Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a market for selling bitcoins via SMS?  (Read 641 times)
JarvisTechnology (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:05:04 AM

I am thinking about getting a website made that allows people automatically buy bitcoins with their phones (via sms).

This might ( remember its not manuel it will be automatic thats why) cost me an arm and a leg , so I want to be sure if there is a good market for that. The cell phone sim companies , legal works , laws and all operational costs on top of the initial start up cost will be as high as mount everest for me so I am looking to post this as many places as I can and get a public opinion on this idea,  where else do you guys think I should post this to get a good answer.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:09:43 AM

IIRC two companies tried it.  One went bankrupt and the other (blockchain.info) stopped due to fraud.  Those SMS payments can be charged backed and my understanding is the carriers just rubber stamp it ("oh you didn't buy that let me remove that charge").
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: