening of national borders to allow the free flow of individuals between populations.

(Rules required on-topic statement:) Dank, you are still a slacker and I would only invest bitcoin with you if I could get some collateral and I was high and drunk and bitcoin prices had crashed to early 2009 levels.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: