Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:33:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix (Options)  (Read 1891 times)
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:11:43 PM

Place a put order for 360 at 1.50 bid for March 20, 2015

Thank me later.

If you want me to explain further into this speculation, just ask.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:23:15 PM

Thank me later.

Which stock exchange do you use please? Is it supposed to go up in price? Thanks.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:46:11 PM

I use options express. I predict a huge drop for Netflix which means a huge gain for this put.
koinvict

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:37:19 PM

Thank me later.

Explain.
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:12:22 PM

Thank me later.

Explain.

He just did.

I predict a huge drop for Netflix which means a huge gain for this put.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:18:43 PM

I use options express. I predict a huge drop for Netflix which means a huge gain for this put.

I guess my question is where do you see the fundamentals breaking, the movement of Canadian netflix users to the American version of it or the constant awesomeness of Plex and Xbmc Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
twiifm

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:27:13 PM

I guess my question is where do you see the fundamentals breaking, the movement of Canadian netflix users to the American version of it or the constant awesomeness of Plex and Xbmc Smiley

What fundamental?  P/E ratio is like 130.  It only beat ER by 1c.  I agree that you should short NFLX.  I'm not sure the timing but soon.  Look for an "M" pattern when you short
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:34:23 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 03:23:46 AM by freedomno1

What fundamental?  P/E ratio is like 130.  It only beat ER by 1c.  I agree that you should short NFLX.  I'm not sure the timing but soon.  Look for an "M" pattern when you short

Sorry I shouldn't have said fundamental, was talking about it but not under fundamental analysis but under growth.
I meant the metrics that underlay the sentiment in the stock and what would make it crash, that said I would short netflix as well it's ratios are overvalued at present given the economic changes.
However one could argue that this is an alternative to a vacation so we might see more netflix users.

That said Jpmorgan calls $511 that makes me suspicious
http://www.bidnessetc.com/33319-heres-why-jpmorgan-revised-target-price-on-netflix-nflx-stock-to-511/

OP has a short due in two months so this is worth observation

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:02:01 AM

I'll get back here when it's time. I haven't actually shorted yet. I'm waiting for the price to get a bit higher so that my short will cost less, reaping more gains for me. If the short goes under a buck, that's around a 50x gain for me.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:22:44 AM

Thank me later.

Which stock exchange do you use please? Is it supposed to go up in price? Thanks.

Is there any good stock exchange that allows you to use bitcoin ?
Came across a thread today but can't find it anymore.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:18:29 AM

At least, no trusted exchange. I have no idea.
Stringer Bell

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:26:33 AM

I looked at their financials over 2 years ago and thoughts "holy fucking crap, how is this stock price anywhere NEAR where it is today"?

And thought, this is obvious, easy money, I am going to short this stock. 3 month, 6 month, 12 month even and I think some 24 month (was sure it couldn't possibly last 2 more than years, and it would correct significantly lower towards a more realistic value).

Great company, horrible stock, the most creative accounting i've ever seen in my life. Who the heck actually knows how to put a fair value on it. But I am warning you, as somebody who thought PUT options were a slam-dunk and got burned, 2 years ago or so - be careful, that price could stay high for who knows how long(years and years more even maybe..), it has NO basis in reality anymore. The market's prices today are totally disconnected from reality in many areas in general (long story).

I am sure many have come to the same conclusion only do discover the price behaves in a manner which defies reality.

This stock is a turd which just won't flush.
twiifm

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:31:45 AM

I looked at their financials over 2 years ago and thoughts "holy fucking crap, how is this stock price anywhere NEAR where it is today"?

And thought, this is obvious, easy money, I am going to short this stock. 3 month, 6 month, 12 month even and I think some 24 month (was sure it couldn't possibly last 2 more than years, and it would correct significantly lower towards a more realistic value).

Great company, horrible stock, the most creative accounting i've ever seen in my life. Who the heck actually knows how to put a fair value on it. But I am warning you, as somebody who thought PUT options were a slam-dunk and got burned, 2 years ago or so - be careful, that price could stay high for who knows how long(years and years more even maybe..), it has NO basis in reality anymore. The market's prices today are totally disconnected from reality in many areas in general (long story).

I am sure many have come to the same conclusion only do discover the price behaves in a manner which defies reality.

This stock is a turd which just won't flush.

When buying options you have to get timing pretty perfect or you get killed on theta.  I suggest doing something like an at the money vertical for directional play or sell out of the money call so theta is in your favor
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:24:06 AM

Thank me later.

No, probably due to regulatory things.

Even if one opens, I guess the trades will be in USD and you might have the option to withdraw using  BTC

ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:32:21 AM

Thank me later.

No, probably due to regulatory things.

Even if one opens, I guess the trades will be in USD and you might have the option to withdraw using  BTC

That will do for me as well. Just want to find one that does. Do you know f any existing exhcnage ?
cysive

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:15:26 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 07:11:19 PM by cysive

After the recent earnings report and reaction, shorting Netflix with March 360 puts is an insane idea.

The stock doesn't trade on PE it trades on subscriber numbers, and the company just announced it will grow their subs internationally and remain profitable doing it. The market loved that.

Nothing in that analysis is likely to change before the March 20 put expiration recommended in the op.

-C.

Creator of the world's first bitcoin game show. http://takemybitcoins.tv

https://twitter.com/TakeMyBitcoins
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:35:05 PM

After the recent earnings report and reaction, shorting Netflix with March 360 puts is an insane idea.

The stock doesn't trade on PE it trades on subscriber numbers, and the company just announced it will grow their subs internationally and remain profitable doing it. The market loved that.

Nothing in that analysis is likely to change before the March 20 put expiration recommended in the op.

-C.

You are right. April is actually the put I am actually going to make.

I always read through all the news through the year and future news. The price swings are massive on this thing. The hype should finish by April which would be the time they will have their 1st Quarter earnings for the year.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:01:06 PM

I see though, that after I close my short, I am going to go long on a 2017 Call for 600. I see 600 as a possibility within the next 2 years. I actually see 1200 as a possibility in 2 years.
cysive

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 10:26:19 PM

I see though, that after I close my short, I am going to go long on a 2017 Call for 600. I see 600 as a possibility within the next 2 years. I actually see 1200 as a possibility in 2 years.

I absolutely agree that options are the way to go here. But I would wait for a new all time high over $480 before shorting.

Good luck,

-C.

Creator of the world's first bitcoin game show. http://takemybitcoins.tv

https://twitter.com/TakeMyBitcoins
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:17:40 PM

I absolutely agree that options are the way to go here. But I would wait for a new all time high over $480 before shorting.

Good luck,

-C.

This is exactly what i'm waiting for. I have made a fortune when I did this same strategy last year. This time though, I do plan to hold a long after my put.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:07:33 PM

Thank me later.

you can leverage trade some stocks on 1broker
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: