Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:27:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Declining Bitcoin market cap dominance  (Read 3310 times)
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 08:55:53 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 09:14:16 AM by username18333

. . .

Even if we gave every man 3 acres and a cow (pure Distributism), it wouldn't be long before rich and poor emerge. The currency in use is irrelevant to human nature.

. . .

Great Empire Coin™ (GEC™) is the official currency of Great Empire of Earth, is divisible into cents and mills, and has denominations of mega-, terra-, and exacoins.  Earth (i.e., Great Empire of Earth), being an anarchist despotism (Earth law is licensed to the general public for its [non-mandatory] enforcement thereby), has Writcoin clients serve as a heterarchical monetary authority: anyone may “mint” GE coins; however, the coins have to be “minted” through official channels (e.g., Writcoin) to be guaranteed official recognition.

. . .
(Red colorization added.)

Your statement is not entirely accurate.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:58:52 PM

Is username for real? You write like a bot, plus it doesnt make sense, Eamorr is completely right. Distribute everything equally, then after a while those that are more genetically gifted/lucky will be above the rest and create new monopolies.
Might as well have our beloved friend satoshi as the rothchild (in terms of wealth) of bitcoin.
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:58:53 AM

Bitcoin won't lose with it's clone
Market cap isn't everything

Community, adaption & service is more important
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:18:49 PM

Ripple should not be on the list, it is not a decentralized "Alternate cryptocurrency".

Ripple Labs marketing folks certainly would not want to be ranked alongside geek coinz, ponzi coinzs, hippie coinz, black market coinz and terrorist coinz.

It would be wrong to say Ripple is centralised. It's not. It's distributed.

If Ripple Labs marketing folks had any knowledge they would know starting by the name they already lost against something as cool sounding as Bitcoin. Enjoy bag holding.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:32:05 PM

i think thats not alwayas accurate but close with real chart .
Eamorr (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:46:56 PM

Ripple should not be on the list, it is not a decentralized "Alternate cryptocurrency".

Ripple Labs marketing folks certainly would not want to be ranked alongside geek coinz, ponzi coinzs, hippie coinz, black market coinz and terrorist coinz.

If Ripple Labs marketing folks had any knowledge they would know starting by the name they already lost against something as cool sounding as Bitcoin. Enjoy bag holding.

Have you ever marketed anything in your life?

You do know that the "Bitcoin" brand is toxic, right?

You should have a look at the LinkedIn profiles of the non-technical folks at Ripple Labs.

Oh wait, you won't bother, because YOU know better.

Best of luck with everything.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:49:59 PM

You should have a look at the LinkedIn profiles of the non-technical folks at Ripple Labs.

Oh yeah, its so toxic that Microsoft and Paypal just partened with Bitcoin related businesses. Dude we are on the early days and Bitcoin is already lightyears from what Ripple will ever try to amount. Ripple will always be a boring knockout, Bitcoin is the real shit, deal with it.
Eamorr (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:08:06 PM

Oh yeah, its so toxic that Microsoft and Paypal just partened with Bitcoin related businesses. Dude we are on the early days and Bitcoin is already lightyears from what Ripple will ever try to amount. Ripple will always be a boring knockout, Bitcoin is the real shit, deal with it.

Why would large companies only look at Bitcoin and exclude newer developments such as Ripple? (not to mention the NXT community and Stellar)

Good old Bitcoin will be around for a bit longer, but don't think that Bitcoin is the silver bullet for solving the world's currency problems. It isn't. It's debatable whether the Bitcoin is up to the task at all. Instead of arguing how best to fix Bitcoin, others have already done it and are demonstrating the capabilities to the big fish.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 10:14:42 PM

That can be read in two ways. On the one hand, they may have gotten the idea that Bitcoin will be huge. On the other hand, they could have decided just to use Bitcoin as a payment processor in the hopes of getting that whale money for their products. If the latter, all they'll do is provide more selling pressure.

I think Eamorr is making the point that the "Bitcoin brand" isn't that enticing for ordinary folks to buy Bitcoin, for the reason he stated.

At least for now, anyways."The public's memory is short."

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:50:05 AM

As of today, Bitcoin's market cap is only x6 its nearest competitor.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

As the days and weeks go by, I see us going x5, x4, x3...

Should we start getting worried at x2? What then?

There are coins, that you can barely say are coins, that were issued and 90%+ are held by few and those never hit any market. So those few coins that are on market are priced quite high and then when you multiply with whole coin number you get huge capitalization.

Thing is, there should be separate list of crypto coins. Mine able like Bitcoin should be on one list, then can be several other lists.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:35:55 AM

Why would large companies only look at Bitcoin and exclude newer developments such as Ripple? (not to mention the NXT community and Stellar)

Good old Bitcoin will be around for a bit longer, but don't think that Bitcoin is the silver bullet for solving the world's currency problems. It isn't. It's debatable whether the Bitcoin is up to the task at all. Instead of arguing how best to fix Bitcoin, others have already done it and are demonstrating the capabilities to the big fish.

When I see Bill Gates big upping Ripple i'll buy some:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6KRp91YAw8
Eamorr (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:01:52 AM

When I see Bill Gates big upping Ripple i'll buy some:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6KRp91YAw8

I don't think Bill Gates is the Bitcoin zealot you think he is. He's much smarter than that.

Have a look at the articles quoted here: https://xrptalk.org/topic/5226-i-think-bill-gates-just-outed-himself-as-a-ripple-supporter/

Finally:

(real) Market cap ratio is nearly 8:1 right now...
Eamorr (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:08:06 AM

There are coins, that you can barely say are coins, that were issued and 90%+ are held by few and those never hit any market. So those few coins that are on market are priced quite high and then when you multiply with whole coin number you get huge capitalization.

Thing is, there should be separate list of crypto coins. Mine able like Bitcoin should be on one list, then can be several other lists.

coinmarketcap.com takes into account these reserves. The theoretical market cap of Ripple (for example, and has been pointed out above) is much higher.

Regarding your stubborn interest in mineable-only coinz: https://www.coingecko.com (there you can exclude un-minable coinz to your heart's content)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:12:53 PM

coinmarketcap.com takes into account these reserves. The theoretical market cap of Ripple (for example, and has been pointed out above) is much higher.

Regarding your stubborn interest in mineable-only coinz: https://www.coingecko.com (there you can exclude un-minable coinz to your heart's content)

I can issue 1000 coins i name Apple. and i keep 990. 10 i slowly place on sale. 1 a month. This Apple will get huge price since few will just be hungry and want it so bad. Capitalization will be that apple sold *1000
Eamorr (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:47:40 PM

I can issue 1000 coins i name Apple. and i keep 990. 10 i slowly place on sale. 1 a month. This Apple will get huge price since few will just be hungry and want it so bad. Capitalization will be that apple sold *1000

Good for you.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:51:19 PM

Lulz, yeah get a brain transplant.  Meanwhile I'll happily take all your value.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:55:06 PM

No it is not, it Is already only x2..
https://www.ripplecharts.com/#/

Coinmarketcap shows you  <14 million BTC are in circulation. If an extra 26 Million BTC existed right now at protocol level-- in the hands of corporations, private entities, HNWI's etc it would probably make sense to factor those coins into your calculation of market cap unless everyone else is pretending they don't exist as well.

Ripples (XRP) exist in large quantities outside of the bounds of "available supply" given by coinmarketcap. I'd argue even factoring in lock-up agreements and such, 'non public' coins are still very much available supply, Ultimately At your intepretation of x2, ripple will have already have fully surpassed btc
Lulz, the essence of a Ripple bagholder.  But his bag probably isn't half as heavy as yours would be should you take it.
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 10:17:47 PM

Is username for real? You write like a bot, plus it doesnt make sense, Eamorr is completely right. Distribute everything equally, then after a while those that are more genetically gifted/lucky will be above the rest and create new monopolies.
Might as well have our beloved friend satoshi as the rothchild (in terms of wealth) of bitcoin.

Your deficiencies do not dictate the general intelligibility of a statement.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:29:31 AM

The deficiencies of Bitcoin are not strong enough for any other alt(shit)coin to replace it anytime soon(ever).
Eamorr (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:44:25 AM

The deficiencies of Bitcoin are not strong enough for any other alt(shit)coin to replace it anytime soon(ever).

At least we have you now admitting that there are some deficiencies.

We're making progress. We'll eat the elephant eventually - one bite at a time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: