Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:51:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for Bitcoin  (Read 1851 times)
Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:21:30 AM

Bump, just to make Atlas's dick hard.

~Bruno~

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:32:16 AM

Instead of having ordinary, uneducated people mine Bitcoins, why don't we elect a trusted, secure central authority to manage the Bitcoin network and pick optimal transaction fees?

They could then use the transaction fees for the common good such as for free healthcare, free food and free transportation for everyone!

Also, more electricity would be saved!

Perhaps you stumbled down the wrong alley on the Internet?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:43:31 AM

No way GoGo is a troll. No way!
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:56:02 AM

I was going to respond to the "you're all terrorists" in the other thread - it's basically reaching you're all Nazi's in less than a page, but you locked it - shame.

I not caring about the IRS because the US is irrelevant for where I live, and paying lots of taxes locally (we actually have free health care unlike the US crazy system), do you actually think politicians are the top of the meritocratic pile.  Of course, having someone else think for you is obviously optimal.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:15:26 AM

I was going to respond to the "you're all terrorists" in the other thread - it's basically reaching you're all Nazi's in less than a page, but you locked it - shame.

I not caring about the IRS because the US is irrelevant for where I live, and paying lots of taxes locally (we actually have free health care unlike the US crazy system), do you actually think politicians are the top of the meritocratic pile.  Of course, having someone else think for you is obviously optimal.

Ditto. I don't feel like unlocking the thread just for another trollfest so I'll respect what OP did there and just post here.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:19:15 AM

Ditto. I don't feel like unlocking the thread just for another trollfest so I'll respect what OP did there and just post here.

I agree with that decision.  It's Friday and beer'o'clock - helps the Starfish consider the big world issues.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:24:34 AM

That claim about filing a 1040 to report this site was classic. So you filed your tax return to report this site? Lol
phantitox

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:31:06 AM

Instead of having ordinary, uneducated people mine Bitcoins, why don't we elect a trusted, secure central authority to manage the Bitcoin network and pick optimal transaction fees?

They could then use the transaction fees for the common good such as for free healthcare, free food and free transportation for everyone!

Also, more electricity would be saved!

The whole notion behind bitcoin is being decentralized. Without that, we're no better off then your ordinary fiat.

I don't think you understand decentralization liberalism doesn't work. People are idiots_____ (insert word). They are going to ruin the network country and waste resources of germany. We need to create elect smarter aryan people to manage this technology country; people who know what they are doing and won't destroy the planet country  with excess energy use greediness.

SimBesh

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:54:52 AM

I agree with that decision.  It's Friday and beer'o'clock - helps the Starfish consider the big world issues.

aussie too?
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:57:26 AM

aussie too?

Cricky strewth!! not likely Brucey!

(no I am not Australian)
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 08:13:01 PM

Yes, great idea! Better yet: while we're at it, why don't we change the protocol so the authorized central Bitcoin authority can generate arbitrary amounts of bitcoins at will, so we can be sure there is enough money to actually pay for the free health care, food and transportation!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: