Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:31:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should people related to bitcoinica have a scammer tag?
Yes. - 148 (63.5%)
No. - 55 (23.6%)
I don't care. - 30 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 230

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER TAG: bitoinica  (Read 9660 times)
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:54:03 PM

I had all of one bitcoin at bitcoinica. I never trusted those bitcoinica guys because they're statists and promote regulating bitcoin. Statists are never that competent - be sure of that.

I think we need a new tag for them, like "FELONS"
oh please drop the libertard bullshit, it only shows that your IQ is under 70.

Says the person suggesting we should pick up bats and solve this problem like they use to do back when we lived in a cave..  Roll Eyes
True. but i want some action for my money, isn't it fair that i beat them up? i have payed them 40btc for it?  Tongue

btw. it was more a generalt comment on him, as he is always polluting the forum with this crap. im actually creative in my attempts to disrupt good forum culture, while he is just repeating the same libertard stuff over and over again...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:55:13 PM

im actually creative in my attempts to disrupt good forum culture,
Thank you for confirming your position as a useless virgin troll.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:58:12 PM

If anyone is going to be beating on anyone else, please direct your threats at the actual hacker(s).
is there any hacker(s) involved? or is it just fiction made by the bitcoin consultancy?

i really having a hard time, finding out what the hell is happening, but it seems like an inside job.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 07:59:51 PM

I had all of one bitcoin at bitcoinica. I never trusted those bitcoinica guys because they're statists and promote regulating bitcoin. Statists are never that competent - be sure of that.

Says the person suggesting we should pick up bats and solve this problem like they use to do back when we lived in a cave..  Roll Eyes
True. but i want some action for my money, isn't it fair that i beat them up? i have payed them 40btc for it?  Tongue

btw. it was more a generalt comment on him, as he is always polluting the forum with this crap. im actually creative in my attempts to disrupt good forum culture, while he is just repeating the same libertard stuff over and over again...

Well if we ever want to become more than just "libertards" we have to learn how2 deal with those kind of incidents.
What about selecting a group of prominent members of the bitcoin community to form a jury and judge them... Since this is just about the scammer label for now there aren't even that high of stakes...
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 08:03:32 PM

Well if we ever want to become more than just "libertards" we have to learn how2 deal with those kind of incidents.
What about selecting a group of prominent members of the bitcoin community to form a jury and judge them... Since this is just about the scammer label for now there aren't even that high of stakes...
baseball bats are much more effective, and at a lower cost.
/caveman

zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 09:43:42 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2012, 07:12:15 AM by zero3112

Bitcoinica was a scam.  I mean it cant just be a coincidence that they where hacked 3 times in a roll.  First the linode server was hacked.  Then there email was hacked and now there Mt. Gox account was hacked.  If you asked me it sounds fishy. Now there only giving us 66% of are money.  Thats what all scammers do they steal your money and then give you just some of it back so they get away with it.

wirmola

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 10:57:06 PM

a big fkin scam..
superfastkyle

Activity: 437

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:00:01 PM

Scammer tags is not enough. We want a sticky post that says to be wary of putting any money in Intersango's exchange as well if not on the main discussion board at least in the trading subforum
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:54:32 PM

If anyone is going to be beating on anyone else, please direct your threats at the actual hacker(s).

The actual hackers.....you say that like those hackers are "some mysterious people we don't even know" - riiiiiiiight.

You know the proper way to avoid violence for theft?

Don't commit thefts.

When you steal from people, you take the risk that you fuck with someone dangerous. I'm not dangerous myself, but I'm sure there's more than one bitcoiner who is VERY dangerous, especially to those people who would steal his money.

We expect the government to protect us from thieves like this, but when they will not, justice still must be served. You simply cannot allow the same person or persons to repeatedly steal from you.

In many places, allowing someone to steal the money (actively, or passively through negligence) that is in your care is punished just as if you'd stolen it yourself (because in so many cases you have)

Punish the real hackers: The owners and operators of bitcoinica. Hopefully the lawyers will work well enough before the bat owners come out.

Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:51:51 AM

Bitcoinica was a scam.  I mean it cant just be a coincidence that they where hacked 3 times in a roll.  First the linode server was hacked.  Then there email was hacked and now there Mt. Gox account was hacked.  If you asked me it sounds fishy. Now there only giving us 66% of are money.  Thats what all scammers do they still your money then give you just some of it back so they get away with it.

I've seen several variations on the "this is just too convienient"  theme but I'm surprised that the alternate angle hasn't been mentioned. If you think this isn't a coincidence then you could just as well say it's too INconveinient. I mean for all the people involved this is the absolute worst case scenario. If there is something more then meets the eye, i would concider looking at people who would stand to gain from the damage (financial, reputation, trust) done to the parties involved or to bitcoin in general.

(I'm not defending anyone just giving an alternate view)

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 01:01:47 AM

you say that like those hackers are "some mysterious people we don't even know" - riiiiiiiight.
Stop putting words in my mouth, I never said ANYTHING of the sort.
And furthermore, I'm fairly sure this could happen to any exchange, it just so happened that Bitcoinica/Intersango was targeted. If the hacker ever decided to shift targets, some really ugly shit could start happening.

If you stopped making inane threats, Mr. "Not Dangerous Myself", you might be able to buckle down and find out exactly who is behind it, assuming you can do some basic entry-level internet sleuthing. The sticking point right now is whether the evidence is enough to convict the asshole that did it, not who it is, or where he is, or any other BS like that.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 01:03:39 AM

Has anyone who lost money reported the theft to the police ?

If bitcoinica is failing to do so cant one of the victims report lost funds ?

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 01:16:32 AM

Genjix and phantomcircuit are not scammers.  If this was an inside job, these two people were not in on it.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 01:36:43 AM

i understand everyone's pissyness - but honestly, what really would come out of a scammer tag?  will that get our funds back?  its nothing but a freaking combination of letters under ones username....and we all know who is tied with bitcoinica....
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 05:04:08 AM

Genjix and phantomcircuit are not scammers.  If this was an inside job, these two people were not in on it.

+1 more than likely the new and former ownership decided to collaborate   Angry

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 06:32:55 AM

just because they are reputable forum members or that you know them personally, dosn't mean that they can't be scammers.

and either they lied and scammed Tihan, because they said that they are security experts(which is clearly not the case)
and/or they scammed us, because they stole from us.

if you don't want to give them the scammer tag, could you please give them a incompetent-and-lieing-idiot tag?

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 11:00:02 AM

Scammer tags is not enough. We want a sticky post that says to be wary of putting any money in Intersango's exchange as well if not on the main discussion board at least in the trading subforum

+1

Well, I don't care to listen to their stories anymore to be honest. I have lost quite a bit of money and two months of my time reading up on this shittrack of excuses, agitations, and bitcoinica team members threatening its customers.  The community deserves to be warned of incompetent security experts like Patrick who wouldn't pass internet security 101. Hasn't he jumped ship now? There have to be consequences now before they fuck up their Intersango customers, too. If a scammer tag and a sticky post are all this forum has to offer it should be used, or some new tag needs to be created.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 04:01:51 PM

I call on team Bitcoinica (all involved) to answer honestly, it was a scam? Just yes or no .. Is that so hard? I think many people read the answer is "yes" will save a lot of personal time, not reading this fucking long thread (in my case, a heavy - with the help a translator)

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 05:04:31 PM

you say that like those hackers are "some mysterious people we don't even know" - riiiiiiiight.
Stop putting words in my mouth, I never said ANYTHING of the sort.
And furthermore, I'm fairly sure this could happen to any exchange, it just so happened that Bitcoinica/Intersango was targeted. If the hacker ever decided to shift targets, some really ugly shit could start happening.

If you stopped making inane threats, Mr. "Not Dangerous Myself", you might be able to buckle down and find out exactly who is behind it, assuming you can do some basic entry-level internet sleuthing. The sticking point right now is whether the evidence is enough to convict the asshole that did it, not who it is, or where he is, or any other BS like that.

I didn't put workls in your mouth - I said you said something "like" something. But then, I see you don't read very well either.

Also, I expressed shock that no one had carried out a threat. I didn't make a threat, nor would I - I don't make threats that I wouldn't carry out, and I'm certainly not going to england to go collect a few hundred bucks from these asshats.

But, true to your normal fashion, it's troll first, read later. You should definitely enroll in a program to improve your reading comprehension.

The sticking point is to FIND the asshole who did it. I'm quite sure that asshole is right under our noses, but the shit smell around here is so prevalent no one will notice the difference. Everything about this case is seriously fishy, and screams of insider involvement.

Scammers or not, someone involved in bitcoinica is a fucking moron and shouldn't be trusted with a single dime, satoshi, eurocent or any other valuable. But, then, we all like to protect our friends, don't we, even if they're somewhere between criminally stupid and negligent, or just criminal 

Yeah - people should be warned before they put their money in a service run by ANY of the people involved in bitcoinica. Incompetent, criminal, or just negligent, they simply are not qualified to care for other people's money.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 05:22:08 PM

The sticking point is to FIND the asshole who did it. I'm quite sure that asshole is right under our noses, but the shit smell around here is so prevalent no one will notice the difference. Everything about this case is seriously fishy, and screams of insider involvement.
Like I said, do a little bit of gumshoe work if you're going to spout off about it. The dude has already been doxed several times. LIKE I SAID, the sticking point is whether there is enough evidence, NOT where or whom the guy is.
Improve your own reading comprehension, fool.

Scammers or not, someone involved in bitcoinica is a fucking moron and shouldn't be trusted with a single dime, satoshi, eurocent or any other valuable. But, then, we all like to protect our friends, don't we, even if they're somewhere between criminally stupid and negligent, or just criminal 

Yeah - people should be warned before they put their money in a service run by ANY of the people involved in bitcoinica. Incompetent, criminal, or just negligent, they simply are not qualified to care for other people's money.
Hindsight is 20/20.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: