Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade  (Read 57794 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 12:41:23 AM

I have talked some more with Alberto. The summary is:
1. He says he's not Bitscalper. In particular, while Alberto uses the handle jjfarren in some places, I did not see any evidence that jjfarren on the forum is him.

The code of bitscalper is the same. This can be a type of fingerprint that is almost  unique. Along with the fact he uses the same skype name is damning.

The whole thing makes me think of this movie-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095031/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pyramining

Activity: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:48:59 AM

The code of bitscalper is the same. This can be a type of fingerprint that is almost  unique. Along with the fact he uses the same skype name is damning.

I have been accused to be Bitscalper when I published my service months ago...
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:54:36 AM

I have talked some more with Alberto. The summary is:
1. He says he's not Bitscalper. In particular, while Alberto uses the handle jjfarren in some places, I did not see any evidence that jjfarren on the forum is him.
2. We're figuring out a way to resolve the current situation.
3. Tomorrow he'll be home and he'll reformat his previous announcement and add more detail to it.
4. While I can sympathize with the people wanting to panic sell, it's their decision to make and they're ultimately responsible for it if it turns out being unwise.

vampireb@blood:~$ nslookup
> set type=soa
> bitscalper.com.
Server:         216.86.146.8
Address:        216.86.146.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
bitscalper.com
        origin = exoware.mars.orderbox-dns.com
        mail addr = jjfarren.hotmail.com
        serial = 2012010406
        refresh = 7200
        retry = 7200
        expire = 172800
        minimum = 7200

Authoritative answers can be found from:
bitscalper.com  nameserver = exoware.mercury.orderbox-dns.com.
bitscalper.com  nameserver = exoware.earth.orderbox-dns.com.
bitscalper.com  nameserver = exoware.mars.orderbox-dns.com.
bitscalper.com  nameserver = exoware.venus.orderbox-dns.com.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 12:55:34 AM

I have been accused to be Bitscalper when I published my service months ago...

But your skype name isnt jjfarren  Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 06:26:06 AM

With Bitscalper I was never sure or not if it was a scam or just fail security. It is starting to look like this as well.

However I would like to know why this guy has bitscalpers source code. Only MinningBudy and myself other than bitscalper got it.

Some more clarification would be great.

Why do you have bitscalpers source code ?

piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1344

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 06:27:26 AM

Hmmm... now I'm starting to worry Smiley

But what do you guys mean that he has bitscalpers source code?

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 06:30:49 AM

bitdaytrade is an exact clone of it apparently.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 06:33:18 AM

how can you say?
did someone look into the code?

the ui looked different to me.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:52:22 AM

how can you say?
did someone look into the code?

the ui looked different to me.

Even if it's not bitscalper's code, the redditors found a heap of vulnerabilities in it yesterday.

As a pre-emptive measure, we have deleted every database record related to users. This effectively renders bitdaytrade.com useless. We demand a public apology in exchange for a backup of the previous state of the database.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/yc6rf/we_demand_a_public_apology_from_uthezenpadguy/

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 06:56:11 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 07:24:35 AM by piotr_n

After further investigation, I have to admit that now I do believe that Alberto, vel jjfarren is the guy who created bitscalper.
There are not too many people out there who use capital letters while typing, but don't use a capital letter for "I"...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77195.0
Plus, what has already been pointed out, like the DNS records.
Thanks guys for opening my eyes.

pyramining

Activity: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 11:25:34 AM

I did some research too, and I am quite convinced that he is bitscalper.

We know his name and we know he's in hong-kong. What do we do now?
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 11:34:37 AM

Notify the Triad? Wink

ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:49:16 PM

FAQ
However, over the past 3 weeks I have done an extensive due diligence process. I talked with Alberto about many things and I am confident he is committed to making bitdaytrade work, and even if it fails, to pay back every last satoshi of debt, bringing to the table his personal assets if necessary (of which he has enough to cover his obligations). He is also committed not to have the kind of security negligence we have seen in Bitcoinica.

I have documents verifying his identity, and I have confirmed his address by sending a physical letter. I have looked at his business plan, and while it has some challenging goals, overall it makes sense.

More details about him can be found in his Linkedin profile. Alberto has had some unsuccessful ventures in the past, but he is learning from the mistakes he made.

I can respond to additional queries via this thread or PMs. But I would like to emphasize again that it is every investor's responsibility to assess his own trust in Alberto.

Meni, are you ready to stand by the information you have given us?

Here are some good highlights

"pay back every last satoshi of debt, bringing to the table his personal assets if necessary (of which he has enough to cover his obligations)"
"I have documents verifying his identity, and I have confirmed his address by sending a physical letter."

BlockChain Capital
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:01:23 PM

He is also committed not to have the kind of security negligence we have seen in Bitcoinica.

No comment...

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:16:40 PM

Three percent per week interest is only sustainable in the short term.

If I were BDT, I'd make sure to establish an impeccable track record of paying every dividend in full and on time. Soon, people would flock to these reliable, profitable bonds and the price would rise. That would be the signal that the bonds could be compulsorily bought back, and that a new issue at a lower interest rate (say, 0.3% per week) would be successful.

Under all of this mess is an underlying business that could become quite successful. If only the website security and customer relations could be handled as professionally as Meni handled the IPO!
ianspain
Donator

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:28:11 PM

Under all of this mess is an underlying business that could become quite successful. If only the website security and customer relations could be handled as professionally as Meni handled the IPO!

I'm not too sure how professional Meni has been, let's see how his words turn out

BlockChain Capital
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:15:46 PM

Meni: bitdaytrade has not responded to my PMs.  I would like to know why the coupons have not been paid this week. I'm okay with slight delays (it's in the share contract that coupons may be delayed up to 2 weeks), but investors need communication from the issuer each and every time a coupon is late.
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:36:06 PM

My thoughts as well.
ianspain
Donator

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 05:54:40 PM

guys, one last question, has Alberto started working full time on the bitdaytrade or is he still working in the family restaurant?

BlockChain Capital
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 06:00:56 PM

Uhmm.. no dividends today?
Presumably Alberto was unable to pay the coupons because he's not home. I talked with him and he said he will do it tomorrow.

Meni, are you ready to stand by the information you have given us?

Here are some good highlights

"pay back every last satoshi of debt, bringing to the table his personal assets if necessary (of which he has enough to cover his obligations)"
"I have documents verifying his identity, and I have confirmed his address by sending a physical letter."
I did indeed check Alberto's background to the best of my understanding. I sent a letter to the address in Italy he gave me and he learned its contents (which means either he or someone he is in touch with can access mail sent to this address), and I have an ID scan. My impressions from the process were that he intends and is able to make good on his obligations. But I am not omniscient and I am not a forensic expert. If I was 100% certain of this I would have just lent him the money myself, and it was clear that investors are sharing the counterparty risk. If it turns out I was wrong there is only a limited degree to which I can be held accountable.

guys, one last question, has Alberto started working full time on the bitdaytrade or is he still working in the family restaurant?
He was scheduled to start working on Bitdaytrade full time next month.

Alberto was originally supposed to be home today and resume working with me on resolving the current situation; he now says there's been a change in plans and it will be tomorrow evening. Let's wait until tomorrow.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: