Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Black Swan" - 11" Physical Bitcoin (Proof of Ownership)  (Read 1681 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:35:52 PM

"Black Swan"

Material: Quartersawn Zebra Wood
Price: 4BTC
Commissioned By: UkCrypto
Coin: 8 of 10 to be made for the 2015 year

The black swan theory or theory of black swan events is a metaphor that describes an event that comes as a surprise, has a major effect, and is often inappropriately rationalized after the fact with the benefit of hindsight.

The theory was developed by Nassim Nicholas Taleb to explain:

The disproportionate role of high-profile, hard-to-predict, and rare events that are beyond the realm of normal expectations in history, science, finance, and technology.
    The non-computability of the probability of the consequential rare events using scientific methods (owing to the very nature of small probabilities).
    The psychological biases that make people individually and collectively blind to uncertainty and unaware of the massive role of the rare event in historical affairs.

This piece was created to symbolize Bitcoins position as a sort of black swan event. "Black Swan" is carved into a gorgeous specimen of Quartersawn Zebrawood, (one of my favorite woods to work with due to the crazy end grain patterns), and accented with onyx black text and designs, then finished in crytstal coat. (the crystal coat is what gives it the glittery like finish that reflects like diamonds around the raised surface areas.)

This coin is not for sale, This thread is only to show that it was commissioned and purchased by UkCrypto and that he is the original owner.

Note: I am aware that i published #8 before #7. #7 is still drying and cannot be moved to have pictures taken yet. It will be posted later this week. Coin #9 is still up for grabs if you want one of these beauties to put on display at your home or office. Message me for details. This thread has been locked so we can avoid 20 pages of semantics in light of recent events.

Thanks for Viewing.  Cool

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: