Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:51:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQCoin, the coin you want to eat.  (Read 142812 times)
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:12:55 PM

Remember: BBQCoin was there, way before CHNCoin, FTC and other LTC clones ever existed.

And it's the most tasty coin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gpudude

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

GPUDude

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:14:55 PM

Got a message back from an exchange that they will start trading BBQCoins in 72 hours  Smiley They are testing and setting up, no exact ETA but said "within 72 hours".

Last time I got such a message was:

Just got it confirmed by e-mail:

CNC is coming to a second "major" exchange soon (<48 hours, they are setting up and testing)

Didn't get a confirmation, nor a denial, from another one I mailed.

That's great news Smiley
First FTC shortly after I mailed, now CNC Smiley

Screenshot?

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:17:45 PM

Got a message back from an exchange that they will start trading BBQCoins in 72 hours  Smiley They are testing and setting up, no exact ETA but said "within 72 hours".

Last time I got such a message was:

Just got it confirmed by e-mail:

CNC is coming to a second "major" exchange soon (<48 hours, they are setting up and testing)

Didn't get a confirmation, nor a denial, from another one I mailed.

That's great news Smiley
First FTC shortly after I mailed, now CNC Smiley

Screenshot?

You'll just have to trust me again Smiley I was spot on with the CNC message.
It took me time to build up my reputation on this bb, not going to ruin it by falsifying "breaking news".
I have my sources, my sources trust me, I won't let them down, just spreading the word.
Why? The exchange needs a high hashrate / difficulty before they implement a coin without fear of DS attacks.

And also Virexa exchange should be coming up soon with BBQ, but I won't hold my breath...

BTW, how valid would a screenshot be? I could Photoshop Bill Gates mailing "I buy all the BBQCoins on the market" within 5 minutes.
gpudude

Activity: 126

GPUDude

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:19:00 PM

Would be good to see proof Smiley Especially with it being spread everywhere.   Lets see if you are correct  Grin
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:27:07 PM

I read that Bill Gates is buying all the BBQcoins on the Market! Tongue

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
tmine

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:30:39 PM

I read that Bill Gates is buying all the BBQcoins on the Market! Tongue

-MarkM-

Yeah, I read that some guy in this thread knows a guy who is throwing a bbq with bill and wants to make custom physical bbqcoins inside of smoked bbq pork sandwiches
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:31:27 PM

Would be good to see proof Smiley Especially with it being spread everywhere.   Lets see if you are correct  Grin

If I lie now, you won't trust me next time I have information.
layerz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:32:19 PM

2nd Exchange is on the way, and I expect a few more to follow.
marr1

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:50:12 PM

Creating a conf file (bbqcoin.conf) and adding
addnode = xxx to the nodes of a previous post I have 8 connections and started to download the block chain.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:56:56 PM

I have been busy and budget-filled just getting my "supernode infrastructure" set up to the point where I am able to maintain two DeVCoin "stable nodes" but as I do seem to be an at least somewhat major stakeholder in BBQcoin I will start trying to shoehorn the running of a BBQcoin "stable node" also into my "supernode budget".

Any other major stakeholders willing to make a commitment?

Or are the rest of you that are here just dumping your stakes or foisting off the costs of maintaining an appealing network on to others?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
champbronc2

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:02:33 PM

markm, please elaborate on the commitment you mean? or PM me. I'm tryna help and BQC is gon be big.

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:02:49 PM

I have been busy and budget-filled just getting my "supernode infrastructure" set up to the point where I am able to maintain two DeVCoin "stable nodes" but as I do seem to be an at least somewhat major stakeholder in BBQcoin I will start trying to shoehorn the running of a BBQcoin "stable node" also into my "supernode budget".

Or are the rest of you that are here just dumping your stakes or foisting off the costs of maintaining an appealing network on to others?

-MarkM-

I am trying my best and I would like to run a stable node to help the network.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 06:12:10 PM

-MarkM-

Hey faggot, you were bashing almost all newer scamcoins just few days ago - why change the attitude now? Ohh, I see, you have the most of BBQ scamcoins out there.

Too bad you can't sell them and buy what it takes to be a decent human being.

BBQcoin is not "newer", it is one of the ancient coins that is part of the maintenance burden I wrote of, the maintenance burden that makes the idea of increasing the maintenance burden by creating even more coins to maintain seem such a bad idea.

In essence we are not really up to speed yet on merely maintaining all the coins that have already been created therefore it would be irresponsible to create yet more coins.

The fact that people are creating new coins while they have not even managed to properly maintain the coins that already exist is part of what makes it so glaringly obvious they are simply out to scam as much money as they can as fast as they can even at the expense of the community. (Who do you think is going to be burdened with the maintenance of all the new coins they keep creating? Them? Or are they going to leave it to the community to support the new batch of victims they sucked in while they go on to spawn yet another coin to suck in yet another batch of victims for the community to support?)

Your determination to spawn yet another coin in total disregard for such things makes you look like a diehard scammer to me, utterly determined to proceed with your scam despite the harm to the community.

-MarkM-

nesic1

Activity: 636

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:15:22 PM

anyone know where can i find p2pool source files?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 06:35:38 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 06:55:53 PM by markm

markm, please elaborate on the commitment you mean? or PM me. I'm tryna help and BQC is gon be big.

Well actually there are two layers of "fallback nodes".

One is the "DNS seed" layer, in which hostnames (host.domain.tld) are coded into the clients instead of IP addresses, so that who-ever controls the domains those DNS seed hostnames are in can point the hostnames at "stable nodes" in the (hopefully rare) event that a "stable node" is somehow forced, despite its best efforts, to change its IP address.

This layer provides the client with fallback that can be changed to point to different nodes without having to change the client and have everyone install a new client.

The second layer does require a new client release to fix, thus it is where only the most determinedly stable nodes of all should be coded in, since it is the final resort layer, only in fact resorted to if not one of the hostnames in the DNS seed layer resolves to an IP address that actually is still running a working node. This final resort is a list of actual IP addresses, thus it needs nodes that are able to ensure their upstream ISPs and such are extremely unlikely to ever change which IP address is assigned to that node/machine.

The nodes of that bottom layer need to have stable IP addresses, not just stable presence online, reliably open incoming port, ability to have a huge number of connections (so many that bitcoin nodes of this kind for example have been known to crash from lack of RAM if they have only four gigs of RAM) and enough bandwidth to supply the entire blockchain to lots of new user clients all at once.

It would make sense to me that the people who control bbqcoin.org, bbqcoin,com and bbqcoin.net (maybe especially the .net since .net top level domain is for network infrastructure type of domains?) should take on the responsibility of ensuring that DNS seed hostnames on their domain are kept up to date, meaning, are changed to point to a live backbone-node if the backbone-node they point at dies or flies by night.

That is a pretty cheap responsibility, since it need not involve any ongoing human workload if it were done by someone who hosts their own DNS servers for the BBQcoin domain they are administering. (Scripts could modify the DNS in accordance with watchdogs that check the nodes pointed to are alive.) For someone who uses third party DNS servers it would involve having to navigate whatever stupid GUI-website type interface their DNS provider makes available to them through which to modify DNS records.

(Unless their DNS provider provides an API Huh Look into that...)

Merely keeping a bunch of hostnames on a domain pointed at serviceable backbone nodes is trivial compared to actually providing a backbone node, even one placed only on the DNS seed layer due to not really being able to be sure it will be able to stay at the same IP address consistently over the long term.

For DeVCoin, we have coded into the client five hostnames on each of two domains: dvcstable01 through dvcstable05 on each of devcoin.org and devtome.com

Someone though suggested one could use just one hostname and plug in however many IP address one chose per hostname.

I preferred separate hostnames because I wanted to be able to ssh and sftp to a host by name and also did not want to have to use a 3rd party web-gui user-interface to type in every IP address twice, once into the many IPS per hostname hostname and again into each individul host's hostname.

However, looking at / caring about machine work rather than human data-entry-clerk work, apparently the client could find connections faster if it could get lots of IP addresses with one hostname-lookup and loop through them instead of looping through hostnames doing a DNS lookup on each one.

Using two domains was in case the admin of one falls under a bus. Accordingly the hostnames on both domains point to the same hosts in case the DNS-provider of one domain falls under a nuke or other WMD. We only actually have four backbone nodes so all four's IPs went into the last resort IP numbers list and the hostnames 01 through 04 point each to one of the nodes, the fifth name not being populated yet but being looked up by the client hoping we do get to populate it some day.

-MarkM-

MinerLT

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:48:46 PM

will buy some for sure, so nice to see BBQ is alive again <3

Success doesn't come to you…you go to it

riku2015

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:05:28 PM

can anybody test with extra hash power p2pool
http://pool.titanix.net:8888/static
settings on cgminer to: -o http://pool.titanix.net -u [money addr] -p x

thanks Smiley
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 07:19:25 PM

BBQcoin wiki on devtome has a lot more information on BQC: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=bbqcoin

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:24:04 PM

BBQcoin wiki on devtome has a lot more information on BQC: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=bbqcoin
arr, im not listed there! shame! sad me Sad

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:25:23 PM

The fun part is that both source code and client links are 404...

Bitrated user: blastbob.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: