Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:43:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Slappy Statist Candidates for US President 2016  (Read 17901 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:02:51 AM

Chris Christie: I Will Crack Down And Not Permit Legal Marijuana as President

If New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) becomes president of the United States, he said on "The Hugh Hewitt Show" Tuesday, he will "crack down" on those states that have ended prohibitions on marijuana.

When asked by Hewitt if he would enforce federal drug laws in those states that have legalized and regulated cannabis, Christie responded unequivocally.

"Absolutely," Christie said. "I will crack down and not permit it."

More...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/chris-christie-marijuana_n_7066636.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:05:17 PM

Entitled: Hillary Clinton Parks In Handicap Spot (and she doesn't tip)

While Ms. Clinton could become the second oldest president in our nation’s history and has suffered some serious health issues, there is no record of her being so infirmed she is entitled to take a parking spot legally reserved for someone who legitimately needs it.

Rules are for little people.

While America’s lapdog media chases her like groupies and pretends that ordering a burrito bowl (without leaving a tips) somehow represents her ability to relate to the common man, the facts are that her events are staged, she is lying Elizabeth Warren-style about her heritage, and now the Champion of the People is stealing parking spaces from no less than the handicapped.

Maybe it is because seven years later Hillary is “in some ways tired.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/16/entitled-hillary-parks-in-handicap-spot/

There was a youtube video of the parking situation but the local media (KETV) took the clip down. That's a testimony to the censorship that parts of the mainstream media bestow upon the ever so great hillary.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:14:59 PM

Mike Huckabee to make 2016 presidential announcement

Mike Huckabee is going to make an announcement tonight on Fox News about his plans about a 2016 presidential race.

Hogan Gidley, an aide to the former Arkansas governor, tweeted that Huckabee will share make an announcement at 6 p.m. ET on Special Report with Bret Baier.

.@GovMikeHuckabee to reporters in DC: "If you watch @SpecialReport with @BretBaier tonight I'll make an announcement about my 2016 decision"
— J. Hogan Gidley (@JHoganGidley) April 17, 2015

Huckabee, who won the 2008 Iowa GOP caucuses, ended his show on Fox in January to explore another presidential campaign. The former governor, who is a favorite of evangelical voters, has said he would make a decision sometime in the spring.

Huckabee, talking with reporters, says watch him on Bret Baier tonight. Will indicate his time frame for making 2016 announcement.
— Alex Pappas (@AlexPappas) April 17, 2015

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/04/17/mike-huckabee-2016-announcement-presidential/25931573/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:22:22 PM

Jeb compares the Bush political dynasty to the Adams family and acknowledges that he still needs to 'prove' himself to voters

Jeb Bush is his 'own man' and swears his polices aren't a carbon copy of his brother's or his father's  - but don't you dare speak ill of his family, or he'll take you out back and tell you what's what.

The son and brother of former presidents, the former Florida governor tried to tamp down uncertainty about his expected candidacy stemming from his family tree at a New Hampshire event tonight with humor as he again faced questions about the Bush political dynasty.

'I have enough self awareness to know that that is a oddity,' he said before telling the audience he realizes that if he moves forward with a presidential campaign he'll have to prove he isn't 'trying to break the tie between the Adams family and the Bush family.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3042920/Jeb-Bush-acknowledges-needs-prove-voters.html#ixzz3Xgc2qM6P
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:49:30 AM

Jim Webb critiques Clinton-era foreign policy

Jim Webb laid out an implicit critique of two decades of Clinton foreign policy in Chicago on Wednesday night, saying the country has lacked strategic direction since Bill Clinton assumed the presidency.

He also took aim at the 2003 invasion of Iraq and the 2011 NATO intervention in Libya.

The former Democratic senator from Virginia continued to shy away from criticizing Hillary Clinton directly, as he has in recent months, but his critique amounted to one of the strongest contrasts he’s drawn between himself and Clinton to date.

“We really have not had a clear strategic doctrine since the end of the Cold War. I would say particularly since about 1993,” said Webb at an event at David Axelrod’s Institute of Politics at the University of Chicago. Left unsaid was the name of the president who took office that year: Bill Clinton.

Webb went on to talk about the toll of the Iraq War, citing an op-ed he wrote in 2002 warning that invading the country would be a “strategic blunder” — without referring to then-Sen. Hillary Clinton’s vote to authorize the invasion. President Barack Obama’s opposition to that war became a decisive distinction in his 2008 primary victory over Clinton.

Webb then said the administration’s response to the Arab Spring had set back the United States’ standing in the Middle East, singling out the U.S.-led intervention in Libya in particular. “Sure, [Muammar] Qadhafi was a bad guy, we understand that, but we had no treaties in place, we had no Americans at risk, we were not under any threat of attack,” he said.

Webb did not mention that Hillary Clinton, in her latest memoir, takes credit for shaping the U.S. decision to intervene in Libya as secretary of state. But Axelrod did, asking Webb after his remarks whether Libya would become an issue in a primary contest between the two. “Certainly it is a major policy distinction between what I was saying and what the administration was doing,” said Webb, who recounted his failed efforts to bring military action in Libya up for debate on the Senate floor.

Pressed again by Axelrod about whether Libya would become an issue should both he and Clinton run, Webb threw up his hands and responded, “Stay tuned.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/jim-webb-critiques-clinton-era-foreign-policy-116796.html
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:35:28 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 03:56:28 AM by Bit_Happy

Jeb compares the Bush political dynasty to the Adams family and acknowledges that he still needs to 'prove' himself to voters

Jeb Bush is his 'own man' and swears his polices aren't a carbon copy of his brother's or his father's  - but don't you dare speak ill of his family, or he'll take you out back and tell you what's what.

The son and brother of former presidents, the former Florida governor tried to tamp down uncertainty about his expected candidacy stemming from his family tree at a New Hampshire event tonight with humor as he again faced questions about the Bush political dynasty.

'I have enough self awareness to know that that is a oddity,' he said before telling the audience he realizes that if he moves forward with a presidential campaign he'll have to prove he isn't 'trying to break the tie between the Adams family and the Bush family.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3042920/Jeb-Bush-acknowledges-needs-prove-voters.html#ixzz3Xgc2qM6P

LOL, I wasn't thinking about early American history, so I am sitting here wondering why he would mention The Addams Family.  Cheesy

<On topic>
Jeb who?
Are we really going to have a serious shot at Bush III... ...vs Hillary?
How much does it cost to get into "Libertarian Island" with Roger Ver?

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:36:13 PM

<On topic>
Jeb who?
Are we really going to have a serious shot at Bush III... ...vs Hillary?
How much does it cost to get into "Libertarian Island" with Roger Ver?

When this concept was originally floated, it was like having $400k in assets or purchasing ~$250k property but to my knowledge this is no longer an option. I wouldn't even know what you'd do for a living down there if you didn't have an operating business to bring w/ you.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:34:34 PM

Carly Fiorina to Announce She's Joining the Presidential Race (late April / early May)

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina is likely running for president and she will make an announcement in coming weeks, she confirmed Saturday morning to Fox & Friends. The comfy-couch-ridden hosts asked the one-time Republican U.S. Senate candidate about the now-infamous claims of a CEO that a woman simply cannot be president.

The presidency is best “left to a man, a good, strong, honorable man,” Texas marketing executive Cheryl Rios asserted last week to much media coverage. “The hormones we have make us not qualified to be president according to this woman?” Fox host Anna Kooiman asked Fiorina this morning.

“She’s obviously entitled to her opinion, but I think American history is littered with examples of men whose judgment was clouded by their hormones including in the Oval Office,” Fiorina responded, with a thinly-veiled jab at President Bill Clinton‘s White House infidelity. “If we want to talk about hormones, I think men’s hormones sometimes get the better of them.”

Asked to address Hillary Clinton‘s claims that women are naturally better leaders, Fiorina agreed, but took the opportunity to swipe at her potential opponent.

“Good leadership requires transparency and candor, which Hillary Clinton has not displayed,” the California former exec said. “I think it requires collaboration, which I don’t think she has particularly displayed. I think it also requires a track record of accomplishment — honestly she doesn’t have much.”

“I will probably be running for president in a few short weeks,” she quickly revealed, “and I also think that gender shouldn’t be the basis upon which we make that decision. That’s why if Hillary Clinton faces me on a general debate stage she won’t be able to talk about being the first woman president. She won’t be able to talk about the war on women. The only thing she’ll be able to talk about is her track record, her accomplishments, or lack thereof.”

Fiorina later added that she will probably make an announcement in late April or early May.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-asks-carly-fiorina-about-hormones-she-says-shes-going-to-announce-soon/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 01:24:51 AM

Kochs Signal Support for Scott Walker

"Charles G. and David H. Koch, the influential and big-spending conservative donors, have a favorite in the race for the Republican nomination: Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin."

“We will support whoever the candidate is,” said Mr. Koch, according to two people who attended the event. “But it should be Scott Walker.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/04/20/koch-brothers-signal-support-for-scott-walker/?_r=0

So much for these Koch bros being libertarians of any sort, thos this is about what I expected after all was said and done.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

U.S. politics is like security software such as truecrypt or mega; we won't know who might be any good until they are Wellstone'd.  My guess is that Paul is OK and consequently, that he'd have a little accident if he cannot be dealt with in some other way.

What I'd like to see happen is for two gawd-awful candidates be out in front (Hillary and pick-just-about-any repub) then have Ventura charge up from Mexico.  If he came in late after everyone is thoroughly disgusted, and if he hired private security who are very very good, it might work and we might be able to salvage some of our constitution.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:55:32 AM

Jeb's favorite part of Obama's Presidency? NSA Spying

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) really likes at least one part of Barack Obama's presidency: the NSA's mass collection of Americans' phone records.

During an interview on Michael Medved's radio program on Tuesday, Bush called the program, which was revealed in disclosures by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, the best part of Obama's presidency.

"I would say the best part of the Obama administration has been his continuance of the protections of the homeland using the big metadata programs, the NSA being enhanced," said Bush, who is considering a 2016 presidential run. "Even though he never defends it, even though he never admits it, there has been a continuation of a very important service, which is the first obligation of our national government is to keep us (he means the state-USgov-interests) safe."

Bush added that there was technology in place that could be used to guard both the United States and the civil liberties of Americans.

More...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/21/jeb-bush-nsa_n_7113264.html

This forum and community is filled w/ brain power so I know you all get what's up here besides the neighborhood troll and her socks. Rubio is on board with this and Walker hasn't even bothered to make a statement on this major issue, I can't trust Cruz either at this point. This issue combined with foreign policy is why we all have to line up behind Rand in the primary and the general.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:32:36 PM

Koch brothers will offer audition to Jeb Bush

Charles and David Koch are considering throwing their massive wealth and sophisticated organization into the Republican presidential primary for the first time, a potentially game-changing boost that could make even a second-tier candidate instantly viable.

In another surprise, a top Koch aide revealed to POLITICO that Jeb Bush will be given a chance to audition for the brothers’ support, despite initial skepticism about him at the top of the Kochs’ growing political behemoth.
Sen. Marco Rubio, Sen. Rand Paul and Sen. Ted Cruz debated at the Koch network’s winter seminar in January, and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker made a separate appearance. Those were the candidates who appeared to have a chance at the Koch blessing, and attendees said Rubio seemed to win that round.

But those four — plus Jeb – will be invited to the Kochs’ summer conference, the aide said. Bush is getting a second look because so many Koch supporters think he looks like a winner. Other candidates, perhaps Rick Perry or Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, may also get invitations.

The New York Times’ Nick Confessore reported Monday afternoon that David Koch had indicated the brothers favor Walker, citing remarks he made to donors who had just heard from the Wisconsin governor. The article runs on page A13 of the print edition: “G.O.P. Donors Signal a Favorite: Wisconsin Governor.”

This prompted an online frenzy, including the HuffPost banner, “KOCHS FIND THEIR MAN.”
Koch insiders dismissed that conclusion, saying the brothers have made similar comments about several of the candidates, and are far from settling on a favorite. “It’s really early, and a lot is going to happen,” the aide said. “We wouldn’t want to take options off the table by getting behind one of them now.”

More...http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/koch-brothers-will-offer-audition-to-jeb-bush-117177.html#ixzz3Y1AJSMWm

Seriously, there must be plenty of establishment schmucks in this group to get them to even entertain a Bush. Unreal, they clearly don't have a clue that the party's base wants nothing to do w/ another Bush.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:37:13 PM

Hillary Finally Comes Clean: The Economy Is “Stalled”

During Hillary Clinton’s road trip to New Hampshire on Monday, something remarkable occurred: She told the truth about the economy, telling her supporters that the economy has “stalled out” and, adding, “It’s not enough to tread water.”

A month ago while she was busy not running for president, Clinton never uttered a word about the weakening economy, giving mute evidence that she was unwilling to risk telling the truth and offending both the president and her Democrat supporters. This despite evidence that Americans have put economic worries at or near the top of their concerns for months on end. This despite the fact that the nation’s GDP fell off a cliff in January and February. This despite the fact that job growth since the start of the Great Recession has been half what it was during the Reagan recovery in the 1980s. This despite evidence that new business startups have continued their decline since 2009, and evidence that business investment in new enterprises has dropped sharply at the same time.

More...http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/sectors/item/20707-hillary-finally-comes-clean-the-economy-is-stalled

Trying to distance herself from the obvious despite her policies would continue the same routine.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:41:39 PM

MSNBC’s Brzezinski Grills David Brock on Clinton Emails: ‘Are We Going to Do This Again?’

A Morning Joe panel lit into Media Matters founder and Clinton surrogate David Brock Tuesday morning, picking up right where the show’s previous testy exchange with Brock over the deletion of Hillary Clinton’s emails from her private server left off.

The subject is back thanks to a new book, one Brock alleged is funded by “Clinton’s enemies,” which purports to detail quid quo pro arrangements between foreign entities donating to the the Clinton Global Initiative and Clinton’s actions as Secretary of State. It would be a lot easier to disprove those claims, the show’s hosts pointed out, if Clinton hadn’t deleted her emails.

When Brock welcomed the media to take a look at Clinton’s record, host Mika Brzezinski, who can barely conceal her disdain for Brock, objected, “But we kind of can’t. Because what should be in the public record or at least viewed by the State Department, has been scrubbed…Don’t deflect. I’m talking about the ones that were scrubbed. How can you get answers from the ones that were scrubbed that might be considered, quote, personal business? There is no answer, is there?”

When Brock said that Clinton had turned over 55,000 pages of emails to the State Department, an exasperated Brzezinski said, “Are we going to do this again?” Brock went on to claim Clinton had followed government regulation in the retention of her emails, with which Brzezinski strongly disagreed. “I don’t need you to give me a lesson on the regulations of the State Department,” she said.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-brzezinski-grills-david-brock-on-clinton-emails-are-we-going-to-do-this-again/

Kinda reminds me of the responses Hillary gave the Senate cmte over the Benghazi situation. These type people are your typical lawyers that make a living defending the undefendable.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:32:43 AM

Clinton Cash author going after Jeb next

That landed Schweizer squarely in the crosshairs of the Clinton team and allied liberal groups, which have launched a campaign to discredit Schweizer as “disreputable” and blinded by partisan animosity. Anyone familiar with Schweizer’s work knows better: he wrote a well-regarded book about the Bush dynasty and another, detailing insider trading in Congress, that led to a new law, the bipartisan STOCK Act of 2012, which aims to curb these abuses.

That hasn’t quieted the left-wing clamor that Schweizer is simply out to get Hillary Clinton. But maybe this will: Schweizer is working on a similar investigation of Jeb Bush’s finances that he expects to publish this summer.

More...http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-23/clinton-cash-author-is-targeting-jeb-bush-next
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:36:06 AM

Rubin attacks Walker on immigration

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has been dinged by principled conservatives for reversing course on ethanol and letting go of social media guru Liz Mair under heat from Iowa Republicans. One might chalk up those actions to the inevitable small adjustments one makes given the exaggerated import of the caucuses. (Well, it’s Iowa, so what do you expect?) Unfortunately, Walker now has created concern that he is doing the same with regard to immigration, going to the extreme right in the GOP to warn against legal immigration.

The Post reports that Walker now says, “In terms of legal immigration, how we need to approach that going forward is saying … the next president and the next Congress need to make decisions about a legal immigration system that’s based on, first and foremost, protecting American workers and American wages.” He went on to cite favorably Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) on the subject. The notion that legal immigration hurts the economy and native workers has been rebutted repeatedly and is widely disparaged by a host of pro-growth conservatives and scholars. Mair, whose work on immigration reform is well known, took to Twitter to denounce “the full, Olympics-quality flip-flop.” Before this, Walker had spoken favorably about the benefits of legal immigration, in keeping with his free-market outlook. He has already acknowledged changing his mind on illegal immigration, citing the president’s failure to enforce laws. (It’s not clear why that would be an issue if he were elected.)
Walker would be smart to get out his own plan, stick with it and put himself on the side of pro-growth immigration reform.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2015/04/21/scott-walker-goes-nativist-on-immigration/

Rubin can finally write about something else besides trashing Rand, which is why I'm not providing a direct link.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:36:45 PM

Iron President 2016

Even more hilarious is the section on Cruz’s website titled “Our Standards: The Constitution”. Now there, Cruz gloats about having “Led the way on several cases including a U.S. Supreme Court case that preserved the words ‘under God’ in the Pledge of Allegiance.” Yeah, that makes us freer, doesn’t it? Every time we recite the Pledge of Allegiance, an unconstitutional federal law will be automatically repealed, right Ted? No? Shucks, that ain’t right! You know what? His political accomplishments read like the resume of an 18 year old. He should join Carly Fiorina on her cooking show and teach us how to make Canadian-style hot dogs. Sonoran-style hot dogs are popular out here in Arizona, so who knows? Maybe Canadian-style hot dogs will take off.

Let’s talk about Jeb Bush. Now, we can’t talk about the Bush political family without talking about the Clintons. These two families are like the one stray cat you fed one time and the next day, five of them showed up on the porch wanting to be fed. Seriously. This all started with Papa Bush, the original stray cat. Ok, we elected this guy one time—ONE TIME!!!—and now we’ve had Bushes and Clintons on the porch ever since! Someone needs to call animal control because we just can’t have this. The neighbors are starting to complain. I mean, seriously, it’s a public health risk. None of them have had their rabies shots or anything. This just goes to show you, no good or even ambivalent deed ever goes unpunished. We fed Papa Bush, the old tomcat, on the porch and people said, “Hey, do you think that’s a good idea? You’ll have every cat in the neighborhood coming around…” Awww…it’s just Papa Bush! He was old man Reagan’s cat, remember? Then the Clintons showed up on the porch and people said, “See? Now look at these cats that showed up! The tom of this bunch has been after every female cat in the neighbourhood! See what we got started?” Nah, they’ll go away after they eat.

Yeah, that’s what we thought! Then we had Bush Jr. “There! See! What’d I tell ya! This one’s from a litter that old Papa Bush sired! Now we’re feeding the kittens from the first cat we fed! See what we got started? And the Clintons are still coming around begging to be fed, too. Look, the female of them is looking for a handout, running for president and so on.” Yeah, but we didn’t feed her when she came around in 2008, she’ll go away. “But will you look at what’s happened now?! We’ve got the Clinton female coming around begging to be fed AND another kitten from the litter Papa Bush sired and both of them are sitting outside the door meowing to be fed! This is a nightmare! Seriously, this can’t go on. We have GOT to call animal control. None of these cats has had rabies shots! They’re fighting with all the other cats in the neighborhood, getting into the trash cans and making a mess, howling all night, and crapping in peoples’ gardens. If we don’t stop feeding them, we’ll have more of them coming around! And their litters of kittens!” Yeah, see, that’s the problem with feeding politicians. You feed one and then the next thing you know, you’ve got a whole army of them hanging out in your yard. The neighbors ask, “Are those your cats?! Do you know they shredded my patio chairs with their claws?! And they don’t get along with anyone else’s cats, either!” See the mess we got started?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/04/jack-perry/forget-the-presidential-election/
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:03:58 AM

Clinton Cash author going after Jeb next

That landed Schweizer squarely in the crosshairs of the Clinton team and allied liberal groups, which have launched a campaign to discredit Schweizer as “disreputable” and blinded by partisan animosity. Anyone familiar with Schweizer’s work knows better: he wrote a well-regarded book about the Bush dynasty and another, detailing insider trading in Congress, that led to a new law, the bipartisan STOCK Act of 2012, which aims to curb these abuses.

That hasn’t quieted the left-wing clamor that Schweizer is simply out to get Hillary Clinton. But maybe this will: Schweizer is working on a similar investigation of Jeb Bush’s finances that he expects to publish this summer.

More...http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-23/clinton-cash-author-is-targeting-jeb-bush-next

Finally some good news.  Smiley
I read ~7 posts above this one and they are not what I'd consider good news. Jeb being caught in a big financial scandal would do wonders to slow down his fundraising.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:12:28 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 11:22:05 PM by Chef Ramsay

Owners of Gay Hotel Face Boycott After Meeting With Ted Cruz

HELL'S KITCHEN — The owners of gay hotel and wedding spot The OUT sparked outrage and a boycott after meeting with Republican presidential hopeful Senator Ted Cruz Monday.

Co-owners Ian Reisner and Mati Weiderpass, who also own a large stake in gay beach resort the Fire Island Pines, faced mounting criticism both online and from hotel clients after the meeting.

AIDS charity Broadway Cares canceled a May 10 event set to be held at the hotel's club, 42 West, because of the meeting, they said in a release.

"We cannot in good conscience hold an event at a venue whose owners have alienated our community," they said in a statement.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20150424/hells-kitchen-clinton/owners-of-gay-hotel-face-boycott-ted-cruz-meeting-with-ted-cruz
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:53:45 PM

Lindsey Graham: 'I may have the first all-Jewish cabinet in America'

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) spoke bluntly about his plans for raising campaign funds for his prospective presidential campaign in an interview published today on “Washington Wire,” a Wall Street Journal blog. Over a glass of Riesling, according to the account, he answered a series of questions, including how he plans to finance his campaign.

He described “the means” as the biggest hurdle facing his potential campaign, adding:
If I put together a finance team that will make me financially competitive enough to stay in this thing… I may have the first all-Jewish cabinet in America because of the pro-Israel funding. [Chuckles.] Bottom line is, I’ve got a lot of support from the pro-Israel funding.

Graham hasn’t made any secret of his desire to curry favor from the RJC’s pro-Netanyahu, pro-Likud board of directors. But suggesting that “pro-Israel funding” may determine his choice of cabinet secretaries (as well as his policies) may make even his potential benefactors squirm just a little bit in light of the purposes to which real anti-Semites who believe “Jewish money” controls the U.S. government might put such a statement.

Indeed, pro-Israel heavyweights, such as Sheldon Adelson, Paul Singer, and other heavyweight donors of the Republican Jewish Coalition, are emerging as the go-to funders of the Republican Party. Graham’s observation—whether meant lightly or not (or uttered under the influence of the Riesling)— tends to confirm that access to their millions is critical to the fortunes of any Republican presidential candidate in 2016.
Graham’s Desires

More...http://republicbroadcasting.org/lindsey-grahams-all-jewish-cabinet/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: