Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:20:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 14519 times)
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 01:53:52 AM

Affiliate Program now available! Get Two Bitcoin for every sale you make! That's $30 dollars for every customer you refer!

Just visit http://gbyte.dk/purchase and type in your bitcoin address where you can receive bitcoins, and I will send you two bitcoins for every sale you make!

Kind regards
Kris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 03:31:40 AM

Questions:

1. How big of a pool has this been tested on? I want to know its scalability.
2. Can this be modified to mine namecoins? If so, do I need you to custom build it?
3. Maybe I read this wrong but this comes with a front-end too?

Thanks in advance!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 11:52:01 AM

Hi smoothie,

1. Up to 300 Ghash/s
2. I'm sure it can, don't know much about namecoins though, but I'm sure we can figure something out if you need me to modify it for namecoin.
3. This is a front-end, with everything included, SQL scheme compatible with pushpoold, a small design easily modified by template files and so on.
4. If you purchase With Support, I setup everything for you if you want, this includes bitcoind, pushpoold, apache or nginx, php 5.3+, mysql server, make the SQL scheme and install the script with rewrite rules.

Also it features support for BitmonMe a monitoring service for your miners and pool API's and support for WalletBit a flexible, digital wallet for your bitcoins.

Kind regards
Kris
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 01:16:54 AM

If you want some free advertising for your pools, please respond back in this thread if you are running a pool on my script.

Kind regards
Kris
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 02:44:44 AM

if you have btc i'll buy them at $5/BTC :p

DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 02:36:54 PM

If I buy the script for $399 will you give me a working VM ready to go (I will change the wallet)  Grin Grin
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 02:30:26 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2011, 02:50:53 PM by DavinciJ15

So i have purchased the $399 product and most of my fear was my lack of Linux experiance.  It turns out my fear was quite justified.

So first thing I did was try to log in the user name was not forth coming but reading through it the readme I found it to be:
bitcoinpool

The password was long and hard so you need to change it so I searched for that command and its...

Code:
passwd

My next issue was how do I change my wallet.dat file need to find it located in
~/.bitcoin/wallet.dat

No problem right I will start searching through folders one by one...
Ops!

The slash KEY does not work neither does the backslash key!  Euro keyboard settings!  So I do some searching on the web so one says use the command:

Code:
setxkbmap us

but I get

The program 'setxkbmap' is currently not installed!

So I installed it (the instructions where there I just forgot what they where sorry)

Then I ran setxkbmap us again and got...

Code:
Cannot open display "default display"

Now I am googling this issue and there is a HUGE list of possibles and solutions.

The one of point of this post is...

WINDOWS DEVELOPERS OR USERS RUN! Shocked

Also any help on fixing this would be appreciated.
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 03:48:07 PM

The blow by blow is to show other windows users/developers what they must endure and how much help they will receive or have the ability to look stuff up.  The learning curve for linux should have a rate of return or forget it.

My objective is to convert this bitcoin pool script into a namecoin pool and allow people to observe my progress.  HERE

So I tried one of the many solutions like calling

loadkeys us

That produced an error with a lot of text but the end result was operation not permitted.

This made me think that like in windows 7 or Vista I'm not the Administrator user even though I am the Admin.  LOL  Cheesy
Thus there has to be a way to run this command with elevated privileges!  I remember seeing it before when I installed the keyboard package.

Searching the web helped me find it and it's  sudo stands for "Super User Do"

So run...
Code:
sudo loadkeys US
That worked perfectly!

Yeah Keyboard works properly now back to original task finding the wallet.dat file!  See my next post!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there, here are some random thoughts and questions that would be nice to have answered...

Is there a command to output the screen to file like in windows...

dir > myfolder.txt

I would like to do this to keep and post the errors I find along the way.  

Then my next question is how to copy it from my linux box to my windows box?  Smiley

My next question is why is this OS 3 gigs with no GUI?  LOL you would think a command line OS that loads in 2 seconds would be 1 gig if that.  LOL

I feel useless in linux can't do anything heck don't even know how to copy a file.  In windows it would copy myfolder.txt \\server\share
 unlikely it will be that easy.

FYI A linux guru bitched at me for creating a free windows package using HyperV, a free windows OS I converted for mining! There is no way I would be up to 10 GHashs using linux.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 03:58:52 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2011, 04:23:58 PM by Inaba

The blow by blow is to show other windows users/developers what they must endure and how much help they will receive or have the ability to look stuff up.  The learning curve for linux should have a rate of return or forget it.

The ability to look stuff up / self-help is essential to any development endeavor.  If someone has trouble doing that, they aren't really a developer, just an average user.

My objective is to convert this bitcoin pool script into a namecoin pool and allow people to observe my progress.  HERE

It's my understanding that with the merged mining, there should be no changes required.

Is there a command to output the screen to file like in windows...

dir > myfolder.txt

I would like to do this to keep and post the errors I find along the way.  

ls > myfolder.txt

Then my next question is how to copy it from my linux box to my windows box?  Smiley

There are many ways to do this.  It depends on your setup.

My next question is why is this OS 3 gigs with no GUI?  LOL you would think a command line OS that loads in 2 seconds would be 1 gig if that.  LOL

You are using a large distro.  You can install a basic CLI linux OS in under 400MB.  If you really want to strip things down, you can fit it on a floppy disk.

I feel useless in linux can't do anything heck don't even know how to copy a file.  In windows it would copy myfolder.txt \\server\share
 unlikely it will be that easy.

cp myfolder.txt /where/you/want/to/copy/it

FYI A linux guru bitched at me for creating a free windows package using HyperV, a free windows OS I converted for mining! There is no way I would be up to 10 GHashs using linux.

No way?  You'd likely have a better hashrate than in Windows with a properly setup Linux miner.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 05:22:24 PM

Hey man thanks for all your help the information you provided is very helpful.
[Sent you 0.1875 bitcoins to your address]

Glad all the things I know about dos are the same in Linux.   Embarrassed Little embarrassed that I did not try the same thing I do in DOS.  

Man, I thought edlin was bad but vi, OH MY GOD!  I am not sure how to get to the colon ":" command prompt I pressed ran it pressed q then the command prompt showed up I thought it was escape?  My guess is if I am in edit mode (don't know how to do that yet) then hit escape then q I will get to the colon ":" command prompt?

Anyhow...

You are using a large distro.  You can install a basic CLI linux OS in under 400MB.  If you really want to strip things down, you can fit it on a floppy disk.

The distro I have was purchased from the vendor on of this topic he should answer the question of why this VM is so large.

No way?  You'd likely have a better hashrate than in Windows with a properly setup Linux miner.

Key word "properly setup miner" its easier to do when you know your OS.  Besides I have seen more crazy Hash rates from people using windows than linux.

There are many ways to do this.  It depends on your setup.

Thought so, but I am sure I can look it up it's a common task that if I cared enough about linux I would have developed a simplified solution like I don't know...

WinCopy source \\dest_server\dest_share\dest_folder -user:username -pass:password

But thats me be being crazy thinking someone would want make it easy so that people can make the switch from windows. Smiley

Well I am off to learn...
1.  VI
2.  How to access a windows share
3.  Find my wallet.dat file

Any help in those endeavours will be appreciated.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 06:15:18 PM

DavinciJ, I feel your pain.  I've had to learn linux on a VPS, and it's been a HUGE undertaking so far.  At least I am comfortable doing the basics at this point now though.  I still have a long ways to go before I could be considered even a user of linux though.

Also, I'd recommend pico for editing files.  I find it a lot more user-friendly than VI or VIM.  The downside is, it doesn't have a search feature, so if you're editing a large config file, it can sometimes take a while to find the line you are looking for.
DavinciJ15

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 11:19:31 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2011, 08:42:35 PM by DavinciJ15

DavinciJ, I feel your pain.  I've had to learn linux on a VPS, and it's been a HUGE undertaking so far.  At least I am comfortable doing the basics at this point now though.  I still have a long ways to go before I could be considered even a user of linux though.

Also, I'd recommend pico for editing files.  I find it a lot more user-friendly than VI or VIM.  The downside is, it doesn't have a search feature, so if you're editing a large config file, it can sometimes take a while to find the line you are looking for.

You and me are shining examples of why people avoid linux like the plague up until we absolutely had no choice.  If linux is the best the open source community can do for a UI we can expect the same kind of success for bitcoins if people like me and you don't do something about it.

I have paid $400 for this script and I have to get it to work first so I can make more bitcoins to spend on improving bitcoins usability.  Man if my overhead wasn't so high I would quit my job and work on this full time I have already quit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/davincij15 talking about gold and silver and I WAS wishing I could develop a monetary software product that would end the banksters!

Bitcoin is it and I am glad to be a part of bitcoin developer community.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 12:37:12 AM

I am doing my best to help everyone via my Support Center.

Kind regards
Kris
Keninishna

Activity: 556

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 11:25:52 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2011, 02:13:59 PM by Keninishna

I am trying to setup your site script here http://66.154.118.241 All I receive is this blank page, no error messages. I am not sure whats wrong? I have setup ioncube loader, mysql and the schema, php 5.3, apache2, curl, I am using poolserverj instead of pushpoold. I have edited config.php with the correct settings. the /tmp folder has write permissions. Is there any way to get debug info? Thanks.

EDIT: nevermind figured it out. Was a pain though without error messages.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: